NARS Dolce Vita

4.1

on 8/13/2015 6:16:00 AM

Basically a US$27 tinted lip balm that does not moisturise. Get Tolede instead, or Pigalle if you're into mattes and have super pigmented lips.

on 6/3/2015 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a staple lipstick for me. It's always in my purse, along with UD Naked, which is similar in color. It has enough pigment to show up on my lips, is slightly glossy, and not heavy or chalky at all. It is a perfect nude pinky-rose color, without any brown or orange tones (which I hate). It has less staying power than my UD but is more moisturizing, so I reach for this when I want a lighter lipstick.

on 5/10/2015 9:26:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Got it for my birthday and I love it!!

on 2/9/2015 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I don't understand the hype surrounding this product, personally. It is supposed to be a sheer, dusty rose color except I can't verify because it doesn't show up on my lips! The formula is smooth and creamy (which I give it props for) and you think it would be moisturizing but it dries out my lips. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone with dehydrated lips. I was really disappointed with this lipstick. Even ignoring the hype around it, it was below average. I would skip on this one and get any other natural, sheer lipstick.

on 10/22/2014 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this as a gift, which I'm really thankful for because I don't think I would have ever been willing to spend 26 USD on a lipstick, especially one that is this sheer. But wow, I am in love with this lipstick. It's described as a "sheer, dusty rose" which I think is accurate. It's very easy to apply--it glides on smoothly and sort of melts into your lips. I have extremely dry lips, but this lipstick is quite moisturizing which I love. The finish is somewhat glossy because it is so hydrating. I like the matte black packaging a lot. Overall I find myself reaching for this color daily because it's so easy to wear and goes with everything.

on 10/2/2014 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

My first NARS lipstick purchase. Dolce Vita is a safe choice for my pale, cool toned skin (NW15 for reference) and very pigmented lips. It is a flattering shade on me, I would describe it as a dusty rosy mauve. The formula is quite sheer and feels comfortable on the lips, but lasting power is not very long, about 2 hours max, and the overall impact not very high, which lowered my rating. Basically, on my lips it feels and looks like a tinted lip balm. Because of its sheerness, it is easy to apply right out of the tube, which makes it a good lipstick for on the go. The black rubberized packaging is very compact which is another plus for travel. Time will tell how well it holds up day to day in a purse. At least NARS lipsticks contain the same amount that other brands offer in larger tubes. Price is $26, will likely look for a similar shade with a bit more lasting power rather than repurchasing this shade.

Was really excited to try this after loving the lip pencil in the same shade, well I wish I had just bought another lip pencil in Dolce Vita. I get that it's sheer but it hardly has any pigment to my eyes and I have very unpigmented lips. Feels like I've wasted my money, I'd recommend the lip pencil of this shade more than this, the colour of that lip pencil is beautiful. This is very very sheer rosy sort of MLBB and the pencil is more a very neutral red, sort of a brick red and very wearable.

I won't repurchase this but I'd like to try other NARS lipsticks as the texture is lovely and feels moisturizing. Maybe another finish will be better for me if I buy another lipstick.

on 7/15/2014 10:39:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Looove! I got it in a Sephora favorites box awhile back and its a really moisturizing formula that makes my lips a light rosey color.

My only problem is that, though I'm pretty sure I'm the only one, for some reason it has hard chunks in it? I dunno, I think its a problem with mine but I still love it. I can just take the chunks off my lips, hah. Only reason it got a lippie off. :)

on 6/7/2014 7:53:00 PM

I don't usually wear lipstick but after watching YouTube and saw it being used, I knew I had to try it on. I was right. It was the perfect MLBB shade that compliments my natural makeup style. It feels very creamy and moisturising on the lips and since purchasing it, I don't leave the house without it. The only small downside is the smell - it smells like plastic, luckily the smell wears off shortly after application.

on 5/20/2014 1:39:00 AM

I read reviews on this shade and bought it without trying it on. I was not disappointed, although I'm sure I could've found a better mlbb shade, I thought this was good enough. I bought two tubes so far.