MAC Matte Blush - Blunt

3.7

Talc, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Zinc Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol [ /- Silica, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Manganese Violet, Red 6, Red 6 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Red 28 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Ultramarines, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake]

on 9/19/2014 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

The best blush to contour for medium skin tone! It's the perfect brown, doesn't look too harsh and this product would last you for years!!

on 3/5/2014 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

its great

on 3/4/2014 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I'm "NC 45" in MAC. I put this in quotes because everytime I try a foundation that looks like a color match there it has too much red in it for my yellow undertones. When it oxidizes I look like a ommpa loompa. It urks me how Mac uses this (nc45) as a catch all color for medium toned women because the undertone does not take into account the variations in this shade range....ok rant over and onto the review..lol

I have tried this blush for contouring and finds it turns brownish red as soon as it hits my face. I looks brown in the pan but I pick up red on the skin. Rather than throwing it out im gonna play around with it as an eyeshadow contour.

on 2/26/2014 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I pretty much use this like everyone else, as one of my conture colored. Hmm..does anyone use it as a blush? As it is a nice matter as a pretty nature warmth to the skin once blended. I think it would also make a nice crease color as well on deeper skin tones. I'm NC 45-50.

Very good bronzer for contouring. I'm not too much into the contoured look but on the times when I did experiment with this product the look was beautiful. Use a light hand with this product due to high pigmentation and dark coloring.

on 12/30/2013 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my HG contour blush. It is too dark in my opinion to use as just a blush but great as a contour bronzer. It is a matte, dark brown but I use it lightly & it does wonders on my fair skin. I use it all the time. I contour my cheeks & nose, then of course use a lighter blush & a highlight or sometimes I skip the blush & just use a highlight with it. The color can be intimidating at first but a little goes a long way & if you know how to use it, it can really slim down those cheeks!

on 10/8/2013 8:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

On a look out for a good contour color for my skin ( nc25 nc30) This made me look dirty AND......it would wash off in random spots. Say for instance I contour my cheek bones, within 2 hours the contour close to my ear would fade , ODD! Harmony is a better color but does the same wash away effect as blunt, wamp wamp. If you're looking to purchase this get " Give me sun" also by MAC instead ,better contour color and doesn't wash off.

on 10/6/2013 5:14:00 PM

Disappointed! Maybe it's the lighting in Nordstrom's that convinced me to buy this. I went to the MAC counter for advice on contouring and product recommendations. I specifically told the sales woman I have a difficult time with colors for contouring as I feel they are too dark and make me look muddy. THIS BLUSH MATCHES THAT DESCRIPTION. Hopefully Nordstrom's takes it back...

on 9/13/2013 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Im not sure what my MAC color is (don’t really use any of their foundations/concealers), but I would describe my skin as a medium olive with yellow undertones, but definitely not tan by any means. If you’re skin tone is similar to mine and you’re looking for a contouring powder, MAC’s blunt is most definitely not the way to go. I originally purchased it as a contouring powder after watching a few reviews on YouTube. I’ve had it for more than a year and occasionally use simply because I have it. The problem is that on my skin tone, it a) doesn’t look natural b) is too coppery/red and obvious to provide a “natural” looking contour c) it’s difficult to blend d) it’s too dark e) it fades by the end of the day (I have oily skin so that may be the reason). Bottom line, it’s just too coppery/red and dark to work well as a contour powder.

on 9/9/2013 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

The only contour color I own. It's perfect for NC40-42 skintones.

Popular Blush Products