November 23, 2014 | 1069 users online

Shampoo - Dove - Shampoo for Coloured Hair

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2014 6:46:00 PM More reviews by lulubai5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've always liked all the Dove line of shampoos and conditioners. This one did not disappoint. Smells great, soft hair that you can get a brush through and no residue.
I'd buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2013 3:44:00 AM More reviews by AutumnDiamond

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My HG shampoo/conditioner. I have naturally thick wavy hair that will ALWAYS go greasy within 8 hours with every other shampoo brand I've tried. It's horrible how insanely fast it will oil up. Not only that, but I would have to switch brands every 2 days or so otherwise it would dry my hair out significantly and feel like straw.

I first bought Dove because... it was pretty. The pink and white bottle was just staring at me at the supermarket and I thought it would match the bathroom -_- So glad I bought it! I can use this 5 or 6 times a week (yes I know you're not meant to wash that often but I'm a greaseball otherwise) and my hair will stay oil free for a day and a half which may not sound like much... but you really don't get how quickly my hair will turn against me :(

I also want to review the new "express treatment" conditioner which looks similar to and is sold alongside the regular colour conditioner and I LOVE IT. In the last 10 days I have stripped my black dye out twice, then had a full bleach and then base colour AND bleached full head highlights put in (Ha! Take that hair! See how you like being hated!) so of course my hair is dried out. However this conditioner is AMAZING especially for its $10NZD. It hasn't made my hair as good as new - nothing will after the crap I've put it through in just 10 days - but I haven't had any extra hair loss or even breakage! And that's including straightening it at around 190 degrees celsius. BUY THE NEW EXPRESS TREATMENT is what I'm saying.

My only gripe would be the smell... it smells like, uh, shampoo. Generic shampoo. I know this sounds ridiculous. I just prefer genuinely fruity smelling things, a bit like the Garnier Fruictis range... shame they're terrible :(

I'm not sure how it is for maintaining colour, I had no fade at all when I had black dye (Nice n Easy) but the reviews for that dye state thats normal. When I had dyed red hair it faded in a few weeks which is normal for red dyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2009 7:27:00 PM More reviews by CODYKERI

LOVE SMELL AND HAIR FEELS GOOD AFTERWARDS

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2009 7:42:00 PM More reviews by angelixia07

I think this is one of the better drugstore shampoos I've used. The texture is thick and very moisturizing but there are still better ones similarily priced like the Aussie Deep 3 Minute Miracle or the Neutrogena Triple Moisture conditioner.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2007 11:51:00 PM More reviews by acarthur

I think this is a great product for the price, though I do prefer the Dove Moisturing shampoo better for my dry hair. Dove shampoos and conditioners have one of the nicest smelling ranges I have come across and I love the way the shampoo really lathers up.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2007 9:58:00 PM More reviews by hayeda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This review is for the product sold in Turkey.-------------- I used to have normal hair but after bleaching and coloring, I managed to dry my hair out. Most shampoos make my hair stiff. The only way I can deal with that is to use some conditioner. But not with Dove. This stuff makes my colored hair very soft. I can wash my hair and without even any conditioner my hair does not feel rough and stiff -it feels just normal, like it used to feel before all that bleaching and conditioning. (Of course using some conditioner makes it even softer.) So these guys are correct when they say their shampoo does not rip your hair of its essential moisture. Plus, I really love the classic smell of Dove. And it lathers up very well -which is a must for me because I feel as if my hair is not cleaned well when I don't have enough lather. I read somewhere that it is not really so, but I can't help it. I've got to get lather. Period.

continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2006 5:54:00 AM More reviews by playgiirl12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

EWWW! gave me dandruff! IVE NEVER HAD DANDRUFF IN MY LIFE!!! im so angry at dove! i used to love dove.. not anymore thats for sure. now i have to invest in somthing for danruff and colored hair. not happy.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2006 5:44:00 AM More reviews by lipglossjunkie333

A pretty good shampoo. It left my hair soft and smooth, and without weighing it down. It had a nice scent too but it doesn't last very long. I don't know if it does anything for the color, because I didn't color my hair when I was using this shampoo. Only gripe about this shampoo is that it doesnt create a rich lather. Might purchase again, if it's on sale.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2006 1:18:00 PM More reviews by hmurphy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't have colored hair, but I bought this on the assumption that it would be more gentle, because it's presumably designed not to strip dye. It's exactly what I hoped it would be--a gentle shampoo that also cleans thoroughly (I use hairspray on the roots of my hair). I previously used the Dove Beautifully Clean shampoo for normal hair, but I think this is better for my hair. I wash my hair every other day, and this keeps it looking good in between shampoos without making it greasy or dry on the ends. I stopped using my Biolage volumizing shampoo after I got this, because I like the Dove shampoo better. The new Dove packaging, however, has a flip top that is a little more difficult to flip than on the previous packaging. That's about the only drawback.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2006 3:20:00 PM More reviews by bunnybunnybunny

I've always really liked Dove soap but I was disappointed with the shampoo.