July 26, 2014 | 1435 users online

Lipstick - Bobbi Brown - Clove lipstick

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2013 6:26:00 PM More reviews by mecepeda

I am scratching my head as to why this lipstick was ever discontinued in the first place, as it seems like a staple color for anyone with warm-toned skin. It's also a gorgeous, russet brown, and no one does brown lipstick better than Bobbi Brown. Like most of BB's standard lipsticks, Clove is matte and can be a bit drying, so I would recommend using a bit of lip balm and letting it sink in for a minute prior to application. I wear this to work and find that I only need to do one spot touch up during the entire day (after eating - but even then all of my lipstick does not come off). The wear time is excellent. If you are looking for a classic brown with strong red undertones, then Clove is an excellent choice. It pairs well with Chanel's Spice lip liner. If you are a bit put off by the matte texture and potential dryness of Clove, however, I would definitely suggest trying Lipstick Queen Saint Rust lipstick - it is a similar color, but has a sheer (though well pigmented) formula that is much more hydrating.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2012 5:44:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

This was just re-released for a limited time on bobbibrown.com. It is part of the Bobbi Brings Back promotion, where discontinued lipsticks are available. I'm pretty new to Bobbi Brown, and I never heard of it when it first came out. However, I have to say that I LOVE this color. It's a beautiful reddish brown. I got tons of compliments when I wore this color.

If you have never used a Bobbi Brown lip color before, you are in for a treat. The formula is great. It is well pigmented and lasts long. On the website, it is described as soft matte. I can see that because it doesn't have a lot of shine to it. Still, it is not drying and flat like many matte lipsticks. Overall, I highly recommend this lipstick. Get it while it is still around.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2010 4:35:00 PM More reviews by psychdr

This is a beautiful, deep brownish red shade that lasts and lasts throughout the day. I first tried it because I'm a big fan of Vanessa Marcil, and I read in an article that she used to wear this in most of her scenes when she was on General Hospital. I was not disappointed in this lipstick. If I had only one negative thing to say, it would be that the formula can be a bit drying - but it's not too bad. I guess that's why it lasts all day. I would definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2008 8:04:00 PM More reviews by LaciP504

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My one and only BB l/s. Kind of pricey considering I'm used to buying MAC but as long as the quality is there I can justify it. =) I was intrigued by this one since due to all the V. Marcil hype. I don't watch soaps anymore but used to and her makeup was always great. It's a great warm red/brown shade. It's a wearable color as in daily wear to the office, not just a nighttime out on the town shade. This one could go both ways.I'm warm/golden and this looks really good on me as far as flattering my complexion. It's hard for me find shades of red I like and this one is way up there for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2006 11:57:00 PM More reviews by jamilaz

I love this lipstick shade! This is my staple everyday shade. It goes perfectly with everything. Fits all occasions from work to weddings.

My skintone is on a more swarthy tone. I'm of pakistani background. I find this shade to go with everything I wear.

The lipstick formula is like a moisture matte. Never drying, rather comforting to the lips.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2005 2:36:00 PM More reviews by red51

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have red hair and this is not a good shade for me. I love Bobbi Brown lipstick, but not this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2005 12:46:00 PM More reviews by JC1976

I LOVE Bobbi Brown for making this shade. It is the most amazing, belongs on my face, red l/s and I love the quality of it. I (a pale, pinky person) can finally wear red l/s and be the red l/s personality I always wanted to be. I also really love her Crimson Sheer for a darker, more burgundy red.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2003 3:27:00 PM More reviews by parkc

This is the best strong nude plummy brown I've ever bought! It looks stunning on - and complements any eye-makeup look. LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2003 12:55:00 PM More reviews by mcrouse

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After searching for the perfect red shade I have found it. Being a redhead it was really hard for me to find a red that worked well. It is a brown red on me wiithout being too brown. I love this color and it has become a staple of mine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2003 9:08:00 PM More reviews by Stainless

More red than Chocolate but more brown than Scarlet, this color is a true brown/red hybrid that is extremely versatile. It can look casual and sophisticated depending upon the way you apply it and the rest of your make-up. Alone, the creamy, opaque matte shade looks very 1940s coupled with a neutral eye look. With a layer of Crystal Lip Gloss and some dramatic brown eye liner, it looks way glam yet much more natural than say Madonna wearing MAC Russian Red Lip Glass (if ya know what I mean). I like to add either Cocoa or Ruby Sugar Shimmer Lip Gloss depending upon which shade I want to bring out at any given time. Great lasting power! But, like all BB lipsticks, it has a rather eewy stale smell to it. So worth the money though!