Fancl Mild Cleansing Oil

4.3

2014 REFORMULATION: Cetearyl octanoate, Dextrin palmitate, PEG-10, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Rice Germ Oil, Squalane, Buxus Chinensis Oil, vitamin E, Ascorbyl Palmitate. OLD FORMULA: Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Butylene Glycol Diisononanoate, Polyglyceryl-10 Diisostearate, Diphenylsiloxy Phenyl Trimethicone, Polygltceryl-20 Octaisononanoate, Polyglyceryl-20 Hexacaprylate, Limnanthes Alba (meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Powder, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Ascorbyl Dipalmitate, Phytosteryl/Isostearyl/Cetyl/Stearyl/Behenyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Tocopheryl, Stearoyl Inulin

on 2/20/2015 6:01:00 AM

Have been using this one since end of 2003. So, it has been 11 years. They have changed the formula once ( 2004?) but just as well. This is very similar to IPSA cleansing oil, but that one is more expensive. Leaves no oily residue (yes I am talking about you, shu uemura). Does not have fragrance ( decleor, cover mark, RMK , yes it's you). After washing this off with water, I use cetaphil cleaser/biore cleanser lightly to clean my face ensuring nothing of this is left behind.

This CANNOT take Japanese water/sweat resistant sunscreen off completely ( if you have reapplied sunscreen every 40 mins if in water, like beach/ swimming / hot outdoor activities). With a few layers of those sunscreen on the face or on the body, it's better to take it off using its own brand/line of cleansing oil ( eg. Shisheido for shisheido, Sofina for sofina )

on 12/18/2014 12:34:00 AM

I liked this oil a lot at first. I had been using Boscia CO and loved it, and I read that FANCL is actually Boscia's parent company and their line is preservative free and all this other good stuff. I picked some up on a trip to Asia and really liked how it was less drying than Boscia's CO. I really like the texture as well, very similar to Boscia's, but without the tingle. But I think due to its lack of preservatives, this stuff isn't as effective a few months down the line. Each bottle actually has an expiration date and I believe most FANCL products expire after 90 days. Given that it is difficult/expensive for me to get to Canada, and I can't use up a whole bottle in 90 days, I will not be repurchasing.

on 9/23/2014 12:08:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

It works well to remove makeup however it's not life changing. I always follow it with a foam cleanser. Would not repurchase because I'm keen to try other things.

on 9/12/2014 10:47:00 PM

My favorite cleansing oil (and I've tried dhc, bosia, shu uemura, shiseido). Good texture and lasts me roughly 3 months. It's best to buy from their website or a reputable seller because I brought one off ebay and it didn't cleanse as well.

on 6/2/2014 12:12:00 PM

I love Fancl I have been using it as long as I have been using make up, at times I tried out other brands like shu uemura, DHC, and drug store brands like Dove and Neutrogena, nothing beats Fancl.

For those of you who said that it breaks you out - you weren't supposed to leave any traces of this stuff on your skin, you guys clearly hasn't been cleansing your face properly afterwards.

on 3/28/2014 1:31:00 PM

It's amazing. My face feels great after this. It doesn't feel oily at all! My combination skin loves it. Removes makeup instantly! It's super expensive in singapore :-( But my sister went to japan and got this for me at a much cheaper rate! Plus most fancl outlets are closing/closed in singapore which sucks. So if you know any friends/relatives going to japan, ask them to get it for you! Totally worth a try. I would choose this any day over my chu emura cleansing oil! Plus the packaging is simple, great for travelling as the clip ensures no leakages! Removing the clip (roughly) doesn't chip my painted nails too. Try this out :-)

on 2/23/2014 12:15:00 AM

This doesn't work with my skin. It removed makeup fine, as I expected it to. But it broke me out. I know it doesn't have preservatives so it's supposed to be calm on the skin but I think oily stuff doesn't work with my skin the way it seems to work with others' skin. Meh. And I was so excited about it when I first tried it.

So I gave it to my mum. It's fine on her skin but no better than other oil cleansers half its price. By the way I heard that Fancl is shutting down its stores in Singapore soon, so if you want to check this out here, better be fast!

on 1/25/2014 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I keep re-purchasing this product because it's the easiest way for me to remove make-up. Still yet to find anything better!

Pros:
- removes all traces of make-up
- relatively easy to use as it only requires use of fingers and water (no need for cotton pads or use of cleansing creams which leave a sticky residue)

Cons:
-short shelf-life
-expensive!

on 12/24/2013 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet! This has been my HG cleansing oil throughout the years. I've strayed a few times to DHC, Shu, and IPSA, but always come back to this.

Basics:
- comes in a not-so travel friendly pump form (I deposit it into a small travel tube instead)
- odorless!
- thin consistency (esp if comparing to DHC)

PROS:
- everything? Really, this cleansing oil is perfect! It does what it's supposed to do - remove all my makeup and grime from the day. It never leaves my skin over stripped either.
- doesn't break out my fussy skin
- preservative free

CONS:
- short shelf life due to the lack of preservatives - 1 year from manufacture date if unopened, or 4 months after opening. Note: I always end up using this past the recommended 4 months, and have never experienced any issues.

I buy this directly off fancl.com ~$26 per 120mL bottle. High recced!

on 8/14/2013 12:24:00 PM

i have used this product for about a year... ACNE PRONE SKIN BEWARE - this oil clogged up a few of my pores on my cheeks. the pores were not inflamed, but it made my skin bumpy. Once i stopped using this and switched to DHC mild cleansing gel.. it got a bit better. but DHC doesnt clean as well as Fancl. so i switched once again to shisheido tiss oil off (yellow) and it is my hg!! cheaper than fancl and not as oily as fancl