April 18, 2014 | 1920 users online

Lip Gloss - Clinique - Sunset Glosswear Sheer Shimmers

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2008 7:24:00 PM More reviews by Angieshel

I bought this because it reminded me of Origins Pink Sands but it is indeed slightly different. It lacks the pinkish hue of the Origins and I'm not crazy about the smell of Sunset. It's ok as a short term substitute for Origins Pink Sands but I probably will not repurchase this product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2007 5:49:00 PM More reviews by abcx123

The only thing I liked about this was the colour. It didn't last long and the gloss dried out my lips so much that it I had specifically go out and buy balm with menthol to soothe them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2007 9:26:00 PM More reviews by carriespooner

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love it. Not expensive. Not sticky. I'm NW20 and it looks terrific with my skin tone. I use a neutral liner and fill in with Sunset for an easy going look.
Love the scent. Reminds me of one I had when I was a teenager. Sigh..

Sure, I'll buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2006 10:39:00 PM More reviews by kwhite1122

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this gloss! It doesn't dry out my lips and its not really sticky (like Clinique's tube gloss you squeeze). I am on my second tube and they last me a really long time since I don't wear them everyday. I fair skinned and I think it works great.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2005 1:32:00 AM More reviews by dreamer81

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sunset glosswear is a sheer sheer. thin-textured shimmery coppery-pink! Beautiful color, i just wish the gloss itself was a little more thick/creamy. Regardless, it is a nice shade, and no major complaints. A very good "safe" gloss that i feel would work on a ton of different complexions. I'm an nc30-35 yellow/olive gal, and although i like this, i would not rebuy. It just isn't unique enough.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2005 12:37:00 AM More reviews by Jenn42

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A sheer raspberry gloss with a gold/coppery shimmer. I love this color in the summer, a little sticky and a little expensive but I haven't found this shade in less expensive glosses, plus the tube is a decent size. Will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2005 7:36:00 AM More reviews by emalily

I love this gloss - definitely my-lips-but-better. I'm a pale, neutral-to-cool toned redhead and it really suits me. Looks dark in the tube but applies very sheerly. Works really well with peachy eyes or blush.

This is the only thing I've received in a Clinique GWP that I've purchased in full-size.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2004 5:24:00 PM More reviews by Glossaholic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A very pretty gloss from Clinique. In the tube it is a frosted copper, but it very sheer and light when applied. A bit too frosted for everyday wear, IMHO, but a great neutral for night, especially with dramatic eyes!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2004 10:49:00 PM More reviews by carinnemj

Received in a GWP, I didn't think this was a color that would work for me (LLL/neutral) but now that I've got a decent tan, Sunset surprised me! A peach-bronze that applies more creamily and yet sheerly than you'd expect, it goes great with colors like NARS South Beach blush and a warm pink or coppery eyeshadow. Feels good, no taste. I can't imagine this working on cool-toned women but in this summer, I'll be looking forward to a pretty Sunset every night.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2004 1:24:00 PM More reviews by Purplina

Being a glossaholic, this seemed like a perfect addition to my collection. It provides a nice hint of colour, not overpowering, and moisturizes the lips at the same time. It has a little tack to it, but not overly sticky. The tube is good quality, but does not do the product justice for overall aesthetics. The colour did appear brown and dense upon first review, but no comparison once the product was applied. It does provide a little more colour with a hinted sheen. Did not feel heavy on the lips, and was a pleasure to wear! Price wise, it was worth moving out of the drugstore scene!