April 16, 2014 | 2020 users online

Fragrances - Calvin Klein - Eternity for Women

rated 1 of 5 on 2/5/2014 5:54:00 PM More reviews by McSwimmer

Not my kind of scent. Much too peppery. This is strong and very unappealing to me. After I sprayed this on at the store, the sales lady that was helping me said she was getting a headache from it. It didn't do that to me, but the sales lady handed me a wet wipe and asked me to wipe it off. How funny that a sales person can't even stand one of her perfumes!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2014 9:50:00 PM More reviews by Olfactoria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Back in the early '90s, I got an Eternity set as a gift and almost never used the stuff. Its intense, soapy sharpness overwhelmed me (and others around me). I could occasionally catch a whiff of some ethereal, delicate roses and lilies in the background, but overall the stuff struck me as Deodorant Tampon Meets Cleaning Solvent. A tiiiiny drop-- never mind a full spritz-- was more than enough.

I've kept my original small bottles of parfum and EDP, and recently picked up a $10 EDP mini at Walgreens just for yuks and to compare the two. The EDP mini is very cheaply packaged compared to the originals, and the scent inside is notably diluted. You can actually apply 2-3 sprays of the stuff without killing nearby insect life. I'd like to say that it's an improvement for that reason... but while it retains *some* of Eternity's tangy freesia signature, it ends up going a bit generic and body-spray-ish in the end. Some may like it for that very reason. Me, I'm a stickler for preserving classics, even ones I've never enjoyed!

And darnit if I don't find myself suddenly liking the vintage product. And wearing it! A full spritz! Maybe it just works better on my chemistry than it used to, but Eternity is lovely, complex, and damn feminine stuff when worn judiciously. I still can't manage it very often, but if I'm gonna wear Eternity, I'm gonna wear the original stuff in all its heft and sharpness.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2014 10:58:00 PM More reviews by kcam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Obsessed with this perfume! A very delicate yet long lasting scent. Bought 2 bottles of it.!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2013 2:39:00 AM More reviews by honeybrown1976

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's one of my favorites. Great packaging, a nice clean, light scent, and a great price, particularly when bought as a set (along with scented lotion and a mini travel bottle). I recommend this product highly, and it's in my rotation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2013 10:36:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

I love the way Eternity smells on two of my female friends, so I thought I would invest in a small bottle for myself. Even though I think it smells better on my friends, I actually find this to be a pleasant fragrance- as long as I don't over apply it! It does have a clean, floral, powdery scent that reminds me a little bit of Estee Lauder's White Linen. Not exactly the same as White Linen, but I would say it's in the same family. On me, I prefer the latter over Eternity... but I still think Eternity is a pretty, feminine, fragrance that I might repurchase it if I ever use up my little bottle.

EDIT 10-20-13: Actually, the more I wear this, the more I like it. I love the smell of it on my clothes after I have worn them with this fragrance on my skin. But I'm thinking this reminds me of a fragrance called "Windsong" that was from the 50's, I believe.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2013 5:02:00 AM More reviews by ShellyMum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Green

Top Notes: Freesia, Mandarin, Sage. Mid Notes: Lily of the Valley, White Lily, Marigold, Narcisse. Base Notes: Sandalwood, Patchouli, Amber
I tried this back when it first came out in 1988 and thought it was "just OK" and never purchased a bottle. Fast forward to now and I picked up a tester recently and sprayed some on my wrist. I was hooked. I can't believe I have missed out on this scent for all these years LOL. I love it!!! I bought a full size bottle and have not regretted it one single bit. This is a clean, soapy, floral that I think can be worn any time, any place, without offending anybody. It has quite good projection and longevity. I haven't had an HG for many years, but I dare say, this could be it. It just really suits my fragrance taste at the moment. I will continue to wear Eternity for who knows how long.... perhaps an Eternity!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2013 9:04:00 PM More reviews by sherrier

Many years ago I tried this and did not like it. Today I decided to give it another try. All these years later and I love it! I am not sure if my chemistry changed or if as I get older, my tastes have changed. It is a very soft, clean floral that is warmer than most florals. I normally don't buy florals but this one works on me now. I can see where you would have to be very careful about how much you apply, you want to go lightly with this one. If you are into all of the sweet, fruity florals that populate the market, then don't try this one. Also, I love the sleek, elegant bottle. I understand now why this has become a classic.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2013 9:02:00 PM More reviews by cadej1998

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

If ever there was a fragrance that defined an end to an era and the beginning of a new one, Calvin Klein's Eternity Pour Femme is that fragrance. When I smell this perfume now in 2013, I am instantly transported back to late summer 1988 when Cheap Trick's "Lap Of Luxury" album had just come out and many of us were rocking out to the hugely popular power ballad, "The Flame". I connect all of my fragrance memories to music, as I find fragrance and music to be the most powerful to bring back a memory.

Eternity is all about the heavy freesia, carnation, rose, cedar and sandalwood. It goes in that order on my skin. As strong as this starts out, is mellows to a soft sandalwood base with a little freesia hanging around. I have always loved this perfume, have an aunt who has worn it since its introduction in '88, so it's one of those comfort fragrances for me, so to speak.

Eternity turns 25 this summer, and has rightly earned its *Classic* ribbon. Klein released it worldwide in August 1988, and it took to a huge fan base, its popularity lasting all throughout the 1990's. For many of us, it will always be a walk down old memory's lane. I know many dislike it for whatever their reasons, and yes, it may be one that has been exposed to over advertisements and heavy handed wearers, but with all the fame thrown out the window and with just 2-3 sprays, you have a really nice green floral that is sure to bring you compliments. This is one perfume that always turns my head when someone walks past me wearing it. It's rarely worn anymore, so in an age of overly sweet stuff, you'll stand out in a good way wearing Eternity.

Also, I have along with the current edp, the vintage Cologne Spray, back when it was still under Calvin Klein, and with so many reformulations that have sadly taken place in the last few years, Eternity is one fragrance that has remained unchanged.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2013 12:31:00 PM More reviews by candyfluff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I kinda love this stuff. Upon first application this perfume is a chemical mess, the dry down however is worth it. To my nose, this is the most feminine smelling perfumes I have encountered. I find its fresh floraly sweetness comforting and somehow familiar. There is an ease about it, an ethereal quality and if you apply just a tad so it clings close to the skin it can be quite sexy.
I will agree with other reviewers that it is super strong and can easily transform a person into a stinky, nauseatingly sweet obnoxious cloud of rank if over-applied, and over-application is far too easy. I use half a squirt and it lasts the day. Any more and this perfume turns from pleasant to headache-inducing for both the wearer and those around her.
I am giving this four lippies as I wish the scent was more subtle and thus less finicky to work with and the packaging is nothing to write home about.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2013 12:28:00 AM More reviews by ncabado

I just fell in love with it, it suits me!