October 21, 2014 | 1938 users online

Blush - MAC - Dame

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2014 12:46:00 PM More reviews by harrup

What happened to this previously fantastic cool toned pink blush????

MAC's "Dame" used to be one of my favourite blushes - especially during the cooler months when my fair skin was even fairer. The satin finish prevented it from looking flat, dry and powdery ( lets just say that a true matte blush is NOT a great finish on my 50 yr old skin).

Repurchased this blush 3 times and this time something VERY odd is going on. Whilst the colour looks the same in the pan, it doesn't transfer from the pan to the brush never, mind to my cheeks. Its almost like they forgot to add the pigments or something. Bizarre. So I valiantly swirl and sweep - zero blush pay off. Nothing. I hate to say it but virtually EVERY product I've repurchased from MAC of late has been a dud. Their prior velvety eyeshadows are invariably a horrid texture, won't stick to the lids and have fallout like the cheapest of the cheap. The lippies are either greasy and smeary or super drying and now the blushers have seemingly gone downhill, too. What a pity. MAC products, in their hayday, were phenomenal. I hope a new company comes and takes their prior place.

Don't bother with this blush - you might as well just physically pinch your cheeks for a better and longer lasting effect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2014 3:27:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is one of those blushes that doesn't look very exciting in the pan but is very pretty on. If you are fair skinned like me (NC15) and have to proceed with caution and a very light hand with most blushes you will love Dame. it's quite a novelty and enjoyable to be able to apply a blush quite liberally without turning myself into a clown.

So even on my skin tone this needs to be built up, but it translates as the most natural looking flush of pink, layered and buffed in I find the pigmentation of this blush good and it lasts all day. I really love the natural looking pink and find it goes with any make-up look.

My favourite way to apply this is with the RT Stipple brush or the ELF Flat top powder and to really buff it in so it looks like a natural flush. This blush looks beautiful with a highlight such as High beam or Too faced Candlelight glow duo - or anything similar.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/7/2014 5:31:00 PM More reviews by hendenm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What a disappointment. This satin finish blush has little colour pay off/pigmentation. I had to literally scrape the pan to see any colour. Other satin finish blushes by mac I have had no problem with. The colour is great but I shouldn't have to scrape the pan.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2014 6:36:00 AM More reviews by runwayartist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Ballerina pink with a tiiiiiiny amount of shimmer. Perfect for fair skintoned girls as it's not too bold and it gives a really healthy and natural look on the cheeks. The duration of it is not that great, you definitely will have to re-apply it after 2-3 hours. The pigmentation is not the best too, you definitely have to load your brush with a considerable amount of powder to make the blush visible on your cheeks.
I wouldn't repurchase it as I've already hit pan and I will search for a more pigmented pink blush.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2014 6:03:00 PM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

MAC has really good products, but I'm not a big fan of their blush. This is a really pretty color, but it doesn't have very good pigmentation. I'm fair, and I had to pile it on to even be able to see it! I like them to be more pigmented, so you don't go through them as fast. I returned it, and just put the money towards a Nars blush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2013 10:31:00 PM More reviews by Sage6o4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Liking Dame a lot, it's a very nice, soft neutral pink that I imagine would work well on most skin tones. Pretty pigmented, and build-able which I really like, I also like the texture, smooth and matte, but not chalky or dry. Good staying power, and can be worn with a lot of different looks. Personally, I like my blushes to have a bit more peach in them, which is why I didn't give Dame a top score, I also said I wouldn't re-purchase because I've never come close to hitting pan on a blush (rarely use them). But that's more of a personal preference thing than anything to do with the quality of the product. Would definitely recommend to anyone who's looking for a great, easy to wear, basic pink.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2013 7:08:00 PM More reviews by tootswoots

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have a lot of blush (it's my favorite MU to buy :)

Dame is a pretty pink shade that looks very natural. I'm NC 20ish and this shows up slightly, I kinda have to pile it on but i like the color it gives me. I think it's definitely a winter time pale skin blush for me. In the summer I usually put it on top of other colors because I like the finish and for extra dimension.. Doubt I would buy it again as there's too many pretty colors out there to choose from...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2013 10:00:00 AM More reviews by materialface

I've had Dame for almost a year now, and this was my everyday blush for several months. To me it has a bit of blue undertones in it and I wish it didnt, but that just means i should buy one of MAC's many other blushes to choose from without it. I am fair skinned and I use my MAC 129 brush with this blush. It does take quite a bit of product to get some color on my skin. However, I havent even hit pan yet so its ok.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2013 11:45:00 PM More reviews by monroebrooklyn81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am obssesed with MAC so I do own alot of there blushes,It is my favorite brand so far and I do own Dame and it is a nice color,pretty pink, more natural looking to me so I use it sometimes, It isn't my favorite color but might buy again...with MAC there are so many color choices so I explore but I myself like the brighter colors and my favorite are the mineralize ones with shimmer:)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2013 1:04:00 PM More reviews by Avyola

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is pretty much the perfect colour for my skintone. It just makes me look healthy and alive! This really is my go to blush. And I really think that it's a great colour but it isn't something very special or unique. It's just a pink blush with blue/cool undertones. Though I am very glad that there aren't a lot of shimmers in it, because then It can look a little bit too glittery for a normal day when I am also using MAC's lightscapade. But I will buy it again if I will ever finish this!