August 23, 2014 | 1117 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Paula's Choice - Gentle Touch Makeup Remover

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2014 9:36:00 AM More reviews by Eire1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I HAD THE SAMPLE
I found that this can remove a lot of makeup yet for really heavy makeup like waterproof mascara a little more strength is needed. I recommend trying to use this then washing your face. If you wear very little eye makeup, or want something truly gentle though than this is perfect for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2014 9:12:00 AM More reviews by liamtreats

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have dry sensitive skin prone to eczema. This makeup remover has been gentle and effective.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2013 11:19:00 PM More reviews by katwalker

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't have much to compare this to as I believe the only other make up removers I've ever used in my life were Pond's cold cream (bought for me when I first started wearing make up as a teenager) and a liquid L'Oreal eye make up remover. The former removed EVERYTHING but was horribly greasy and difficult to use, while the latter was irritating and drying (I believe it contained alcohol). Thus, for years I just washed my make up off with whatever cleanser I used to was my face, and since I don't wear waterproof eye make up, I didn't gave any problems with this method. Well, on a whim, I decided to try PC's make up remover. I use it to remove my mascara and, if I've worn sunscreen that day, I also swipe the pad over my face to help take that off. I find this product to be lightly oily, as it should be to break up make up, but not so oily that one will have difficulty washing off the product afterwards (as one would find with cold cream). It also did not irritate my eyes. Yes, if I got too much in my eyes, it would cloud my vision momentarily, but that's due to it's oily consistency, not because it's a bad product. I find my lashes to be soft after I have washed with cleanser, so it is getting the mascara off but not damaging the lashes in the process. I feel it is a good product, though a bit overpriced (it currently sells for $14.00 plus S&H, though you can often find specials of 10-25% off and/or free shipping).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2013 9:59:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

This lives up to its name and is very gentle yet removes my waterproof eye makeup easily. I don't get any stinging if it gets into my eyes, and it doesn't leave much residue (unlike an eye makeup remover I bought from Walgreens which not only stung but left a greasy film around my eyes.) I do have to use a lot of this product so I get through about a bottle a month. The price of this product isn't too bad also, but only being able to order online is a pain. But Paula's website does offer a lot of sales so you can pick this up even cheaper if you wait for the right promotion. I would buy again but next time I would wait until I can get a couple of bottles at a cheaper price so I am not ordering every month.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2013 2:18:00 PM More reviews by Walko

This great at getting everything off the eyes. I don't wear waterproof mascara but I do wear a lot of ordinary mascara.It can be used for the whole face if you wanted too.For a bi- phase this is not at all greasy.I find it very gentle, not at all drying and it dosen't sting.This is fragrance free, I wouldn't dream of removing my eye make up with a perfumed product.The ingredients in some eye make up removers make me cringe, but this is the way an eye make up remover should be.It's pricey for us here in the UK, we pay a lot more than in the US ,but I don't mind paying for a quality product that works and this sure doesThis is going to be my eye make up remover from now on.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/31/2013 3:38:00 PM More reviews by BeFineFilipina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I think the world of her toners, especially the Resist line of skin care. However, anything ordered other than skin care has been nothing but disappointment after disappointment. I was using the Nuance eye makeup remover before I got this, and I think they're both on the same level of effectiveness. I definately enjoyed the Nuance one more though because it had a pleasant smell to it, and this one isn't fragranced at all (which was formulated like that on purpose for those sensitive to it). There has got to be better eye makeup removers out there that don't sting but will still remove every drop of eyeliner and mascara! One day I'll find a good eye makeup remover out there where one swipe will take it all off and I won't wake up with a traces of raccoon eyes dusted on my lower lids!!! The search continues...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 11:25:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Does not bother my eyes. Removes my waterproof mascara better than anything else I've tried. (Well, I've had some that work almost as well, but they burn the hell out of my eyes or leave an oily film.) I love using this to remove my foundation before cleansing. Doesn't bother my very sensitive skin. No artificial fragrance to bother my sensitive skin. No animal testing

CONS: The only thing I'd like to see different is a lid that is designed more like Paula's cleanser lids are designed, where you can open it with one hand. But unscrewing a lid is not the worst chore in the world. Wish it came in a bigger bottle, so I could save more when buying.

USAGE TIPS: I like to shake this onto my hand, put it on my face that way, and then remove with tissue before cleansing. That way, I save $ by using less product. I sometimes also put the cleanser on my face, add a bit of this to my face at that point and rub it around. I then rinse and then just use my cleanser once. BE SURE to shake before using each time.

ALTERNATES: I also like Almay's NONoily, NONwaterproof version of eye makeup remover, but it doesn't remove waterproof this well and it doesn't remove my foundation so gently like this.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2013 8:40:00 AM More reviews by cloz90

Love this makeup remover for removing long wear foundation! It's non-irritating and leaves my skin feeling nourished. I haven't tried it on eye makeup because I use makeup removing wipes for that but I love it for the rest of my face. It removes everything without a trace! Highly recommend

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2013 2:16:00 PM More reviews by goofyhusky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this remover, but not well enough to repurchase. It leaves my skin very soft and smooth, but it blurs my vision and it takes quite some effort to remove even non-waterproof mascara. Kanebo's Freeplus Beauty Oil Cleanser does a better job.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2012 10:48:00 PM More reviews by SavvyChic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorites the other being Mary Kay's & Lancomes. If I need remover and there is no shipping offers (because it makes it that much more expensive) I turn to Neutragena, however they do animal testing and don't want to do that again. Compared to that, this removes makeup better and has glycerin which I didn't see on the other ingredient list. I notice my lids look less dry after using Paula's. I also like there is a barrier with a hole so the whole spout isn't open to knock over when my eyes are closed feeling around for my cleanser bottle as well! The only complaint I have is now she put on a stupd comment with her signature about "want no puffy lids, don't sleep with your makeup on" or something like that. I think that is dumbing down people a bit especially those who bought it to do the opposite of, but otherwise good product.