October 24, 2014 | 1813 users online

Candles - Agent Provocateur - Six Scents

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2010 11:50:00 AM More reviews by 135792468

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Burning all 6 candles together creates quite the powerhouse effect. To me it isn't all that similar to the Agent Provocateur fragrance as it's sweeter and less rose-centred. I am also not keen on the packaging simply because I'm not really a very pink person and they don't match anything in any room in my flat but I like the black silhouette designs. I am now burning them all individually and will update this review as I go along.

Tease: I thought this one was the lightest when I smelled them all unlit but it turns out it's supposed to be the heart notes of the fragrance (saffron, magnolia, rose, jasmine and ylang ylang). It has very good throw and is a complicated floral fragrance. I know it's intended for the bedroom and it's more suited to that than to the living room where I usually burn candles as it's a bit feminine and generally a bit much. I would give this 4 lippies for objective quality and 3 for my personal taste.

Seduce: This is the top notes (magnolia and saffron). This is a big disappointment compared to Tease. There is no throw whatever. It's just not a strong enough scent for a candle on its own. I would give this 1 lippie.

Caress: This is also the heart notes (rose, jasmine and ylang ylang). It's a very very faint rose. I would give this 1 lippie though it's better than Seduce.

Flirt: This is the base notes (sandalwood, cedar, gaiac wood and vetiver). This has great throw but I find it powdery, sickly and cloying. 1 lippie subjectively though it's probably worth 4 if you like the smell.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2005 3:25:00 PM More reviews by dana

The candles smell ok, but they are disappointingly small. I love the frosted pink votive cups they came in, though it still doesn't justify the high price. They lasted less than ten hours when I burned them. (They were supposed to last for twenty.) There are so many better smelling, bigger, less expensive, candles on the market. I will give it to AP, they market well, but like most of their products, it is selling a image and not quality.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2004 8:22:00 AM More reviews by kellyrcooper

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I recieved these candles from my boyfriend for christmas, and I have to say I was a little disappointed. Two of the candles were the same, even though they were wrapped up, but I am sure that has to do with the store he bought them at. I do not really like the smell of these candles at all. I have learned to like the smell of the Sauce, but these are simply too much for me to handle. The glass candle holders are wonderful, though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2003 9:50:00 PM More reviews by mtvsux

Sneaky me, i got them off ebay for $28 instead of the $59 they retail for in stores here. I may have bought them full price, but $10 a candle is a little painful. Right now i am burning 'Tease', which i have on the way in full gargantuan size (150 hours). Tease is Powdery and dark at the same time. Fills the bedroom w/ a seductive scent. These candles are for entertaining only. Not for kitchen or daytime use, but for a night entertaining in the budoir. I love about 3 out of the 6. They're super cute but it's like, where to you put them? there's freakin' 6 of them! i can't think of a really sexy way to arrange them. the big huge pink one is easier to look budiour-ey, not worth $60 though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2003 3:27:00 PM More reviews by jjff

Opening a box of these highly fragrant candles, so eloquently described by Jenny, is like smelling a bottle of AP's signature fragrance, but once the six are separated, the different aspects of the composition become evident in each one. My favorite is Kiss, scented with amber, musk and a touch of vanilla. Interestingly, I have realized that the candle I like the best is the one that smells the least like AP fragrance, which is too heavy and nauseating for my taste (to make the long story short, I loved the Body Sauce and made the mistake of trying the EDP, which ruined the fragrance for me). If you are one of the fans of AP in Eau de Parfum, you should be able to enjoy these candles a whole lot more. They are, after all, of excellent quality and have a remarkably strong throw.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2002 1:23:00 PM More reviews by jennyb

This is actually a set of six differently-fragranced candles, each presented in a flesh pink glass tumbler with a silhouetted Bond-style naughty lady in black decorating each. Weights are annoyingly not given, but I would guess each candle is about half the size of a Diptyque one, or just a little smaller than an Aveda. They claim 20 hours burning time. Each of the scents picks up on a different aspect of the original AP scent, so while they're not the same, there's a common theme to each one. The six scents are, as per the enclosed leaflet, SEDUCE saffron and magnolia, CARESS rose, jasmin and ylang ylang, TEASE saffron, magnolia, rose, jasmin and ylang ylang, FLIRT sandalwood, cedar, guica wood and vetivert, STRIP amber, musk, guica wood and vetivert, and KISS powder musk, skin musk and penetrated amber. I didn't care much for the original scent, not that it's unpleasant, just that it's something I wouldn't wear myself. The candles are a much more palatable way of enjoying its floral, musk and spicy notes for me. I am currently burning TEASE, which is throwing off a delightful spicy rose aroma. The scents and the packaging of these candles make them perfect for the bedroom but maybe a little girly for the rest of the house. Price is a very reasonable 39 for six. I will update this review once I've burned my way through a few more!