Clinique Quickliner for eyes- smoky brown

4.3

the ingredients in the eyeliner include: cyclomethicone, synthetic beeswax, disteardimonium hectorite, arachidyl behenate, microcrystalline wax (cera microcristalina), bht, [ /- (may contain) iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77499), mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), blue 1 lake (ci 42090), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510), ultramarines (ci 77007), manganese violet (ci 77742), aluminium powder (ci 77000), bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), carmine (ci 75470), chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289), chromium oxide greens (ci 77288)] [iln23130]

on 4/8/2015 10:08:00 AM

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

The first thing I noticed when applying this product is that it's more grey than brown, which has pros and cons depending on what you need. It's not overly red like a lot of browns and it's less intense than black eyeliner.

It's not too difficult to apply, but be careful since the end does not retract and can break easily. I've noticed that it can also be a bit flaky, but otherwise looks pretty good. One other issue I had was with the smudging tool, it tended to take off the eyeliner all together for me instead of smudging. With effort this does create a great smoky look due to the color of the product.

Although there are a lot of issues with application, generally I like the result of the product so I will continue to buy it until I find something I like better.

on 2/25/2015 8:35:00 PM

I just came back to this after a few years of cycling through the Sephora brands. It's hard to beat this color for subtlety, yet with enough presence to be worth it. It's great for cool skin tones, being grey-brown and not reddish. It's great for the lower lash line. It has a touch of shimmer and I just love it. I have noticed the complaints about the packaging, and I do seem to recall from way back that the pencil would sometimes break. But it's still a great color. It's not very precise but it is forgiving.

on 7/29/2014 6:26:00 AM

This eyeliner worked okay for me, but I wish it didn't fade after a few hours. It is kind of difficult to apply because the tip is hard and breaks a lot. I found that the design if the pencil is annoying, because it gets stuck a lot. Over all, I wouldn't buy this product again. Hope this helps!

on 7/16/2014 11:03:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is the pencil I've been searching for. The color is flattering on my blue-green eyes, and it stays on for several hours (best results achieved when I've used powder shadow as a base). It glides on quite easily, too. I prefer automatic pencils to those needing sharpening, so that's a plus. Will repurchase, probably this weekend!

I just bought this 6 weeks ago and it's already completely gone. I had to keep reapplying because it would not stay longer than an hour on me. I suspect that there was less than half of the product the container would lead you to believe. It really is a beautiful color, but it is still a waste of money and there are better products for less. I would not buy again.

on 12/12/2012 10:38:00 PM

Hands down, my favorite eyeliner! I have fair skin and this color of brown is too not light and not too dark for me. I can wear it on the lower lashes without looking racoonish. It looks great with or without being smudged and lasts pretty well.

Horrible eyeliner.. Possibly the worst cosmetic item I have ever used, and I was once suckered into buying Dramatically Different lotion. Everything from the wobbly applicator design to the liner itself (which is way, way to thick to serve its purpose correctly) is just horrid. I wouldn't even bother using it to write down a phone number.

on 11/9/2011 9:32:00 PM

I really like this eye pencil, the colour is just right for my blue eyes and fair skin. Defines my eyes without being too dark or overpowering. I wear it almost every day.
The downsides are that it fades away over the course of the day and sometimes large chunks of the liner break off ( a real problem with a pricey eyeliner like this). Oh, and I use it up far too quickly-- I have to repurchase every few months, where normally an eye pencil lasts me forever.

on 5/24/2011 10:46:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I love this liner, I never thought I would as I was very happy with what i had but in order to get a purchase gift I needed 3 products and this one was not so expensive as the other choices. The beste decision ever, gorgeous colour if you want a natural smokey look, perfect for day make-up. For me it didn't budge, how I applyed it in the morning that was how it looked when I came in from work. I don't have that with many liners.
The downside is the price, 19 euro, and beeing creamy I use it up quite fast so I have to buy it more frequently than normal. But I'm extremely happy with it, it's so beautiful and just dark enough, because I do want it to be seen that I have it on.

on 2/15/2011 1:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This quickliner didn't work for me as it smudged badly on me even before half of the day gone. The application was easy as the formula is creamy, that it glides easily along my lash line and waterline. I like the packaging that it came with the smudge sponge which is very useful and convenient. It's just too bad that this is one of the many eyeliners which smudged badly and quickly on my oily eye area (which most of them do, difference is how bad is the smudges )