NARS Dolce Vita

4.1

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been wanting this lipstick since forevers it's a cult classic but the price tag was a turn off. But I would suck it up & shell out my dear money to buy this if I lose it. Then Ssphora came out w a nude lips set (Give Me Some Lip "Nudes" is what it's called I think if you want to check it out.) $28 for the entire set u get slightly smaller versions 5 in total but since when did I actually finish a lipstick?! I lose them 1st. So this color is very sheer. It's nice for makeup-no-makeup looks or a conservative environment. I love Nars lippies but I don't like the price tag. The Give Me lip was such a good value. I don't know full retail price of this lipstick I'm assuming around $30 since its HE which price pointe is important factoring in my decision on whether to rebuy, I wish MUA had an "undecided" or "maybe" selection for rebuy. This is like a pigmented lip balm not ever opaque, doesn't dry out my lips like liquid lipsticks. The packaging is sleek, futuristic, & chic in the iconic black matte rubber tube w the logo in white lettering. I cannot say enough good things about this lipstick. Only drawback/con is that I didn't buy it sooner! But that's not this lipstick's fault. Ev1 needs a bit of glam & luxury in our lives. YOLO! Carpe diem!

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

It's so nice, perfect for work or if you want a natural look!

I do love this color, honestly. On my lips it's a perfect nude, the only one I've ever really liked on my face. "True" neutral nudes completely wash me out, so I need a pink base in my nude but the right shade has been hard to find. This shade is a total no-brainer. It's a muted MLBB shade that won't clash or compete with any eye look I've got going on. It's soft, smooth, and moisturizing, and feels delightful on the lips.

Unfortunately, as others have already mentioned, this lipstick is more of a tinted balm than anything, and it doesn't last on the lips. Mine soak it right up and I feel like I am constantly reapplying. I've considered trying the pencil version, but the lack of a self-sharpening mechanism is a nonnegotiable deal-breaker for me. The need to reapply wouldn't be so bad if it didn't cost so much money. At this price point a lipstick should last.

I've already re-bought this when I thought I lost my first tube (I found it, so now I have two). I would re-buy again because of the uniqueness of the shade. But I'm keeping my eyes peeled for a cheaper or longer-lasting dupe.

Not pigmented enough for my lips, its basically a sheer slightly tinted lip balm on me, I suppose it would be great on someone with lighter lips though! Passing this on to a friend with less pigmented lips and sticking to the satin and semi-matte formulas instead (might get Pigalle or Tolede for a nude, or just an Audacious one). It's not a dud, its just not dark enough for everyone, loads of people (most people, really) have pigmented lips and this would not show up on them either. That's okay, that's what makeupalley is for, research!

Note: The Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dolce Vita is what I hoped this would be. Pigmented enough to show up, MLBB shade, but very natural looking. A rosey nude with a touch of brown. The formula is different though, as the name implies, it is Matte and lasts longer, much longer, than this sheer lipstick of the same name. With that note, my lips are not the most pigmented (it varies?) and the Velvet Matte may not show up on everyone either. Swatch before buying!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I was extremely pleased to find this lipstick in John Lewis. It's so flattering - I wear it with a bit of blush, black eyeliner and lots of mascara for daytime or evening. It's not a draining, lip camouflaging nude - rather, a pretty warm, nude-ish dusky rose with a slight sheen. It's absolutely perfect on my pale complexion, and the NARS packaging is great - never popping open in my make up bag.
My only issue is the fact it tends to last about an hour on my lips, less if I eat or drink. It's a nightmare! I have considered buying the matte lip pencil version, but the texture is very different and the shade more intense. I may well try the sheer lip colour with a lip primer, as I love it so much.

Basically a US$27 tinted lip balm that does not moisturise. Get Tolede instead, or Pigalle if you're into mattes and have super pigmented lips.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a good staple lipstick. It has enough pigment to show up on my lips, and is not heavy or chalky at all. It is a nice pinky-rose color, without any orange tones- which I dislike. It doesn't have strong pigment so it has less staying power than some drier lipsticks but I like that it is more moisturizing.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Got it for my birthday and I love it!!

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I don't understand the hype surrounding this product, personally. It is supposed to be a sheer, dusty rose color except I can't verify because it doesn't show up on my lips! The formula is smooth and creamy (which I give it props for) and you think it would be moisturizing but it dries out my lips. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone with dehydrated lips. I was really disappointed with this lipstick. Even ignoring the hype around it, it was below average. I would skip on this one and get any other natural, sheer lipstick.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this as a gift, which I'm really thankful for because I don't think I would have ever been willing to spend 26 USD on a lipstick, especially one that is this sheer. But wow, I am in love with this lipstick. It's described as a "sheer, dusty rose" which I think is accurate. It's very easy to apply--it glides on smoothly and sort of melts into your lips. I have extremely dry lips, but this lipstick is quite moisturizing which I love. The finish is somewhat glossy because it is so hydrating. I like the matte black packaging a lot. Overall I find myself reaching for this color daily because it's so easy to wear and goes with everything.

Recommended for Medium Skin