September 19, 2014 | 1663 users online

Sunscreen - Philosophy - Shelter, sunblock SPF15

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2011 11:32:00 PM More reviews by MSFIT75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I did not like this sunscreen, made me very oily.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2010 6:02:00 PM More reviews by ravenavery

I looked for this under Tinted Moisturizer, which is what I thought it was when I bought it. MUA's classification as Moisturizer is more accurate -- there's really no color or coverage here, even though the product certainly looks opaque.

I used this all day, every day on a vacation in Cabo, and I use it sporadically when I'm out in the sun. After using it by itself every day on vacation, I came home and discovered my skin looked awful! Could have been dehydration, sun damage sneaking past the SPF, or some other vacation-related issue, but I certainly did not continue using this alone regularly.

I've since used this both over and under concealer or foundation, replying on Shelter just for its SPF (not for moisture or coverage). My normal sun-induced freckles haven't appeared, so I assume the SPF works!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2006 4:13:00 AM More reviews by ewiggs26

A little filmy and greasy on my skin. Works fine as a sunscreen, but I wouldn't use it as an every day moisturizer. I won't buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2006 5:19:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I liked this a lot before I started using When Hope Is Not Enough SPF. It's pretty light and blends easily. Unfortunately, the SPF isn't as high as I like, and it's just more convenient to have a sunscreen included in my moisturizer. Good for those intolerant to other kinds of sunscreen though!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2006 2:48:00 PM More reviews by Krisbee1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is very light and doesn't make my skin feel greasy like most sunscreens. I wear it every day under makeup.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2005 6:19:00 PM More reviews by lisabell10

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Well, so far I've had a great experience w/this product! Since it's summertime in TX and super-hot, I use this in the a.m. in place of my normal moisturizer -- and I have been shocked to find out that my face stays more matte all day with this than with my other stuff!! I have not found it to be shiny, greasy, or heavy, as others have said. Maybe it's just THAT HOT in Tx that it evaporates instantly? ;) Anyway, I've been using it for about a week, but i'll update if anything changes. I'm very happy so far!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2004 3:40:00 PM More reviews by etheralprey

Greasy, sat on my face, it didn't do much but make me feel like there was a film on my face. Not sure if there really was SPF in it or not, but not for me, and definately not repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2003 4:14:00 AM More reviews by BEVERLYS

PRICE: US$16.00

This is pretty cheap, which is good. Quality wise, I really liked the thin texture - a lot of sunscreens are hard to rub in and take awhile to absorb, but this one sank in quickly and wasn't greasy. It's advertized as having a "matte finish" which I think is bull because the finish is just like after you apply a moisturizer, and not particularly matte at all. However, because of it's thin texture, it makes me feel like it isn't giving me enough sun protection when I'm out in the sun.. especially since it's only SPF15. But on the whole, it's a nice sunscreen that has a light moisturizer effect and texture.

continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 5/21/2003 12:19:00 AM More reviews by Cipal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This sunscreen made my face oily.It really didn't protect me from the sun. The smell was ok, but It wasn't what I was looking for.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2003 5:02:00 PM More reviews by cubanaqt

I still haven't found that wonder SPF lotion! The Philosophy website says that this SPF lotion is for those who are sensitive to most SPFs. It is a light lotion that absorbs well and doesn't leave a white residue on darker complexions like lotions with titanium dioxide do. However, I was very disappointed when this lotion made me break out. I don't recommend this product for combo/oily to acne-prone skin. The packaging is nice, but the letters begin to rub off after some time.