December 22, 2014 | 1731 users online

Blush - Smashbox - Blush & Soft Lights Duo - Smashing Warmth / Luminance

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2008 1:15:00 PM More reviews by Dinahout

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've had this Blush Duo for years, but only bring it out during winter. The Warmth gives me healthy color and the Luminance give me a bit of a glow. I use the Luminance with other cheek colors I have to tone them down and give some warmth. I have a yellow-toned complexion so I have no problems with Luminance being yellow/goldish.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2007 6:52:00 AM More reviews by rosinalove11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The blush + highlighter is a great idea. Unfortunately, the highlighter was way too yellow on me. It is lovely though, the blush is a deep pigmented plummy pink, and the highlighter isn't too shimmery. Great idea smashbox, just doesn't work for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2005 12:08:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

I swapped for this over the winter, tried it, concluded it was too muddy on me, and put it away on the swap pile. Lately, I've been looking for a warm, dusky (slightly brownish) rose colored-blush and I remembered I had this. This is actually a round, split-pan with what looks like a flat, medium maroon color on one side and an equally flat-looking, pale yellow/cream color on the other side--not too exciting. But now that I have a bit of a tan (MMM/GGG), this looks faboo. "Smashing Warmth" is an earthy reddish-rose with slight brown and plum undertones. It gives me a lovely, overheated flush (as if I'd been out exercising in the August heat), and despite how it looks in the pan, has a subtly shimmery finish. "Luminance" adds a wonderfully subtle glow to skin. It's perfect for me now that I have more color ( Wet 'n' Wild's All Over Shimmer is a little too light for me now.) I use them together for a really healthy, outdoorsy look. Very pigmented, applies smoothly, blends easily enough and comes in simple, utilitarian packaging. Great product!

ETA: Milani Smooth Finish Blush in Temptation is verrrry similar to the "Warmth" side of the pan.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2005 5:19:00 PM More reviews by susannenorwitz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is THE best blush ever... I think they are phasing it out, a fact that devastates me to the core. But this amazing blush replicates a gentle show of color from the sun. It's amazing -- not too heavy -- a bit of a plum base with just the right amount of brown. Scratch that -- I don't know how to describe this blush -- it's just friggin' amazing. The gold half I really don't use all that much though.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2004 2:18:00 PM More reviews by keket

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love the warm color. It is perfect on my olive skin. And it stays on all day. I would purchase it again, which is about once a year. A little goes a very long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2004 1:11:00 AM More reviews by LolaQueCute

i have all five blush duos and this is one of my favorites. love the blush color. love the yellow shimmer. they both go very nicely with my medium-light skin. aurora/halo blush duo is also fantastic.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2004 10:30:00 AM More reviews by jaffacake

A great duo... the shades build up steadily so you have good control over the depth of colour. They feel great on the skin and are easy to apply. I think Warmth/Luminance would suit most people, though I'd prefer a pinkier tone on my pale, cool-toned skin. Definitely worth a try!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2003 3:13:00 PM More reviews by sunshine34

I'd like this better if it wasn't sparkly. the texture and blendability are excellent and the colour looks good on me (PPP) - but the sparkle does me in! I use the yellow half as a highlighter and eye shadow and the plummy shade as an eyeshadow and blush for Big Nights Out. I find it too much for workaday wear.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2003 2:05:00 AM More reviews by pokie

This is a beautiful blush combo! The blush is a deep berry/plum, but it looks great applied with a light hand. Just a light tap of the brush on each half of the duo makes for a gorgeous look. It stays on all day too. This is my favorite item from the 8-piece Time Slots Portfolio. I'd buy it again if I ever run out, which seems unlikely.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2003 1:50:00 AM More reviews by BluegrassBabe

Everyone else has done such a good job of describing this great blush/highlighter combo, that I won't bother repeating it.
It's pretty, looks good on me, and my friends, and it's a big pot of 2 colors that should last a long time, and I'm extree pleased with my purchase since I got this in a kit, for a great price.