Pears - The Original Transparent Soap

Price: $

Price: $

sodium palmitate, natural rosin, glycerine, sodium cocoate, water, rosemary extract, thyme extract, pears fragrance essence 7/22/09

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I like the smell, I like the texture, and I like that it doesn't dry out my skin. I can't really describe the smell, but I did see one review describe it as "medicinal" which I disagree with. The texture is slimy because of the high glycerin content, but not in a gross way. I use it primarily on my body when I'm in the shower, so I can't comment on it as a face wash. I'll probably continue to alternate between using Pears and Dove beauty bars as body soap for the foreseeable future. Added bonus: I'm Indian, and this is all anyone used in India for years and years (like, my grandma uses this stuff) so it's kind of a pleasantly nostalgic product for me as well!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this for 2+ years and my skin is the best it's ever been. Used to have acne on my t zone, especially forehead, along with majorly clogged pores, oiliness, redness, and itchiness. I tried EVERY drugstore brand, oil cleansing method, all natural soaps, Proactiv, all salicylic acid/benzoyl peroxide/tea tree oil products, steaming, honey aspirin mask, clay masks, etc.

Turns out, less is more with skin care! Now I use this soap twice a day, followed by Cetaphil moisturizer. Holy mackerel. My skin has never looked so good. I don't even have to wear foundation any more. It took at least a month (probably closer to 2-3 months) to see the full effects of this soap, because my skin had to heal from the harsh acne products. Try it!!!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

The new formula burns my skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have really oily skin and my mum used to use this soap so she recommended it to me. I wouldn't say it is bad, but I won't say it's good either, because it hasn't really brought any difference to my skin. I have some acne on my skin and found that this soap made my skin realllllly dry but neither reduced not increased my break outs. And another minus is that I read online that facial soaps are really bad for the skin, it may be pore clogging but I'm not sure.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

one of the easiest ways to fix dry hands is to change your hand soap to one that is mostly glycerine. look at the ingredients...glycerine should near the top of the list for it to make a difference. if the glycerine is a bar soap, it will feel particularly odd at first; very slippery, with very little lather. i recommend cutting bar soaps into smaller pieces...they're easier to hang onto that way.

pears is the first soap that i started using that helped to alleviate my dry hands, which we all have from time to time. if you lean towards the gourmand or floral sort, pears' unique piney fragrance will leave something to be desired. then again, the price point and its ability to leave your hands softer than the average bar of soap might turn you into a fan. (it certainly worked on me.)

i kind of imagine it working on a man quite nicely, actually. i picked it up at a drugstore (i think it was rite aid, maybe walgreens?) for probably $2 or something. really cheap. recommended!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I use it in the shower, when I became allergic to feminine shower gels for intimate washing.

I've used it for years without a problem. My gynaecologist recommended it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

For reasons passing understanding my d/s ran out/stopped carrying/whatever my HG Neutrogena glycerin bar soap. I don't know what was up with that, especially since I couldn't find it at any d/s in town, but whatever. There are a number of cleansing bar soaps on the market, but I've never had great luck with them, so I picked up the only soap that looked similar - Pears. A 3 bar box costs about $3, which is what I was paying for a single bar of the Neutrogena and it works just as well and doesn't have the weird raw potato smell the Neutrogena does. I never used the "original" formula that everyone is lamenting the loss of, but, for me, this is an HG now. It cleanses my (dry, sensitive) skin without stripping it, irritating it, or otherwise causing more problems than it solves. And I like the scent. Call me weird, but whatever... it smells good to me though it only lasts until I wash it off.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

MAN...BUMMER.
I loved this stuff in my young married life. The smell reminds me of playful showers with my beloved. I picked a box up on a whim and didn't think to check the ingredients. I did when I took a shower and stepped out covered in hives..I felt like crying, literally. The formula has changed for the sake of corporate greed...the ingredients are no better than dishsoap now.
Boo & HISS @ you Pears.

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Medium

This is the worst-smelling soap I've ever used. Ever. It has a medicinal almost industrial cleaning fluid smell. It did lather well, which I appreciate, and is the reason I gave it two stars. But I find the smell extremely unpleasant and could only use it once. Yuck!

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Went to walmart yesterday hoping that they had the neutrogena cleansing bar :( bad luck my mom suggested that i should get pears soap.... On my first day of using it my skin felt soft but a little sticky on my hands... hoping to see some good results!

Popular Body Skincare Products