October 25, 2014 | 1873 users online

Mascara - MAC - Pro Lash in Coal Black

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2012 11:27:00 AM More reviews by MiniAndBoss

This is such a disappointing mascara. It did nothing to my straight, short, asian lashes. The brush is really strangely shaped so it was really hard for me to apply without getting mascara all over my lids. The formula is pretty wet, and it was really hard to get the product to stick to my lashes. I got no volume or length from it. The upside is that the color is really black, and it doesn't make my lashes crunchy. Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2008 2:00:00 PM More reviews by Sundae1212

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am pleasantly surprised by how much i like this product much better than Mascara X (which is a fine product). Really appreciate that Pro Lash doesn't have as strong a smell as Mascara X, and this formulation/brush is m uch better at separating and lengthening the lashes, particuarly the lower lashes.
long lasting formula, easy to remove at the end of the day. very nice effect on the eyes, makes them pop and opens up my face.
definitely try this one!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2008 7:56:00 PM More reviews by valleychic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Overall, this mascara works well on me. It does not smudge or flake and it makes my lashes look darker. However, it doesn not add volume or length. If you are after a natural look, then this mascara is perfect. If you want a more dramatic look then this will not work for you. I want a little more bang for my buck so I will probably not repurchase this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2008 12:23:00 AM More reviews by ktdetails

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

This stuff is terrible. It's highly pigmented which seems to only translate into that it will always get on my eyelid when I put it on and then smear throughout the day and that it will take entirely too much effort to take off at night. AND for all that work - it didn't even do anything good for my lashes. I couldn't find my receipt with in the 30 days to return it otherwise it would have gone back to the store. Instead it will stay in a drawer until I BACK TO MAC for a free lipstick. It is safe to say I will never purchase this again. ever. Plushlash is much better - but I had to get used to the brush - now I love it.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/13/2007 12:05:00 AM More reviews by decj0002

Absolutely horrendous for my asian lashes. Price was great for a higher end mascara but it smudges so bad and doesn't hold curl. I've since found my HG mascara, thank goodness!

Edit: 1/2/07 - works great with my Shiseido Mascara Base but probably still won't repurchase as regular d/s mascaras work just as well w/ the mascara base!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2007 12:34:00 PM More reviews by skizzerkid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got this free for writing in to MAC. My only comment is I feel that this is the Great Lash of MAC's mascaras. It's nothing special, to me, but I feel like other people might make it work. It's very basic-- simple formula, simple packaging, standard medium sized mascara wand. I wouldn't highly recommend this, but it's not *terrible*.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2007 3:52:00 AM More reviews by iluvboyz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I had high hopes for this mascara because it looked really nice on my bestfriend!! On me however having very fair eyelashes I was disappointed:( This gave me no volume or length at all. All this did was make my lashes dark. Thats it. It didnt flake on me but once again all it did was make my lashes black.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2007 4:05:00 AM More reviews by Sage6o4

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Okay, so I am a complete MAC addict, and I think this is the ONLY time I've ever been actually unimpressed with one of their products, it made my lashes clumpy and spidery. Sorry MAC.. but mascaras really just aren't your thing.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2007 6:31:00 PM More reviews by courters

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this as a gift, so I tried it out even though I usually wear Mascara X. I noticed a difference right away - this one clumps a lot more, and I always had to wipe the brush off before applying. I have fairly long lashes, so it is a big pain to try to get this mascara to apply without clumping. I prefer Mascara X by far...I'd only use this one again if I was going for a dramatic, nighttime look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2007 8:30:00 AM More reviews by MollieRT

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I've used this mascara for about a month now & so far it's ok. It makes my lashes ultra black and glossy (almost patent leather looking), gives me lots of volume but no length at all. It does wear well on my oily lids though.

***UPDATE*** I've tried other mascaras that I'm more fond of now. I do wish they gave me the black glossiness of MAC though...