December 17, 2014 | 1884 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Coco Mademoiselle

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2014 6:35:00 AM More reviews by sarahmarie86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I find the top notes overwhelming and almost cloying but once she dries down Coco Mad is soft, elegant and beautiful. I reserve this perfume for winter because it is way to strong to wear in the warmer months. If you test it out try to wait for the heinous top notes to wear away before you make your judgement on this beauty. I think the dry down smells sweet/floral/citrus and a little like expensive old fashioned soap... if that makes any sense. Very expensive, but that's to be expected from Chanel. This perfume lasts longer than anything I own, around 12 hours. I even smelled it on my wrist after I took a shower! I took away two stars because of the top notes.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2014 8:56:00 AM More reviews by mricci

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this scent. Its way too popular though and I'd not buy it again simply because Yves de Sistelle Sanderling is a cheaper, amazing smell alike (it's actually better, IMO) :)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/4/2014 2:46:00 PM More reviews by FeminineWoman

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Tested Coco Mademoiselle, once again, magically hoping drydown would be similar to the first spritz.

Top notes are a sophisticated, feminine, citrusy floral. Stunning. Drydown; however, is another story. I begin to smell the patchouli more, and more. As the patch comes forth, I can smell it overriding the citrusy floral. This stunning fragrance dries down to a dirty hippie smell. SO disappointed.

If I could find a fragrance similar to Coco Mademoiselle, minus the patch, or at least much less patch, would be so happy.

Rating this with two lippies because top and middle notes bode well with my body chemistry.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2014 4:55:00 PM More reviews by lgeogheg

Love this scent. My husband bought it for me years later because it reminded him of when we first started dating.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2014 9:34:00 PM More reviews by margieatk

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my most favorite fragrance. Not too heavy, not too floral, subtle and sophisticated.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/5/2014 9:22:00 AM More reviews by kirstenangeles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This perfume is sooooooo overrated. It's extremely strong and doesn't even smell good, and it stays in my nose (THE STRONG & TOXIC SCENT LINGERS) ALL THE WAY UNTIL THE NEXT MORNING DESPITE MY WASHES, FANNING and changing of clothes. I've been breathing toxic chemicals for so long and I had such a HUGE headache. 😡

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2014 5:29:00 PM More reviews by Janay

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

One reason I'm glad that the weather in my area is getting cooler is that I can start wearing Coco Mademoiselle again. It's too heavy for wearing in hot weather but is just right for the cooler months. It amazes me that there are so many seemingly disparate fragrance notes, but it's so well blended that it melts into my skin. I've had people tell me that I smell expensive when wearing this fragrance (they're right, LOL!). It has a very long dry-down when layered with the matching (and equally expensive) lotion, and can last from morning to late evening.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2014 7:23:00 PM More reviews by novasole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought the EDP twist-and-spray several years ago and discovered it again last week. I gave it a spray to see if it's grown on me, and we've been having a little affair ever since.

By all logic, I should not like Coco Mademoiselle, since I dislike patchouli and aldehydes. The EDP was an impulse buy when I was a stressed student. I ended up never wearing it because it felt obtrusive and overwhelming for a student's life.

I still feel self-conscious about its power. The first few minutes are overwhelming and cloying. After it dries down it smells - to me, the wearer - sweet, soft, and feminine. No complaints on the musk. It sticks to my skin for at least twelve hours, and changes over time. My clothes smell wonderful. I wore it under a cashmere sweater the other day - heaven. However, I understand my nose gets accustomed to its strength - and boy, is it strong. I wear it at home, like a luxurious robe. Never to the office, or in an enclosed space with others, for fear of triggering migraines and offending noses.

My boyfriend is indifferent, but I love it - at least, for now, these few weeks of Fall. Maybe it's the weather, or that my body chemistry has changed a bit over the past few years. Maybe it'll become overwhelming for me again. There is such a passionate dislike for this fragrance, especially regarding to its popularity with women my age (a product of some of the best marketing strategists in the world). I'll move on for all our sakes, but it was fun while it lasted.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/28/2014 7:56:00 AM More reviews by hazelpug

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

THis honestly smells way too sweet and intoxicating in a bad way. I tried to like the scent but its just not very nice at all.

If you're planning to buy this i recommend actually testing it out on you skin to see if you like the smell.

A little goes a LONG way, one light spray will be enough for your whole body.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2014 8:57:00 AM More reviews by JoyConway

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Where we can buy for a good price?

Omg, everywhere I go, everyone ask what I wear? Love it.