Clarins Hydra-Matte

3.3

i have oily skin in the Tzone and it also gets dry and flaky ....it drives me absolutely mad. i bought the product from sephora because some sales lady recommended it. when i first applied it i relly liked the light texture but duuude was i wrong. this is not worth the money at all. it doesn t get absorbed into the oily areas of my skin and it becomes an oily mess. it's not hydrating enough. it's useless!!! i should ve bought clinique as i initially wanted.

This is perfect for those with combination / oily skin. I went through easily 5 bottles of this product when my skin went through a bout of breakouts + oil-producing overdrive. It is light, goes on smoothly with a fresh scent (not too overwhelming, fret not) and does help with oil control. I wore this while in high school and it really kept the oilies under control. Of course, I'll still end up looking like an oil slick by the end of the day but it did help keep my skin looking fresh and relatively matte longer than other oil-free moisturisers such as the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Gel or even Biotherm's Aqua Source. An old Favourite i'd recommend to anyone struggling with oily skin!

This product caused my skin to break out in small bumps all over my temples and cheeks. It didn't really make a difference with regards to oil control either. I wouldn't buy this product again as I think clarins is designed for more mature women. Overall not a great product. I have gone back to Environ skincare.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Used this a while ago, doesn't really control the oil on my face. This moisturizer feels sticky and filmy. Will not recommend nor repurchase, despite that I am a big Clarins fan.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really love this moisturiser and most certainly intend to repurchase this. The texture of this is lovely, it just melts into the skin and a little goes a very long way. It mattifies the skin without drying out, in fact it moisturises perfectly and doesn't leave my skin slick and gross. My only bug bear with it is the packaging, it feels as though it would smash if dropped though the heavy glass feels weighty and luxurious, plus you cannot see how much you have left. In clear and less fragile packaging, it would be a total winner!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I always return to this moisturizer by Clarins. For me its ideal. Except when the swedish winter dry out my skin the most, because then this moisturizer isnt enough. The thing I really like with this product is that it feels so natural. You can almost smell the plants which are said to be used in Clarins products. The only other brand I have had that experience from is Yves Rocher and Weleda. Clarins Hydra Matte moisturizer doesnt feel matte on your skin. Your skin just feels moisturized and doesnt shine. (I must say I dislike all these kind of products that promise to make your skin matte and the result is they make your skin feel like you canīt move it!) Clarins Hydra Matte isnīt like that at all! My skin is sensitive and Acne prone and often breakouts from moisturizers or foundations. But this product works well on my skin and I have never had any breakouts from it. I can really recommend this!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I really like this foundation, because it keeps the shine down on my T-zone for a lot longer than many other moisturizers I've tried. It's kind of pricey for me personally but the fact that you don't really need much means it lasts long and makes it worth it. I have sensitive skin and usually break out very easy when I try new products, but not with this one. I've used it for almost a month now (along with other skincare products from clarins) and my skin has never been better. I absolutely love this product and I definitely will be purchasing it again.

I just wish that you could se how much product you have left, the packaging isn't see through.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This moisturiser was a daily staple for a number of years after trying out a number of other mattifying moisturisers for my combination skin.

I liked the quick-absorbing formula and the velvety finish on my skin (from the oil absorbing micro powders). It's not an all-day shine free solution on its own, but it did have the right balance to keep my face generally hydrated.

At the moment I'm just using the Clarins pore minimising serum in lieu of a day moisturiser, but will probably buy another bottle of this Hydra-Matte after the serum runs out.

I do a lot of chopping and changing moisturisers and regularly come back to Clarins hydra matte. It is light, the smell is fresh and airy and it glides on ultra smooth. Really does control oil build up. At 50ml for around 28euro, I have to say that IMO that is pretty good value. For other 50ml upmarket brands you can pay a lot more, so I find this isn't very expensive. I purchase this a lot during the summer as it is light and with the hot weather it really does keep pesky oil at bay. Would recommend if you're in the market for something to help oily skin yet don't want to splash out too much. Go for it!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I struggle with oily skin every day, and I bought this with the hopes of help to controll the access oil I get during the day. This moisturizer has a fresh scent, glides on perfectly,but does nothing to control oil. When I hav applied it my skin feels nice and non-sticky, but during the day I get shiny as heck! I had high hopes for this product since I like Clarins generally, but unfortunately the purpose for this creme is lost. If you don't have oily skin I guess you will be more pleased than I am. I will most likely not repurchase this.