October 2, 2014 | 1855 users online

Styling Products - Clairol - 3-in-1 Mousse

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2014 3:42:00 PM More reviews by laumar27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is simply awful. Where do all of the glowing reviews come from?? I heard about this online and searched for it everywhere, until I finally found it on the very bottom shelf at a CVS. I alternate between straight and curly hair, and needed something to make my (natural) curls a bit more defined and polished when I let my hair air dry. One application of this on damp hair left my hair looking frazzled, dry and crunchy!!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/26/2012 4:37:00 PM More reviews by RoseJade

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I hate to rain on the parade but this didn't work for my hair. I got this after the rave reviews about 7 or 8 months back and I tried it out once and returned it. I enjoy a mouse by pantene any day over this. This made my hair oily, sticky, crunchy, and the list goes on.. and this didn't add any volume, shine, protection, in other words nothing it said :( I remember thinking I was really onto something great but it turned out to be a major let down.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2012 2:05:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I didn't realize this was a Clairol Mousse until I checked the Walgreens website. I bought mine at that store for $1.50. The mousse has it written on the back stating "...Protection for beautiful styles without dulling, flaking or stickiness." Which is exactly what I was looking for. I wanted a product that'd hold my hair in a pony tail, for work, while not being flaky or sticky. This is it. Either shower and apply this or wet hair and apply (it says you can do it with dry hair but I haven't yet). Once it's in and my hair is dried, it doesn't feel like anything is in my hair. Yet it stays in place and doesn't move much. I can't say enough things about this but with it being so cheap, I'll continue to pick this up until Clairol discontinues it (hopefully not).

4/14/14 edit: I have since stopped using this. It did condition my hair but a bit too much for a mousse. After a while I noticed it didn't really have much old either.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2010 4:28:00 PM More reviews by OhsnappitsEm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Awesome mousse! I never was really that much into using mousses but randomly I decided to try one and im glade I did. I have the mouisturizing one and it works fantastic for my frizzy prone slightly wavy hair. My hair always feels softer when I use this and really does add moisture to my hair. I also love that it has sunscreen in it and does not contain drying alcohol. Never cruncy and makes really pretty waves in dry hair as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2009 9:54:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Made my curls really springy and shiny and gave me the perfect hold I needed. It has added sunscreen filters to preserve color and protect from the sun. I have highlights, so it is important that my styling products perform well and this is one of them. It is not too expensive either. As a mousse fanatic, this is one of my favorites.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2009 1:05:00 PM More reviews by Xuxa13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been looking on for a great mousse on the DL because something about putting mousse in your hair seems passe in a Flock of Seagulls way, but - I was determined to find something to tame and define my fine yet thick, wavy hair and sprays, leave-in serums, etc. just weren't cutting it. I tried L'Oreal "Springing Curls" or whatever (crap IMO) and was almost completely discouraged by the whole endeavor until I read the great reviews on Clairol 3-in-1. So I tried it as a last ditch mousse effort and I LOVE. The can looks a little dated, but who cares. It's cheap, smells OK and doesn't turn my hair into a crunchy mess. I put a golf ball-sized squirt into my palm, raked through damp hair, combed- and now I have defined, un-crispy waves.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2009 9:51:00 AM More reviews by Nancygia

I've been told this has been around for years and I applaud Clairol for sticking with somethihg that really works. I was concerned about the extra hold aspect because that usually translates to "makes your hair like straw." However, on my hair, it really just means it holds the style really well. (Though I wouldn't wait too long between application and blow dry, hust in case). The scent is nice and fresh too. I think I got it for $3.00, and it is far superior to the $35.00 mousse I have from a "salon only" brand.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2007 9:03:00 AM More reviews by Product_Junkie

Rave!! Love this mousse! I used it some years back(the moisturizing/conditioning formula) and it was fabulous. Then it became really hard to find here in Canada, as I purchased it at small pharmacies which sold products which were discontinued at the regular drugstores, like Shoppers, etc. Unfortunately, I could not find it anywhere so I started using Jhirmack alcohol-free conditioning mousse, which also worked like a dream(it was also ridiculously cheap), then it was d/c'd. Then I came across Zero Frizz's Corrective styling mousse which also gave fabulous results. The latter has been discontinued and as for the former ones,I tried to search for Clairol's 3-in-1 mousse online that ships to Canada, but to no avail:( Jhirmack has disappeared altogether(I loved their hair products-they worked so well and smelled sooo good!) I really loved Clairol condition-it made my curly hair soft and bouncy minus the crunchiness and stickiness, conditioned and it protected my haircolor from fading while in the sun due to its built in sunscreen. It also smelled awesome! In my experience, these were the best mousses for my hair. Its a shame though that they are d/c'd.**UPDATE**: I am glad that Condition 3-in-1 moisturizing mousse is available online!! I love this stuff-it is simply the best ever!! IMO, nothing compares to this mousse-it is perfect for my color-treated, curly hair. I just don't understand why this mousse, along with the "extra hold" and "maximum hold" are not on drugstore shelves? I mean these mousses are truly fantastic and have been around forever! The new Clairol mousses from Herbal essences do not compare in the least to these mousses! I am happy that condition 3-in-1 are still in existence in cyberspace:)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2005 8:41:00 PM More reviews by KaiteKins

This is cheap,($3.00 USD), it doesn't flake, and it holds and works well. I have straight hair and this gives it some volume and lets me style with ease. To avoid the "crunch" in the hair you must use this on wet or damp hair and then blow dry, although I guess you could let your hair air dry too I guess. Oh well, this is good and cheap- what more do you want?

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2004 9:20:00 AM More reviews by MyDogSophie

I have been using this off and on since Junior High which was about 18 years ago. I always go back for it. Im almost 32. I love the smell and I hear the curly haired girls on this review like it but I have stick straight hair and it works for me too. It gives me control and volume and doesn't wear my thin baby fine hair down either.