April 16, 2014 | 1967 users online

Fragrances - Victoria's Secret - Rapture EDT or EDP

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2013 3:32:00 PM More reviews by Kellergirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Headache in a bottle. Vile. Gave me a horrible headache within seconds of spraying it on me. Way too strong, and smells awful. Victoria’s Secret, stick to lingerie and bras, please.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2013 5:34:00 PM More reviews by evakser

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am completely stumped by this fragrance! Back in the late 80's/early 90's when I was in my early 20's, I loved this stuff. I used to rock it. Eventually I moved on to other scents and haven't used it in years. For some crazy reason, I decided to buy it again now that I'm in my 40's. It seemed like something I would once again enjoy in my more "mature" years. LOL. Well, at first spray, it was kinda nice, brought back memories of "back in the day". A few minutes later though, it turned into something... hard to explain... best word to describe this scent on me is RANCID. I had to go back into the shower again because I couldn't wait to scrub it off. I don't think that's EVER happened to me before. I am SO BUMMED. I was really looking forward to loving it during the cold weather. But I guess it's not for me, doesn't agree with my chemistry, or maybe I got a bad batch. Don't know. But it left a really nasty taste in my mouth. Almost literally. :( Makes me sad though, I wanted to love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2013 10:38:00 AM More reviews by Marcelaine

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sort the reviews for this perfume by age. This is not a scent that the typical under 21 crowd will find appealing. Definitely for a more sophisticated and sexy woman. This is not your grsndma's perfume unless your grandma is 35, 40. I get more compliments from men - over 25 when I wear this fragrance than any other. A little much fir the workplace ( unless used very sparingly), but otherwise -a winner!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2013 12:10:00 PM More reviews by aredx3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this perfume. It is a mature scent meaning not a lot of people my age would wear this but I consider myself different and love wearing it. I wear it only in the fall/winter or when I'm going out on a really nice date. They have two types the perfume spray which is 19.50 and the eau de parfum which is 35 dollars I think. When I got this the person bought the nineteen dollar one which the only thing i didn't like about it is that it couldn't stand up on its own so i just kept it in the box. I recommend this to anyone who likes a mature fragrance but not too mature where you smell like someone's grandmother. Lol It also goes great with Cashmere Glow by Bath & Body Works!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2012 10:20:00 PM More reviews by jatkins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Nice scent, but a little too musky and "mature" for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2012 3:59:00 PM More reviews by nicesmile

Rapture is the only reason I step foot in a Victoria's Secret. I was a fruity/sweet wearer in my teen's and a clean girl in my 20's. Now in my early 30's I do appreciate Rapture very much. There is no such thing as an old lady fragrance. I believe this appeals to me now because my taste and style has changed. I went from a tomboy to preppy to sophisticated in my clothes, car, home decor, perfume, etc. I do smell this on younger girls and it fits them just fine as well.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2012 3:07:00 AM More reviews by heartunes

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

RAPTURE PERFUME by VICTORIA'S SECRET is the best perfume in the world to me. It has staying power, people always say I smell excellent wearing it, and it makes me feel as though I am Marilyn Monroe, when I wear it. There is no other perfume in the world as this perfume. If you think it is a "mature" perfume, oh well. I have worn it, since it came out in 1992, and I will continue to wear the rest of my life. It is worth every penny you spend on it. The perfume is so strong that it will last on your clothing through washing it, honestly. I wish the air always smelled like RAPTURE PERFUME. You can tell I am sold on this product, and I hope VICTORIA'S SECRET never stops selling it. There is no other perfume like it in this world. I would recommend it to anyone young or old. I would recommend buying a gift set of it, which sells for approximately $50, and comes with a small bottle of the perfume, a medium bottle of the cologne, and a bottle of shower lotion (gel?). Anyway, if you want to feel like Marilyn and me, wear RAPTURE. You will be noticed for always smelling heavenly.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2012 3:39:00 AM More reviews by IttyBittyKC

I am a huge fan of rapture. I do see that a lot of people consider this to be a "mature" fragrance but I disagree. Yes, it does have a more hearty smell to it than most perfumes that are designed for teenage/young woman, but I have been wearing it since I was 15 and everyone loved it. I do think that the packaging is a bit outdated and that Victoria Secrets really doesn't market it for younger girls (or market it at all for that mater). I still get this sinking feeling every time I go to the store to buy more, because I am afraid they will stop selling it.

Over the years I have tried many of the perfumes designed for teenagers and young 20's females like Very Sexy, Chanel, Ralph Lauren, etc but at the end of the day I had more compliments when I wore rapture than anything else I've ever tried. Random strangers on the street will stop me to say that I "smell amazing" and that they need to know what I'm wearing and where to get it. I assume something in my body's chemistry has a very good reaction to the chemicals in rapture. I do hope that V.S. doesn't discard this perfume any time soon, because I have never found anything that makes me feel as great as I do when wearing this perfume.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2012 1:13:00 AM More reviews by arizonababyboo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was one of the first perfumes I owned in high school...ok my first REAL perfume, since I don't feel like Baby Soft counts since it's kind of like the training bra of fragrances.
I find it ironic that I hear people review that this smells mature since I actually preferred it more as a teenager than I do now.
That being said, I do still like this. I really love the orange blossom note in it as this is very predominant to my nose. There is something mildly sweet to this as well, vanilla is one of the top notes but since it is an oriental it comes across as a more spiced vanilla to me than a creamy vanilla.
The dry down on this is absolutely cozy...a great cold weather scent...I used to drown myself in this when I was a young inexperienced fragrance consumer, now I would say that less a spray would do you since it has amazing sillage.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/6/2012 5:42:00 AM More reviews by eatmyshort

best for more mature demographic. This is probably the strongest most masculine scent of the entire VS fragrances. I can see why most of the reviewers 25 years and younger tend to vote it low. I am not sure why people are so offended when a reviewer describes a scent as being mature? They are simply being honest and this is a review board. If a woman is happy and confident with herself, she shouldn't need to feel offended by someone else's opinion. in some culture, being matured is a prestigious status. Being mature is not a bad thing. Everyone has a loved one who is an elderly person. We all get old one day any way so there's no need to get all cookoo over a perfume. That's crazy! Younger people generally have a keener olfactory senses than older people. As we age, our senses dull out from vision to taste bud to hearing, to smelling, and then sadly to dementia. Older people tend to be weakened with smell senses and this can be explained in the atrocious strong acrid scent they like. Healthy people in general do not need a lot of perfume because they are not looking for something to "cover their body odor". healthy people do not have body odor. They smell naturally sweet and they only need a light simple scent and good personal hygiene to enhance themselves rather than do a total body smell make over. Strong perfumes are like women that wear a pound of makeup to cover up something not so great underneath. Perfume is meant to enhance not coverup. Just like makeup is meant to enhance your features not to turn you into a different species. Being yourself is a beautiful thing regardless of your age. There are older people who do not like this strong scent either. Old sick people on the other hand are more likely to need more cover up perfumes. It's not a bad scent. It has its own allure. For the right person, it may be a dream. For those that do not like a bunch of complexity and drama, this is not going to be a good scent.
Main accord include white flora, amber, animalic, floral, citrus, powdery. Rapture was launched in 1992. The fragrance features orange blossom, amber, freesia and jasmine. I persnally do not like amber and animalic scents in perfumes (which derived from dead animal secretions). Although they are used in tiny amount, I can still detect the dead animal odor. If you're not into animal smells, you may not like this fragrant.

The perfume bottle is heart shaped exquisite in beauty. I find most victorias secret's perfumes are pretty good smelling. The body sprays can be overwhelming in sugary overdose. I think this is a pretty classic, sophisticated scent. It smells like someone who had much life experience to share and stories to tell. A Mrs. Manly who knows what she wants and isn't afraid to speak her mind. She is not the kind, sweet, romantic, dreamy type in the prime peak of her beauty . She is likely to be comfortable in her skin no matter what life throws at her . I personally wouldn't wear this fragrance simply because it's not my preference. It's just too comsuming negative oppressive depressing controlling and heavy. fortunately, It's a non offensive mature scent. Maybe one of these days in the far future I might come to appreciate this fragrant too. this fragrant is best for fall winter. It can be obnoxious in tight places, cars, elevator, or hot summery weather. Those that like this fragrant may also like old classic perfumes of the early 1900's such as Guerlain Shalimar or Tou Jour Moi by Dana. They all smell the same. Rapture is more tolerable than the other 2 perfumes.