August 22, 2014 | 1966 users online

Shampoo - KMS California - Color Vitality Shampoo

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2014 8:40:00 PM More reviews by Nicolehasredhair

I didn't like this product a lot

I found it to be really drying, made my hair easily tangled, stripped colour out not a nice product.

Especially for the price of the product it's crap I'm disappointed.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2013 3:01:00 PM More reviews by sweet_like_honey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I've tried many different shampoos and conditioners that claim to help preserve hair color but this is the only line that doesn't break me out, dry out my hair, or make my hair feel greasy the day after use.

I buy the big pro size bottles with the pump, which makes it very convenient and is very hygienic. My hair hasn't oxidized or faded as much as it usually does, so I do think that this shampoo works to help preserve color.

This is my new HG shampoo- it's a transparent purple color, not opaque, so it helps add volume rather than excess moisture- which is perfect for my oily hair. I hate all the shampoos with the oils and silicones- they break me out. This formula might be a bit drying for the winter but it's perfect for spring/summer. My hair is clean and soft- not crunchy like it gets with the residue of too many silicones.

Will definitely repurchase!

UPDATE 10/5/13: This shampoo and conditioner ended up drying out my hair so I stopped using it. I now use Rusk Being Sexy S&C.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2012 2:54:00 AM More reviews by wartthree

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This stuff gives my hair CRAZY shine without using any additional product. It cleanses well and I love the smell. I think it is really expensive, 35.00 for a liter, is a lot!! I only buy it when I find it on sale, and then I stock up!!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/19/2012 8:12:00 PM More reviews by tashionista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Horrible product. My hair is now snapping off 3cms from the root. I have never had this problem with any other product.

Avoid!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2011 6:16:00 PM More reviews by gale2509

I was disappointed to see how many bad reviews this product received as personally I'm a huge fan! Been using it for over a year now (blonde shampoo) colour vitality conditioner, the blonde treatment and leave in spray and I adore them all. Made big difference to how my colour lasts and fades, I wouldn't be without any if them. I have found the shampoo to be a great match to my fine, lank hair, it's certainly looks in much better condition since I started using these products. I can get 3 days between washes if I'm feeling particularly lazy, which was previously unheard of as my hair was so greasy after 1day beforehand. I'm def a fan and would rec to anyone with blonde hair that wants to keep their colour looking fresh.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/20/2010 10:38:00 PM More reviews by nelle4362

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Horrible product. This shampoo stripped by hair of all moisture, make it impossible to brush through without a good conditioner, and turned my blonde hair an ugly brassy tone. Don't waste your time or money on this, there are much better shampoos out there

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2009 6:45:00 AM More reviews by lilyjules

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

love this. smells yummy and is lovely. don't like that the conditioner comes in a *smaller* bottle than the shampoo, but as far as the product goes, I love this shampoo and the conditioner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2009 12:48:00 AM More reviews by elusivelotus

My hairdresser recommended this to me after I dyed my hair and had blonde highlights. First off, the smell is subtle and really nice and soothing. This shampoo doesn't strip my hair of all its moisture but does leave it feeling clean. I don't use any styling products apart from serum and the occasional leave in conditioner so my hair doesn't need much heavy cleaning. The shampoo is actually really nourishing because my boyfriend used it on his non treated thick hair and found it very soft afterwards. I didn't get any irritation from this which was a bonus since most shampoos give me dandruff. It's on the expensive side but I bought it in bulk (750mL) so it worked out ok. Colour maintenance wise, it was ok, nothing spectacular but I didn't really expect it to do an amazing job either. I would definitely repurchase along with the matching conditioner.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2007 11:32:00 PM More reviews by diana6

I have no problem with how the shampoo leaves my hair feeling, but then again I also have nothing to rave about. It's so-so. The scent is nice, however, and it seems like a great basic shampoo for colored hair. I don't know if it's worth the money, though. Cheaper brands work just as well.
My COMPLAINT is that I now suddenly have break-outs all along my hairline since using this shampoo and conditioner! Since that's the only thing I've changed in my routine, they have to be the culprit! I would never buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2007 12:43:00 PM More reviews by martiral

I really enjoyed using this shampoo considering I had a highlighting mishap and had to have my hair colored all over and it left my hair very dry and not healthy looking at all. When I used this shampoo the Ginger and Lilac was a calgon experience it just took me away the sent was FABULOUS. My hair felt clean with no residue and moisturized. I recieved this as a sample and used the conditoner which is great also. I am going to buy this product and use to give my hair back the moisture and radiance it once had. Hope this helps.