Kanebo Cleanser (creamy, non-foaming)

on 4/20/2005 7:35:00 PM

This Kanebo cleanser is my favorite cleanser find, and I have tried an extensive array of cleansers -- from foaming to creamy/non-foaming to deep-cleansing balms. It has single-handedly bumped off my up until now staple non-foaming cleanser -- Ellen Lange Daily Maintenance Cleanser. I have used up at least 4 tubes of Ellen Lange and found it so nice for my normal skin, but because I use a nice helping of cleanser, especially at night (using cleanser generously is my secret to clear, balanced skin), it became a secret wish of mine to find something similar to Ellen Lange, but cheaper. This cleanser not only fulfills this wish with its gel-cream texture and non-foaming quality, it provides the added bonus of helping to refine my skin [which Ellen Lange's does not do]. My skin has become even softer and smoother since incorporating this cleanser into my regimen. The downside is that it's very hard to find.

Addendum: I miss this cleanser. I'm back to using Ellen Lange in the morning and I can't help but notice that my skin looked more refined when I was strictly using the Kanebo. My skin's fine with EL -- balanced, normal, etc. But the Kanebo took it a step further. Plus, it is only $6 per tube (not a small point when it comes to something as quickly used up as cleanser). continued >>

on 4/21/2004 12:57:00 AM

I am using Naive Milk Cream Cleanser. Like the reviewer said, this is the best and the cheapest i have ever come across. Actually, it is very similar to the UV white cleaser ( which is like 20 dollars + a tube ) this one is a fraction of the price. It does not dry me out ( i am on accutane ) and gives me a nice glow after i wash it off. It foams up THICKLY like cream. With water, it can easily be washed off. I usually look pink after washing my face but this one is definitely keeping my face normal. I highly recommend this.

on 12/23/2002 6:25:00 PM