Smashbox Double Ended Brush

3.3

on 9/27/2013 11:57:00 PM

I got really lucky with this brush - it was a gift! I was not sure of how to use it at first, but realized it's perfect to use with any wax, pencil, powder, stencil for eye brows! I use the flat white end to dip into wax and with upward strokes apply wax or pencil to the eyebrows. I use the slanted end to pick up powder to powder the brows. It's one of those brushes that you might pass by because it's pretty unique imo and I was intimidated by it! Not any more - now that I know how to use it I reach for it every day to help make my eyebrows looked perfectly groomed. It's also well made with a wood stick, red enamel paint, and metal brush holders that do not loosen or budge. This one is a winner!

on 1/27/2009 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I LOVE this brush! :) First off, the one I'm talking about is the Double Ended Smudger No.20. One end is a flat smudger bristled brush & the other side is a foam smudger. I like using this to line my waterline with MAC fluidline beacuse the eyeliner brushes only worked to apply the eyeliner on my upper lid (for me) and it was really hard to apply to waterline beacuse it was so thin & it just didn't work out for me (or maybe i'm just bad at it) haha. but this brush is amazing. & the smudging is great too :)

on 5/15/2004 1:22:00 PM

Like everyone else, I got a few of these as part of their beauty portfolio kits. It's nowhere near as good as their regular e/l brush, which is awesome. The best that can be said about this one is that it's very portable, has 2-ends so you can use 2 e/l together without mixing them on the brush and finally you won't care if you lose it.

on 3/11/2004 8:44:00 AM

I've received this in the smashbox portfolios and it's pretty lame. I agree with the other reviews, it's ok in a pinch. Sadly enough, Smbx is selling this brush on their website for $5!! That HAS to tell you something, LOL!

on 10/23/2003 10:26:00 PM

I think this brush (although high quality bristles)......is ridiculously small.
If i bought it seperately,I would be livid---strictly 'if you dont have anything better'!
......But it comes in some HUGE and WONDERFUL collections from SmAsHbOx --so Why complain,really.

on 12/23/2002 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have to agree with the other reviewer on this one. I know own three of these with each of the last three Smashbox portfolios and QVC sets. It is a double ended creme liner/push liner brush. Smashboxes No.9 brush is much better quality than this. But it will do the job.