Clarins Hydra-Matte

3.3

on 3/9/2015 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really love this moisturiser and most certainly intend to repurchase this. The texture of this is lovely, it just melts into the skin and a little goes a very long way. It mattifies the skin without drying out, in fact it moisturises perfectly and doesn't leave my skin slick and gross. My only bug bear with it is the packaging, it feels as though it would smash if dropped though the heavy glass feels weighty and luxurious, plus you cannot see how much you have left. In clear and less fragile packaging, it would be a total winner!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I always return to this moisturizer by Clarins. For me its ideal. Except when the swedish winter dry out my skin the most, because then this moisturizer isnt enough. The thing I really like with this product is that it feels so natural. You can almost smell the plants which are said to be used in Clarins products. The only other brand I have had that experience from is Yves Rocher and Weleda. Clarins Hydra Matte moisturizer doesnt feel matte on your skin. Your skin just feels moisturized and doesnt shine. (I must say I dislike all these kind of products that promise to make your skin matte and the result is they make your skin feel like you canīt move it!) Clarins Hydra Matte isnīt like that at all! My skin is sensitive and Acne prone and often breakouts from moisturizers or foundations. But this product works well on my skin and I have never had any breakouts from it. I can really recommend this!

on 2/22/2014 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I really like this foundation, because it keeps the shine down on my T-zone for a lot longer than many other moisturizers I've tried. It's kind of pricey for me personally but the fact that you don't really need much means it lasts long and makes it worth it. I have sensitive skin and usually break out very easy when I try new products, but not with this one. I've used it for almost a month now (along with other skincare products from clarins) and my skin has never been better. I absolutely love this product and I definitely will be purchasing it again.

I just wish that you could se how much product you have left, the packaging isn't see through.

on 1/31/2014 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This moisturiser was a daily staple for a number of years after trying out a number of other mattifying moisturisers for my combination skin.

I liked the quick-absorbing formula and the velvety finish on my skin (from the oil absorbing micro powders). It's not an all-day shine free solution on its own, but it did have the right balance to keep my face generally hydrated.

At the moment I'm just using the Clarins pore minimising serum in lieu of a day moisturiser, but will probably buy another bottle of this Hydra-Matte after the serum runs out.

on 1/28/2014 11:46:00 AM

I do a lot of chopping and changing moisturisers and regularly come back to Clarins hydra matte. It is light, the smell is fresh and airy and it glides on ultra smooth. Really does control oil build up. At 50ml for around 28euro, I have to say that IMO that is pretty good value. For other 50ml upmarket brands you can pay a lot more, so I find this isn't very expensive. I purchase this a lot during the summer as it is light and with the hot weather it really does keep pesky oil at bay. Would recommend if you're in the market for something to help oily skin yet don't want to splash out too much. Go for it!

on 8/29/2013 4:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I struggle with oily skin every day, and I bought this with the hopes of help to controll the access oil I get during the day. This moisturizer has a fresh scent, glides on perfectly,but does nothing to control oil. When I hav applied it my skin feels nice and non-sticky, but during the day I get shiny as heck! I had high hopes for this product since I like Clarins generally, but unfortunately the purpose for this creme is lost. If you don't have oily skin I guess you will be more pleased than I am. I will most likely not repurchase this.

on 7/12/2013 6:19:00 PM

This is always be the best moisture product in the summer season. I can't remember how many bottles I've been used but its always my best. I have a combination skin, in the summer season my t zone could be very oily. By applying this moisture, I feel my face much cooler and less greasy. But in the winter season, it doesn't have much moisture effect. So I would recommend that use only during the summer if u have a combination skin ;)

on 6/30/2013 5:55:00 AM

I have used the hydra-matte lotion for about 2.5 years now! I LOVE it! It has a great light-weight feel and you only need a tiny bit for your entire face (I use 2 pumps). I never feel like I'm wearing a moisturiser as it doesn't feel greasy or thick like other moisturisers. I wear it day and night and I have never have problems with dry skin -my skin is combination. The packaging is awkward and you have to be sure not to drop it as the bottle seems fragile (I havn't ever had a breakage though). I would recommend this product to anyone who is struggling to find a good moisturiser!!

on 6/25/2013 4:50:00 PM

I thought this might be a nice product for my dry/combination skin that's prone to breakouts.
I need something moisturizing throughout the day under my liquid foundation so that my cheeks don't dry up completely, yet I also have to make sure the moisturizer doesn't break me out. I was hoping this would work since it's for combination skin. I really liked how it doesn't smell too strong and how it doesn't break me out at all. However, it feels like a serum rather than a moisturizer. It didn't hydrate me at all. My skin would absorb the product in a few minutes and my Clarins foundation would dry my skin very quickly.
It's nice as a moisturizer on its own, however. It doesn't break me out and gets absorbed nicely by the skin.

on 9/15/2012 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I use this product along with Gentle Foaming Cleanser with Tamarind and the Toning Lotion with Iris.

It has lovely smell and easy to apply because the consistency is quite runny so it's easy to smooth over the face. It however, does not feel very moisturizing, but keeps me oil-free for a good few hours. I would have bought it again if the price was lower, but at this price I expect something more.

My biggest complaint against this product is the packaging. It's the worst packaging I've ever seen. The pump is too stiff, and if you press hard then suddenly it just spits out the moisturizer all over! The cap is so loose that once I picked it up and the cap got detached and the bottle fell, thank goodness it did not break and now I have to be really careful when picking the bottle up. The bottle is also unnecessarily heavy. I expect Clarins to do much better than this when it comes to packaging.

Popular Moisturizers