October 23, 2014 | 931 users online

Fragrances - Victoria's Secret - Rapture EDT or EDP

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2014 4:58:00 PM More reviews by mkinthecity

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

EDIT 9/24/2014: I ended up having to return it. It ended up being way too much for me - just too heavy and it gave me a headache and feelings of nausea. I really wanted to love it.

I cannot decide if I am in love with this fragrance or if I hate it! It's an intentional fragrance. It's a very adult frag... it's what you would wear to meet your lover. I'm editing this so as to not make this read like erotica. I guess you can get away with it at work if applied very lightly and only during the cool months? Wear this with much caution: it will seduce the men... and their girlfriends and wives will hate you for it. An aphrodisiac when worn correctly...I should love this fragrance but it's so dangerous and impractical. I can't wear this every day or year round, so it's a frustrating fragrance. It's memorable... good or bad, I guess...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2014 7:39:00 AM More reviews by flashdanzer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this perfume. It's rich and unique. Definitely not for the faint hearted.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2014 4:47:00 PM More reviews by michelleva

I love this perfume! Smells of roses, musk, and amber. Super warm and classy. And the bottle is a beautiful heart vile shape. I'm so happy I found this!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/24/2013 3:32:00 PM More reviews by Kellergirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Headache in a bottle. Vile. Gave me a horrible headache within seconds of spraying it on me. Way too strong, and smells awful. Victoria’s Secret, stick to lingerie and bras, please.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2013 5:34:00 PM More reviews by evakser

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am completely stumped by this fragrance! Back in the late 80's/early 90's when I was in my early 20's, I loved this stuff. I used to rock it. Eventually I moved on to other scents and haven't used it in years. For some crazy reason, I decided to buy it again now that I'm in my 40's. It seemed like something I would once again enjoy in my more "mature" years. LOL. Well, at first spray, it was kinda nice, brought back memories of "back in the day". A few minutes later though, it turned into something... hard to explain... best word to describe this scent on me is RANCID. I had to go back into the shower again because I couldn't wait to scrub it off. I don't think that's EVER happened to me before. I am SO BUMMED. I was really looking forward to loving it during the cold weather. But I guess it's not for me, doesn't agree with my chemistry, or maybe I got a bad batch. Don't know. But it left a really nasty taste in my mouth. Almost literally. :( Makes me sad though, I wanted to love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2013 10:38:00 AM More reviews by Marcelaine

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sort the reviews for this perfume by age. This is not a scent that the typical under 21 crowd will find appealing. Definitely for a more sophisticated and sexy woman. This is not your grsndma's perfume unless your grandma is 35, 40. I get more compliments from men - over 25 when I wear this fragrance than any other. A little much fir the workplace ( unless used very sparingly), but otherwise -a winner!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2013 12:10:00 PM More reviews by aredx3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this perfume. It is a mature scent meaning not a lot of people my age would wear this but I consider myself different and love wearing it. I wear it only in the fall/winter or when I'm going out on a really nice date. They have two types the perfume spray which is 19.50 and the eau de parfum which is 35 dollars I think. When I got this the person bought the nineteen dollar one which the only thing i didn't like about it is that it couldn't stand up on its own so i just kept it in the box. I recommend this to anyone who likes a mature fragrance but not too mature where you smell like someone's grandmother. Lol It also goes great with Cashmere Glow by Bath & Body Works!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2012 10:20:00 PM More reviews by jatkins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Nice scent, but a little too musky and "mature" for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2012 3:59:00 PM More reviews by nicesmile

Rapture is the only reason I step foot in a Victoria's Secret. I was a fruity/sweet wearer in my teen's and a clean girl in my 20's. Now in my early 30's I do appreciate Rapture very much. There is no such thing as an old lady fragrance. I believe this appeals to me now because my taste and style has changed. I went from a tomboy to preppy to sophisticated in my clothes, car, home decor, perfume, etc. I do smell this on younger girls and it fits them just fine as well.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2012 3:07:00 AM More reviews by heartunes

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

RAPTURE PERFUME by VICTORIA'S SECRET is the best perfume in the world to me. It has staying power, people always say I smell excellent wearing it, and it makes me feel as though I am Marilyn Monroe, when I wear it. There is no other perfume in the world as this perfume. If you think it is a "mature" perfume, oh well. I have worn it, since it came out in 1992, and I will continue to wear the rest of my life. It is worth every penny you spend on it. The perfume is so strong that it will last on your clothing through washing it, honestly. I wish the air always smelled like RAPTURE PERFUME. You can tell I am sold on this product, and I hope VICTORIA'S SECRET never stops selling it. There is no other perfume like it in this world. I would recommend it to anyone young or old. I would recommend buying a gift set of it, which sells for approximately $50, and comes with a small bottle of the perfume, a medium bottle of the cologne, and a bottle of shower lotion (gel?). Anyway, if you want to feel like Marilyn and me, wear RAPTURE. You will be noticed for always smelling heavenly.