October 25, 2014 | 1644 users online

Styling Products - Joico - HI-RISE HAIR root volumizer

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2007 10:41:00 PM More reviews by RedJeanie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love how this squirts out in a stream of fluffy mousse. I can target my crown right at the roots or squirt it in my hand and apply it to the length. Great coconut fruity smell that I get complimented on. Much more shine and control than what I get when using Paul Mitchell Extra-Body Boost spray. Much more volume than the PM. I little goes a long way. Make sure you comb it through well. I have wavy, color treated hair that has lots of frizz. This is better at controlling that than the Paul Mitchell. I switch back and forth between the two. I don't shampoo every day so I use the PM to style my hair when I don't. I rinse and condition, use a leave in conditioner spray then add some PM all over. I've tried using the Joico for second day hair and it's too heavy for that. It makes my hair feel gummy. That's the only reason I gave it a four rating. It's a little on the pricey side. I buy mine in bulk on EBAY to keep the cost down.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/30/2005 4:56:00 PM More reviews by kristi1285

This left my hair very waxy and tangled. I can't even describe it. It was very weird though. I would not recommend this. Matrix amplify has a good root lifter and it smells really good.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2005 10:05:00 PM More reviews by georgiak

I think this is an ok product for the money. Next time I am going to try Matrix.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2003 2:02:00 PM More reviews by KarenCG

I did like this pretty well, but I prefer TIGI Root Boost (similar product), so I would most likely not repurchase this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2002 1:10:00 PM More reviews by beautifulscorpio83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

this is excellent on creating voluminous sexy hair, which i can't seem to get enough of.