Dove Unscented Body Wash

3.9

on 8/3/2014 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

We use the unscented bar for my young daughter and it is the only soap she can use not even baby soap is gentle enough.
We tried this to see if it would last longer than the bar but it was terrible. The smell was so gross I cannot even describe it. Does not make you feel very clean with a scent like this. Yuck.
Overall terrible product

on 10/8/2005 4:24:00 PM

I don't know why everyone always seems to rave about Dove. Ive tried a few of their body washes and was dissappointed every time. The scented versions were way to chemically and gave me headaches. I attempted to find something more mild and bought the unscented version which was NOT unscented... I actually found the scent more nauseating than the origional. Aside from the fragrance, I don't think it does a very good job as an actual body wash either. It leaves a film on my skin... not a good moisturizing film but a heavy gross kind of film. I didn't feel clean or moisturized after giving this several tries so I finally gave up on it and moved on to trying other products. For the same money, there are alot of other body washes out there that are alot better.

on 5/10/2004 11:00:00 PM

I don't like the scent of the regular dove bodywash. I wish it smelled like the bar soap. Anyways, this does have a scent, it's very light and soft. Leaves me soft, and it's inexpensive.

on 4/4/2004 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

i'm so sad this product has received such negative reviews.
i'm hoping they never get rid of this product - i'll just dry up and die! i've got super duper dry skin & nothing else compares especially in winter. IMO it's a: 1) pefect BODYWASH for ALL OVER - i love the fact that it's as unscented as you can get - it's also way more moisturizing than the deep moisture version. 2) perfect SHAVING LOTION - hubs even uses this on his face! i've been astounded by how happy we've been with this. i've tried other bodywashes against this too & they've all paled in comparison. i've tried: FA, Johnson's, Keri, Olay and Life Brand to name a few & all could not compare & couldn't wait to dump em/finish it off & return to beloved Dove. Hope Dove never ever changes this. LOVE IT & will repurchase!

This body wash does not lather at all and smells terrible -- just like rubber as one reviewer stated below. It irritated my sensitive skin and made it rough and dry. I was very disappointed.

on 1/25/2004 9:46:00 PM

I hated this product so much. I have very sensitive skin on my body and was looking for a body wash with no fragrance to irritate my skin. This is NOT unscented! It has a pungent, rubbery, disgusting odor. The gel doesn't lather at ALL, so I have to scrub more to get more suds, which means my skin would turn red. Pee-yoo!

on 8/12/2003 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

Am not a big fan of this. It's kind of too heavy and oily, and also has a smell despite being touted as "unscented" (it has a masking fragrance which is actually pretty strong). Not too exciting for me personally. I like the fragrance-free Dove Beauty Bar for Sensitive Skin--much nicer. I expected more from Dove.

on 8/12/2003 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Yay for unscented! This is my Winter body wash, I love how its unscented... as I am allergic to many fragrances and it leaves me SOOOO soft and my body skin looks healthier. My skin gets so dry in the winter and this is literally the only product that takes away the itchy feeling. (makes an excellent leg shaving lotion too!)

on 7/5/2003 10:35:00 PM

Many body washes make me break out because my skin is ultra sensitive, but this one is gentle and moisturizing.

on 7/5/2003 11:21:00 AM

This is my favorite body wash. It's so think and moisturizing and the bottle lasts forever. I recently travelled for a week without it, and I'll never do that again, since I ended up all dry and itchy. The creamy texture to it is 100% better than any gel formula I have tried. There IS a 'non-scent' scent to this, but I much prefer that to the sickly sweet fruity scents out there.