Neutrogena Moistureshine Lipgloss in Chic

4.3

on 2/23/2011 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought mine at big lots for $2, just to simply try it. I'm asian, NC35 in summer, NC30 winter, i was hoping the color would look a little bit darker or more pinker/redder, but it totally matches my natural lip color which is what i've been looking for. it's not thick and sticky like MAC's Viva La Glam lip glosses (no offense, i love Viva La Glam), and it's not glittery, it's true to its name.. a MOISTURE SHINE gloss... the only reason why i wouldn't give it a 5 is because when i ate last night after putting on the lipgloss, it totally lost its shine, compared to other glosses I've tried, they still keep the shine. But that's still fine with me, i usually dont put on lipgloss when i know im about to eat anyway, if i could find it again for $2 I'd definitely purchase again.
It's my first Neutrogena lipgloss i've ever purchased.. it's for those days when you just wanna have a simple natural/effortless look. the color isn't too strong on my lips, so i dont have to wear anything on my eyes.
it reminds me of my Sonia Kashuk lipgloss in "Sophisticated" color, which is also a natural/nude color, except for Sophisticated had a more orangey undertone, whereas Moistureshine in CHIC has more of a reddish/pinkish undertone which is much much more flattering on me and shows more color, but not toooo much color. I think it can even pass for my natural lip color, as if im just wearing a clear gloss, but my real lip color is a few shades lighter actually, which is what i love about this gloss, gives me color in a natural way. I hope to try Moistureshine's other colors if i find them at a good price too.

on 10/1/2010 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

My fave lip gloss

on 2/24/2010 7:25:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

My favorite lip gloss. It's the perfect "natural but better" lip color. Unfortunately, it's been discontinued. But Neutrogena just relaunched the Moistureshine lip glosses, and the shade called Pure Cider is the perfect replacement.

on 3/4/2009 3:57:00 AM

A gorgeous, warm peachy-caramel shade. I'm a pretty pale Asian with pink-yellow undertones and this shade makes me glow. These lip glosses leak, though. I've bought several Neutrogena glosses in different shades and they all leak. A fatal design flaw since I can't carry it around with me. But the color deserves a 5.

on 2/28/2009 5:42:00 PM

I hated this lipgloss on me. I ran out and bought it because it had such great reviews. When I put this on I look terrible. Will never repurchase.

on 1/3/2009 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Flirt, dream and swizzle are my favorite glosses.

on 12/7/2008 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Love it. Not too sticky, decent staying power for a gloss. Very nice, natural shade. Also have Flirt and Dream, and love them all.

I am a lip product junkie and it is very very rare for me to a) use a product entirely before it turns or b) re-purchase. So when I say that i have been Chic - continually - for the last 5 or so years - it has that much more impact!

on 2/19/2008 12:38:00 AM

I think this color which shows up as a nude peach/pink on me would look good on almost everybody. It is scented and doesn't last long. It isn't sticky and is quite easy to apply.

on 2/14/2008 9:24:00 AM

This is my HG gloss - I really love the color!! The texture is good, too. I have one in every purse b/c it's such a natural color on me - very "my lips but better".

Recommended for Medium Skin