July 30, 2014 | 1925 users online

Lipstick - NARS - Lipstick in Dolce Vita

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2014 8:58:00 AM More reviews by missbioniclegs

Was really excited to try this after loving the lip pencil in the same shade, well I wish I had just bought another lip pencil in Dolce Vita. I get that it's sheer but it hardly has any pigment to my eyes and I have very unpigmented lips. Feels like I've wasted my money, I'd recommend the lip pencil of this shade more than this, the colour of that lip pencil is beautiful. This is very very sheer rosy sort of MLBB and the pencil is more a very neutral red, sort of a brick red and very wearable.

I won't repurchase this but I'd like to try other NARS lipsticks as the texture is lovely and feels moisturizing. Maybe another finish will be better for me if I buy another lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2014 10:39:00 PM More reviews by upinspace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Looove! I got it in a Sephora favorites box awhile back and its a really moisturizing formula that makes my lips a light rosey color.

My only problem is that, though I'm pretty sure I'm the only one, for some reason it has hard chunks in it? I dunno, I think its a problem with mine but I still love it. I can just take the chunks off my lips, hah. Only reason it got a lippie off. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2014 7:53:00 PM More reviews by Asianlily

I don't usually wear lipstick but after watching YouTube and saw it being used, I knew I had to try it on. I was right. It was the perfect MLBB shade that compliments my natural makeup style. It feels very creamy and moisturising on the lips and since purchasing it, I don't leave the house without it. The only small downside is the smell - it smells like plastic, luckily the smell wears off shortly after application.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2014 1:39:00 AM More reviews by msyu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I read reviews on this shade and bought it without trying it on. I was not disappointed, although I'm sure I could've found a better mlbb shade, I thought this was good enough. I bought two tubes so far.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2014 2:17:00 PM More reviews by Ad0rableTam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love my Nars Dolce Vita! It's one of those lipsticks you jus don't regret buying! It's something I can use everyday! As opposed to my large collection of MAC's that kind of sit there daily because I can't use them to work due to their off textures and bold colors. Anyway, my dolce vita is something I can throw in my bag and rely on to give me a fresh, natural, look without it ever caking on me or drying out my lips. The color really is flattering, it's really natural especially without glitter, you can count on this to make it your MLBB lippie. I only knocked off a star for the price because it's pretty expensive at $26.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2014 2:48:00 AM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

You know how there are certain lipsticks that routinely get praised for being "universally flattering" but end up being "universally flattering to everyone but you"? Nars' Dolce Vita isn't like that at all. For once, all the blogs and reviews are right!

I held off on buying this because, in general, I've been rather underwhelmed by Nars products. Most are ok but not worth the high price tag. For the last couple of months, I've been trying to shake up my makeup routine (ie Going from "barely there and blah to well made up and vava voom!"). As such, I've been trying to get away from boring glosses and ChapStick to actual grown up lipstick. Since I'm incapable of going from zero to 90, I still have to ease in to certain things and "loud" lipstick is one of those things. I wanted something flattering, not too in your face but still noticeable. Dolce Vita is just that. I was hesistant when I first saw the tube because this seems very pink and pinks looks terrible on me but somehow, miraculously, Dolce Vita flatters my olive/tan skin. It's like my lips but much, much better. It is rather sheer and if you want a lot of color you do have to apply quite a bit but I like that. It's one of those lipsticks you can apply without a mirror and not worry about it looking insane. The staying power is a bit iffy. If you don't apply quite a bit, it seems to wear off quickly but I found if you layer it, it stays put quite nicely.

If you're looking for something truly flattering, I would suggest giving Dolce Vita a try. Naturally, your skin tone or general opinion will change things but I think this is an awesome lipstick for scaredy cats like me who love makeup but just can't pull off the fully made up look.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2014 4:31:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Nice color, very natural brownish/pinkish.. However it feels little bit too light for me, almost feels like I have no lipstick on at all. I love the formula and the fact that it feels creamy and hydrating. However it's not worth $25.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2014 5:29:00 PM More reviews by nostradamus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Dolce Vita is a "sheer dusty rose" that can be built upon for a deeper colouring. For me, this means something close to my natural lip colour, but slightly on the plummier side. It's rather demure and almost MLBB material, but not quite as rose-coloured as I'd like it (my ideal is a blush rose kind of shade). The moisture in this lipstick is great for winter and I appreciate that it is relatively neutral in scent. My only caveat is that I have to frequently reapply this throughout the day because it wears off so easily. This is my first Nars lipstick and overall I'm pleased with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 1:35:00 PM More reviews by AS437

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This lipstick is definitely a holy grail product for me. Dolce Vita is a sheer, (kind of) buildable rose color that is universally flattering on many skin tones. It feels moisturizing on my lips and lasts for a reasonable amount of time (for me at least... most lipsticks tend to wear off quickly on me). If I were to lose or run out of this lipstick, I would definitely purchase it again. My only complaint about this product is the packaging. Although it looks lovely and the plastic has a nice, soft satiny-finish, it feels incredible flimsy and cheap compared to other lipstick containers at a similar price point. However, having said that, the packaging will not deter me from purchasing this again. It's more of a minor annoyance than something to really complain about.

Bottom line: A great lipstick for those who want a natural, flattering look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2014 2:45:00 PM More reviews by hersheykiss1313

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this lipstick. Its the perfect balance for a smoky eye, or just for a neutral look. I expected more of a dusty rose from how it appeared in the tube, but instead I got a perfect YLLB. For reference, I'm a dirty blonde with pale skin (though slightly warm toned) and blue eyes, and it is as perfect on me as it is on my friends with darker hair and more olive skin.

The formula is creamy, and there is a slight rose smell, but nothing too obnoxious. I wish for a better staying power, but it is a sheer lipstick. That said, because I love the NARS packaging, I don't mind reapplying.