December 19, 2014 | 1149 users online

Eyes - Hard Candy - Pin-Up eyeshadow quad

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2002 2:07:00 AM More reviews by Girlie88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Cute little compact and nice colors if you can pull them off. There was a Brownish Purple Glitter color that felt a bit gritty (eekk) and was a tad difficult to apply, a chocolate brown color, a copper color and the tanish highlighter. This was one of my favorite because of the Copper color.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2002 2:03:00 PM More reviews by leysa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This quad is okayish to me; if I want neutral shades, I usually reach for Wallflower before this one. Two of the colors aren't bad - Hustler is a nice, medium shimmery chocolate brown, and Flirt is a pretty, light yellow-gold (think Urban Decay's Snow). But the other two colors...Vegas is SUPER bright metallic orange. If I blend it in enough with Flirt, it's wearble, but otherwise it's way too much. And Grind I wanted to love - it's dark brown with iridescent glitter. Unfortunatly, this is one of Hard Candy's bad glitter colors - it is extremely dry and gritty. If you just run your finger over the top, you can tell how gritty it is. It doesn't even go on wet well. Sigh. I think Hard Candy was right to discontinue this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2001 9:30:00 AM More reviews by CindyLou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

can I rave ANY more about hard candy shadows? The quads are pretty pricey ($35 for one) but you ARE getting four shadows for that money, all stored in an adorable mirrored compact with two applicators (one angled liner/definer brush, one double-end sponge applicator), housed in a stretchy holographic-pouch.

My Pin-Up case (which has been discontinued) contains
GRIND: deep rainbow-shimmer eggplant
VEGAS: high-iridescent rich orangy-copper (like a shiny new penny but deeper)
HUSTLER: iridescent chocolate that goes on a medium-light brown
FLIRT: light iridescent goldenrod

These colors are absolutely WONDERFUL. I can use this compact everyday, taking my look from day to night with just the change of a few colors and intensity. I use GRIND as my night-time eyeliner, HUSTLER as a perfect daytime liner that "opens" your eyes and makes you look awake with its shine. It's also great as a daytime eyecolor--not too much shimmer to wear to work
FLIRT goes on my browbone to highlight and VEGAS is just a fun color to play around with, either lining the upper lid, defining the crease, or all over for a stunning look!

if you have a chance to purchase these quads, PLEASE do! Hard Candy takes all the guesswork out of it by packaging coordinating colors to suit your mood, all you have to do is play with them, use your imagination and have some fun!