December 18, 2014 | 1031 users online

Fragrances - Banana Republic Beauty - Modern

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2008 11:21:00 PM More reviews by blondchick12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Kindof on the fence with this fragrance. I received this as a gift a few years back and at first I liked it because it seemed very sophisticated to my teenage self. However, know I feel like its too mature for me and while some enjoy that its not too femine, I think I prefer more girlish scents. It is certainly not unpleasant and worth sampling, but not my favorite.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2008 8:47:00 PM More reviews by mildred

This is pleasant enough; I get bananas, and pepper. It doesn't last too long, but with the body lotion, it goes and is very nice, not overpowering. I like....

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2007 1:36:00 AM More reviews by danerly

I love this fragrance. It's sort of peppery and warm. An evening or dress-up perfume. Not overly feminine, but definitely a woman's scent. Very bold. Recommended.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2005 11:34:00 PM More reviews by peachyskye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

All I can say is that it kind of grows on you. I'll use this occassionally, seeing how its discontinued. I can understand why its not too popular like the other BR scents, but otherwise its alright. It's hard to describe, all I can say is that it's not your regular feminine scent. It's not floral or sweet or fruity, it's more of a cologne, but you can still pick up the strong femininity it has. I sprayed it in the morning and I can still smell it on me now (very latenite), but its very faint and not strong, even when you spray it in the morning and seeing how its parfum and not edt, I expected it to be stronger and last longer, but it's not. I still prefer "classic", I love that scent, just really wished it lasted longer. I love the unique packaging for "modern".

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2005 7:18:00 PM More reviews by eSynergy

Very clean scent, not flowery at all. It stays on all day for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2004 10:37:00 AM More reviews by Herrera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great light everyday fragrance. Doesn't last, though, and I think it's being discontinued.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2004 11:29:00 PM More reviews by clb97p

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Blech. I was surprised I didn't like this, because I love the other BR fragrances. But this smells too sickly sweet to me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2003 8:48:00 PM More reviews by KSAP

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Definitely not my favorite BR fragrance…smells like lemongrass with something unidentifiable. I would recommend W or Classic…my personal favorites!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2003 11:20:00 PM More reviews by TopNote

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Not one of my favs, but its a unique scent, which is why I have it. Its very hard to describe the scent! Its discontinued.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/15/2003 9:19:00 PM More reviews by snowdragon

Got this as a gift for Xmas one year. Doesn't have much staying power. Wasn't too crazy about the scent either, it was kinda light. The packaging is very pretty though. Wouldn't buy it for myself.