April 18, 2014 | 2108 users online

Highlighters - BeneFit Cosmetics - Moon Beam

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2014 9:45:00 PM More reviews by combatmedicwife

This review is more a reminder to myself about why never to fall for the packaging and buy it a third time:
Note to self: remember you do not like liquid highlighters in the first place! They mess up your foundation.
It applies unevenly.
The highlighting looks like the iridescent red/pink hues of motor oil on top of a rain puddle.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2013 1:04:00 PM More reviews by anonyym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Nothing special?

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2013 12:43:00 PM More reviews by thekeri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love, love, love Benefit's Moon Beam - it adds a gorgeous glow wherever I place it on my face, and doesn't have obscene shimmer. The apricot color works on my NC42 skin so much better than High Beam, which looks garish on me.

I'm YEARS into a full-size bottle that I use once or twice a week, and it hasn't turned or gone bad. I only wish it came in smaller sizes outside of Benefit's value sets so I wouldn't have to worry about that, though :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 5:45:00 AM More reviews by tallulahlm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Yes, yes, we all love Moonbeam. But check out Benefit's Sunbeam! I think it's seriously underrated. Go look it up. Though to be honest you can't go wrong with either product. Everything I give Sunbeam love for in my review I'd apply to Moonbeam as well. Just so long as we get everyone off the High beam hype...it's about time!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2013 7:01:00 PM More reviews by zrwr00

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I am surprised by how much I love this product. Out of all of the benefit highlighters this is my favourite. It looks great on my very fair skin. It is super easy to blend and it is easy to travel with. It gives y8ur face that finished look :-)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by khadeeja

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It's fine but not really good. Also you can't really see much different when you use it. Considering the price to the value I will not recommend it and will not buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2013 9:47:00 AM More reviews by CPyl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought Moon Beam to use as a highlighter over foundation, but although I really love the color, it is really subtle that way. It gives a nice glow when mixed with foundation, but I wouldn't repurchase only for this purpose. I'd prefer a highlighter which can be used both ways.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2013 2:04:00 PM More reviews by Mollieismehehe

This stuff is okay. It does give a pretty glow, but it is just annoying to apply and blend. I like it better than highbeam though. I like it, but I never really wear it. There are better highlighters out there for the price.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2013 5:46:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I got this from my grandmother because she had been using it to give her a healthier looking complexion. It did nothing on my cheeks. Like many have mentioned, it does not show up and really, it only leaves a slight shimmer effect. Not really worth the money. On a side note, it does look nice when placed just under the brow bone, so it is not a totally useless product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 9:44:00 PM More reviews by Radchickee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the same thing as High Beam but its an apricot shade. Where High Beam gives a pinkish white highlight, this gives a more peachy opalescent tone. I think this doesn't show up as much on my skin compared to High Beam, maybe because its closer to my skin tone. It's very subtle. It's best applied with your fingers because the brush doesn't blend it well. I use it on top of my foundation, not underneath as the instructions say, because putting it underneath just seems to make it disappear. I dislike the package because its like a nail polish bottle, and the redipping of the brush seems unhygienic to me. I'll use up my bottle because I like the subtle effect but I wouldn't repurchase.