July 23, 2014 | 1096 users online

Highlighters - BeneFit Cosmetics - Moon Beam

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2014 6:53:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

So many Beams to choose from now - Moon, Sun and High. High Beam is my winner as it actually shows up as a beautiful high lighter on my NC15 skin - where as Moon Beam is more of a light apricot and seems to blend invisibly into my yellowy under toned complexion.

I have never tried this under foundation but think it would all but just disappear. Over blush I find it does not blend that well and have experimented with various small foundation, stipple and fluffy brushes and fingers.

The best way I have found to use this is for those days I do not want a really obvious "bam" highlight look, I dot about 3 spots on top of my cheekbones blend with a small brush, wait to dry/set then pop blush over top - it gives the blush a really pretty glow and with a decent blush does last all day. I really like the effect I get using it like this but would not repurchase as these small bottles literally last forever.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2014 9:45:00 PM More reviews by combatmedicwife

This review is more a reminder to myself about why never to fall for the packaging and buy it a third time:
Note to self: remember you do not like liquid highlighters in the first place! They mess up your foundation.
It applies unevenly.
The highlighting looks like the iridescent red/pink hues of motor oil on top of a rain puddle.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2013 1:04:00 PM More reviews by anonyym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Nothing special?

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2013 12:43:00 PM More reviews by thekeri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love, love, love Benefit's Moon Beam - it adds a gorgeous glow wherever I place it on my face, and doesn't have obscene shimmer. The apricot color works on my NC42 skin so much better than High Beam, which looks garish on me.

I'm YEARS into a full-size bottle that I use once or twice a week, and it hasn't turned or gone bad. I only wish it came in smaller sizes outside of Benefit's value sets so I wouldn't have to worry about that, though :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 5:45:00 AM More reviews by tallulahlm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Yes, yes, we all love Moonbeam. But check out Benefit's Sunbeam! I think it's seriously underrated. Go look it up. Though to be honest you can't go wrong with either product. Everything I give Sunbeam love for in my review I'd apply to Moonbeam as well. Just so long as we get everyone off the High beam hype...it's about time!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2013 7:01:00 PM More reviews by zrwr00

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I am surprised by how much I love this product. Out of all of the benefit highlighters this is my favourite. It looks great on my very fair skin. It is super easy to blend and it is easy to travel with. It gives y8ur face that finished look :-)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by khadeeja

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It's fine but not really good. Also you can't really see much different when you use it. Considering the price to the value I will not recommend it and will not buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2013 9:47:00 AM More reviews by CPyl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought Moon Beam to use as a highlighter over foundation, but although I really love the color, it is really subtle that way. It gives a nice glow when mixed with foundation, but I wouldn't repurchase only for this purpose. I'd prefer a highlighter which can be used both ways.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2013 2:04:00 PM More reviews by Mollieismehehe

This stuff is okay. It does give a pretty glow, but it is just annoying to apply and blend. I like it better than highbeam though. I like it, but I never really wear it. There are better highlighters out there for the price.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2013 5:46:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I got this from my grandmother because she had been using it to give her a healthier looking complexion. It did nothing on my cheeks. Like many have mentioned, it does not show up and really, it only leaves a slight shimmer effect. Not really worth the money. On a side note, it does look nice when placed just under the brow bone, so it is not a totally useless product.