Victoria's Secret Rapture EDT or EDP

3.6

on 8/18/2015 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this perfume.Its smells really unique and sophisticated.The lasting power is amazing.Its the only Victorias secret perfume I like.

on 1/27/2015 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have been loving this perfume since it came out in 1992!!!!!

I was a junior in highschool back then and this was my signature scent! I always got compliments on it and still do to this day when I wear it.

This is a heavier scent that is perfect for winter and the colder months. The scent is IMO is a mix of spicy,floral,powdery,musky amber...I really love it!! It's so unique and intoxicating....and has incredible staying power! One or 2 quick sprays is all I need to last me all day and night (I can even wake up the next day and still smell it lol)

The bottle looks classy & cute too!!!!!!

As long as they keep making it I'll always repurchase!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

One spray gives me a thick, cloying, powdery assault of an old-school perfume that does not seem like a Victoriaís Secret scent one would expect. This is a sweet, heavy and intense cloud that will surround you if you over-spray. And over-spraying would be more than one push of the nozzle.
Syrupy amber? Yes. Intense florals? Most definitely. Spicy and nutty with an oily feel, Rapture takes me back decades when perfumes were powerhouses and strong-willed. This baby stung my eyes wide open.
Drydown reminds me of the unpleasant smell of opening an old musty cedar chest. The one spray that Iíve used has lasted for nine hours so far and Iím washing it off. Itís far too fleshy for me and headache-inducing.
There is no middle-ground for perfume-lovers here. Itís a love or hate fragrance.
My review is based on a bottle from the early 2000ís.
Top Notes: Citruses, Orange Blossom.
Middle Notes: Freesia, Jasmine, Bulgarian Rose.
Base Notes: Amber, Musk, Vanilla, Heliotrope.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I work at Victoria's Secret and every single person I work with, including myself, is completely disgusted by this perfume. Not to mention, it's so strong that most guys I've met are even more disgusted by it. At first, the only way I knew how to describe the scent was like an old lady. But that's not enough. It actually smells like a funeral home.

I'll be honest and say I'm not a huge fan of floral perfumes, and this one is most definitely very floral and sickeningly sweet. But most floral perfumes are at least tolerable to me. The rest of the girls I work with and I agree that this is straight up funeral home in a bottle.

on 9/22/2014 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

EDIT 9/24/2014: I ended up having to return it. It ended up being way too much for me - just too heavy and it gave me a headache and feelings of nausea. I really wanted to love it.

I cannot decide if I am in love with this fragrance or if I hate it! It's an intentional fragrance. It's a very adult frag... it's what you would wear to meet your lover. I'm editing this so as to not make this read like erotica. I guess you can get away with it at work if applied very lightly and only during the cool months? Wear this with much caution: it will seduce the men... and their girlfriends and wives will hate you for it. An aphrodisiac when worn correctly...I should love this fragrance but it's so dangerous and impractical. I can't wear this every day or year round, so it's a frustrating fragrance. It's memorable... good or bad, I guess...

on 8/14/2014 7:39:00 AM

I love this perfume. It's rich and unique. Definitely not for the faint hearted.

on 5/14/2014 4:47:00 PM

I love this perfume! Smells of roses, musk, and amber. Super warm and classy. And the bottle is a beautiful heart vile shape. I'm so happy I found this! UPDATE: Sold this at garage sale was way to stinky!

on 12/24/2013 3:32:00 PM

Headache in a bottle. Vile. Gave me a horrible headache within seconds of spraying it on me. Way too strong, and smells awful. Victoria’s Secret, stick to lingerie and bras, please.

on 11/9/2013 5:34:00 PM

I am completely stumped by this fragrance! Back in the late 80's/early 90's when I was in my early 20's, I loved this stuff. I used to rock it. Eventually I moved on to other scents and haven't used it in years. For some crazy reason, I decided to buy it again now that I'm in my 40's. It seemed like something I would once again enjoy in my more "mature" years. LOL. Well, at first spray, it was kinda nice, brought back memories of "back in the day". A few minutes later though, it turned into something... hard to explain... best word to describe this scent on me is RANCID. I had to go back into the shower again because I couldn't wait to scrub it off. I don't think that's EVER happened to me before. I am SO BUMMED. I was really looking forward to loving it during the cold weather. But I guess it's not for me, doesn't agree with my chemistry, or maybe I got a bad batch. Don't know. But it left a really nasty taste in my mouth. Almost literally. :( Makes me sad though, I wanted to love it.

on 10/27/2013 10:38:00 AM

Sort the reviews for this perfume by age. This is not a scent that the typical under 21 crowd will find appealing. Definitely for a more sophisticated and sexy woman. This is not your grsndma's perfume unless your grandma is 35, 40. I get more compliments from men - over 25 when I wear this fragrance than any other. A little much fir the workplace ( unless used very sparingly), but otherwise -a winner!

Popular Fragrances