October 21, 2014 | 1946 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Sephora - Makeup Base

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2014 1:21:00 PM More reviews by thepulptoyourfiction

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Very cheap and good enough.
In the midst of my hunt for a good primer, I realized how ridiculously expensive most of them are and settled with this one. Absolutely no complaints! Leaves skin feeling silky soft, even on days that I wake up to dry skin.

The size of the bottle is misleading though. The actual amount of primer is about half the bottle (nice marketing trick).

You might as well spend more on a good foundation and go with this cheap primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2012 8:05:00 PM More reviews by mtishawt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use Make Up For Ever Foundation and for a while I used their primer. This is a happy and welcome substitute. I get substantial use out of the whole bottle.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2009 7:34:00 AM More reviews by snkatha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Black

i bought this because it was a bargain. i suppose for the price i paid it was not that bad. however, i've dry skin and noticed that it made my face feel tight. I also didn't notice mush of a difference in my makeup's lasting power without it. i'll definitely not be getting this again

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2008 10:19:00 AM More reviews by Magixz

I decided to buy this primer over some of the other more expensive brands because of some reviews I read on Sephora.com. I do like saving money on items that are rarely seen if they do a good job. I have tried the high end primers, almost all of them. They do an ok job, but nothing worth bragging too much about. Some do the ball thing, hate that! We pay so much for a primer, apply as directed, and it balls under pressure anyway! LOL Not a fun thing to deal with when I am in a hurry to get to the job. It is a light cream with a tint of glisten to it. It does not affect my makeup color however, but actually is designed to show less signs of aging. I do love the light fragrance when applying. It is a creamy lotion rather than a clear gel yuckie thing. I like that too.
Up Date:
Had to change my opinion after using this product for a week or so. It does do the ball up thing. I tried using less, but it still balled up. The tint started to come out more and more as I used the tube also. It looked very dark in the mirror to me and was almost embarrassing to me to think it may of showed through with my foundation powder. ;-) I really wanted this primer to work for me. The price was better, the smell was nice, but the product did not deliver as it stated it would. I returned it and chose the Smashbox this time. The verdict is still out on this one. I will write a review later.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2008 3:53:00 AM More reviews by mariannetn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is more of a lightweight weight moisturizer than a primer. It has some light reflecting pigments that give the skin a glow, it sort of reminds me of a thinner version of MAC strobe cream. The glowy effects are erased after your foundation is applied. It doesnt seem to extend the wear of my foundation and it doesnt seem to have any oil control on the t-zone. I would not use it in the summertime when i have oiliness because i dont think it has any oil control properties, but in the winter when my skin is quite dry i can use it. However, i would not repurchase this product because i expect a primer to noticeably reduce my pores, smooth my skin and extend the life of my foundation, this primer only provides light moisturization and a bit of a glow.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2007 3:49:00 PM More reviews by queenbee19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

though this is my first primer, i am really satisfied with it thus far. comparing this with other primers at sephora, i felt this was just as good for a better price. someone else mentioned it was like smashbox's primer - it does feel a lot like that product. i use it after moisturizer, i smooth it onto my face with my fingers and then apply foundation, bronzer or concealer. it blends out the unevenness in my skin and really holds my foundation. it makes my skin look really smooth under my foundation. i don't have too much to compare against but so far, i really like it.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/19/2005 2:31:00 AM More reviews by kimshithuy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this thinking it was a gel primer, but instead it's almost like a moisturizer. I don't really like it, but I use it because I have alot of it. Thinking that a product is cheap from Sephora does not mean it works well.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/30/2005 8:25:00 PM More reviews by anne00

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product made me breakout!!! I did find that it did mattify. Besides breaking me out. I did not find the product to be great and I think it much to expensive for a mediocre product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2004 9:51:00 PM More reviews by liz712

I just bought sephora makeup base and I love it. I put the primer after my moisturizer , then I powdered my face to even out my skintone then some bronzer on the cheeks, forhead etc....and 10 hours later its still on. If you do put concealer make sure its cream otherwise liquid ones will run just a bit. Otherwise fabulous product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2003 12:02:00 AM More reviews by aprillia

Wow. I had the opposite experience of the last reviewer. It worked well to keep shine under control, and didn't sweat off. I think it just depends on your skin. Some people have good experience with silicone, and some don't. If you do, this is worth a shot. Not terribly expensive, gives a fabulous finish, and didn't break me out.