August 27, 2014 | 1850 users online

Powders - Urban Decay - Surreal Skin

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2013 6:31:00 PM More reviews by xReMix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I personally love this makeup. I have completely disregarded the sponge applicator that comes with it though. Tried using the sponge and felt like too much powder ended up on my face and that product was getting wasted by being stuck in the sponge. So now, after using this product for about a few years, I just tap some product out onto a sheet of tissue (a little bit goes a long way), and then use a big fluffy brush to apply (tapping off excess product before applying). It goes on looking a bit powdery, but after it sets on your skin it looks natural, and I feel like it stays on for the whole day.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/15/2012 12:50:00 PM More reviews by Lulusewsews

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm so disappointed with this mineral foundation :( The palest shade, Illusion, still goes on with a yellowy/orange cast, so definitely not for those with a cool skin tone.

Aside from the colour problems, the applicator is a total nightmare. You're lucky if you get any product on your face at all, so I took it off the first day I got it like many others have.

The actual powder gives little to no coverage, and actually accentuates problematic areas on my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2011 4:30:00 PM More reviews by thepinkhedgehog

I bought this online in the Mirage shade - big mistake. It's far too dark for my pale skin and looks very heavy on. I do quite like the formulation though, and have used a tiny bit, buffed in with a kabuki brush as a finishing powder which works really well, however until urban decay start to cater for those of us with cool toned skins I won't be re buying

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2010 1:09:00 AM More reviews by Nikkay2Desire

I am a deep skin tone so my UD was "Fantasy" Either way when I originally ran across this, they hadn't started making deeper tones of it yet- so when I finally saw they did I had to jump on it. I must say I LOVE this- Now mind you I have a million foundations and mineral usually isn't my choice because my skin gets blotchy sometimes, and I need more coverage- This did the trick! The only thing I do not like is the fact you kinda have to beat your face with the sponge.. BLEH wish you could crew the top off and apply it with a brush- I'm sure it's be 20X's better. Either way I intend to keep this in my collection. I ususally get a bit oily after about 4 hours of make up so i just use UD De-Slicked and I'm good for another 3 hours or so.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2010 10:29:00 PM More reviews by pixelprincess

This is a great sheer coverage powder that leaves my skin looking dewy and covered - not cakey like some other powders. This also doesn't provide a lot of coverage. I use it over a tinted moisturizer and get just enough coverage. If I have a blemish I use this to set the concealer as well. Completely on it's own I don't notice any "coverage" at all - maybe a little smoothing or blending effect if anything.
For me, the way I use it it works wonderfully. On very hot days or after exercise, or something it needs to be reapplied a few times. In an office environment though it should last all day.
I hate packaging. It's not hard to use or anything but I think it is difficult to get all of the product out. I hate paying for product I will never be able to get to to use. Additionally, I tried to take the sponge top off but found it too difficult to apply with a brush. Overall this product worked when applied for my combination with an oily-T zone skin when applied using the suggested poof application.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2010 2:06:00 AM More reviews by Annessa

This is my absolute favorite mineral powder foundation. I first purchased this 2 years ago, during a friends & family promotion (30% off), so the price wasn't too bad. Since then, I've been a loyal fan! It also lasted around 6-7 months with daily usage. What I love most about this is that it gives good coverage without needing to apply too much, and it looks natural throughout the day without getting too oily like other foundations (dewy is a better way to describe it). I have relatively clear skin, though... occasional blemish from time to time, but this covers minor acne scars quite well. I am Asian with light skin and the shade, Illusion, was a perfect match. I'm a little darker during the summer, so I might have to buy a darker shade. I tried Bare Escentuals, and the color match was awful and I didn't like the way it started to look cakey after a couple hours. Urban Decay surreal skin mineral foundation is much, much better for me. The only complaint I have is the packaging. I don't like using the puff that it comes with, so I use my own brush.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2010 5:26:00 PM More reviews by violetsky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

If you've got some money to spend, like cute packaging, and don't need a lot of coverage - Surreal Skin is for you. The packaging is purple and round and actually pretty convenient with the twist-close. I've been using this for about a year and my sponge has really only popped off once, and if you put it back in the right way, you won't have problems with it again.

I know it's a powder and wasn't expecting long-lasting coverage, but I had high hopes. Worn in fall in California, don't expect it to last past noon. It definitely came off even without sweating. At the beach in summer, didn't even last an hour. But for the hour it lasted, it really did make my skin look surreal for a simple powder. Also, very light but buildable. Didn't clog my pores, and came in a variation of choices.

Pro's: Good color selection, nice buildable coverage, convenient packaging, didn't clog pores
Con's: Comes off in humidity very quickly, can look caky as all powders can, kind of pricey for the little you get

Overall: If you want a very light powder and don't need a lot of coverage, here you go!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2009 6:21:00 PM More reviews by lisamdougherty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff. I bought this instead of my usual BE because of the color issues I am having right now with BE being between tan skin and winter skin. It gives GORGEOUS coverage, but the packaging is AWFUL. I just got a clean little tupperwear container and put it in that. Beautiful finish, med coverage (people need to realize that mineral make up does not give full, mask like coverage). It lets your skin show through, but blurs the flaws. You get a glowy look with this, which I love, although not as much as BE. I think it's my new HG!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2009 5:06:00 AM More reviews by hollydolly1083

Not impressed! I hate the mask like feeling of most liquids and after the sparking reviews I got from many different websites I decided to try it. I wasn't impressed at all. I bought the vision because I am half mexican so I have more of an olive complexion. I will say a little goes a long way but it is a bit to dark. Doesn't really cover and coverage is HUGE for me. Would recommend to try but I won't buy again. C

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2008 4:57:00 PM More reviews by ldylushess

I bought this as an alternative for Bare Minerals, which I find extremely unflattering and irritatingly sparkley. This UD mineral foundation was great! It is semi-matte, and when u ditch the puff, and apply with a kabuki, gives great coverage! I used it for the beach and when I may need to pull an all nighter, and it stays on great and doesnt make me break out! I am really tan right now, so i wear a NC43 in MAC, and I got the shade Mirage. Love it! and its relatively cheap, so I would definately buy it again. I don't really care for the packaging, but its a loose powder, so I guess the packaging couldn't be improved that much anyway.