October 1, 2014 | 1179 users online

Fragrances - Histoires de Parfums 1804

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2013 3:52:00 PM More reviews by Marybeth818

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This starts with a very strong pineapple juice smell and then there is a strong patchouli smell. I am sure there is more to it than that but those are the two very striking aspects that made a distinct impression on me. The pineapple is like drinking a glass of pineapple juice - it's a realistic and strong pineapple - which I would be open to, but unfortunately I don't like fruitchoulis. As fruitchoulis go, however, I would classify it as a quality product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2011 5:03:00 PM More reviews by HelenVanPattersonPatton

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

There are so many issues going on with 1804 that I feel confused. The name ('Georges Sand 1804'--the year she was born) certainly lead me to think I was going to get one type of scent when, in fact, I was given the exact opposite. Is this part of the representation of an historical figure who did the opposite of what was expected of women in her time? If so, it's an interesting take on flipping the script, so to speak.
If I take the name factor out, I'm less confused, though not completely out of the dark. Pineapple is one of my least favorite notes in a fragrance. I enjoy Bahiana from time to time, but I *must* be in the mood for it; otherwise I'm in for several hours of a slight queasy feeling. No other pineapple works for me. I also do not like peach, with the exception of the now discontinued Renee Snowpeach and Soivohle Peche et Vert (and some very slight peach in scents like Chinatown).1804 begins with both, but I kind of like it! The two are given a slight creaminess because a little gardenia is tucked away between them. After that initial phase,1804 morphs and turns in a number of directions, many of which include sweet florals and spices with an amber and benzoin base that maintains a fair amount of dominance thus keeping the scent under control. Perhaps I'm not as confused as I originally thought: interesting, unexpected, morphs and twists...Georges Sand. I get it. I think.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2010 4:02:00 PM More reviews by chrystelica

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This smells like a white lifesaver, the artificial-sweet pineapple scent/flavor. It isn't too girly-sweet, but overall not something I'd particularly want to smell like. There are other notes in the base, namely a dash of clove or nutmeg, very slight. Nothing to write home about. My daughter likes this, but I'm not a huge fan.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2009 10:13:00 AM More reviews by tessture

Boy, first on, this nearly had me running for the soap. Harsh, loud citrus/vanilla/sandalwood, one of my all-time most dreaded combinations. But I waited and I'm glad. Very quickly, it faded down into a less nasty version of this combination, and as time wore on, it mellowed into a very lovely vanilla/citrus with touches of wood and maybe one single flower blooming in the shadows. As much as I have always disliked vanilla/citrus, this one works beautifully, possibly because it's heavier on the vanilla than the citrus and the wood is a faint note in the background without adding dry sharp edges. This is pretty, soft and mild and while I like it very much--surprised me, I must say--it doesn't exactly suggest George Sand to me either. Misnamed, I think, but lovely nonetheless.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2007 6:21:00 AM More reviews by veruska

oh my!When i put the perfume on a big number of people commented favourably.It had loads of appeal.The start had a surprisingly fresh and good pinneapple start that after 15 min revealed a gorgeous heart of rose mixed with a heady honeyed flower(something tropical perhaps?).I think it's very classy and elegant but it fades too soon and for the next 1 hour it becames clean smelling with a touch of sandalwood.If only it was longer lasting...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2002 11:46:00 PM More reviews by Venda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A beautiful and exquisite line of perfumes, eaux de colognes and home scents.
Tonight I'm trying first in the line 1804. Inspired by George Sand and I can quiet picture her wearing this fragrance.
Fruity, sensuous, warm and somewhat sharp. It is an opulent and long lasting eau de parfum more suitable for evening or in a very small quantity for daytime.
It develops nicely and slowly into a very broad and memorable fragrance.
The notes are:
Peach, Apricot, Pineapple, Banana, Spices, Jasmine, Lily of the Valley, Rose, Lilac, Sandalwood and Vanilla.