December 21, 2014 | 1545 users online

Makeup Brushes - Smashbox - Eyeshadow Blending #3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 9:42:00 PM More reviews by akneil

This shadow brush picks up product like i've never seen before. I actually had to be lighter on the shadow because being used to my other brushes, i was pressing too hard and picking up wayyyy too much.
It really is an amazing brush. I found it at Winners for 9.99.... what a steal.
Bristles are super soft and hold on to product extremely well. Lovely application and a nice large size for blending.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2011 2:16:00 AM More reviews by notoriouskkg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Best eyeshadow brush I own! It does everything for me (except liner, of course). It has very sleek styling, as well. I got it on sale at Ulta with a beautiful plum eyeshadow quad for only $10, but I will pay whatever price to get a new one if I ever lose or break this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2011 12:43:00 AM More reviews by fairlady01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This brush does it all! I got rid of my MAC #239 and #217 (I'm sick of taking forever doing my eye makeup in the morning!) and kept this one and the #219. Not sure whether or not to keep my MAC #224. I do feel like the #224 is a bit better at controlling my blending than this brush, but that's getting pretty nitpicky.

Most mornings I just reach for this brush and do a quick wash and crease color in less than a minute. The Smashbox #3 is perfect for the outer V and even smudging along the lower lashline due to its flat, tapered wide end and soft bristles. I got this for $9 on ebay. Best makeup investment I've made! I'm just sorry I didn't find this before droppin' the dough on my MAC eyeshadow brushes. Get one for cheap before everyone finds out about them, ladies! ;)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2011 5:06:00 PM More reviews by lehzheng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This brush is HUGE! I mean, for an eyeshadow brush, it's huge! Not that it's bad, it's great for a very lazy person like me who uses only 2-3 shadows when I'm in a big hurry. This is the first eyeshadow brush i've bought that is department store so I really cant compare it to other dept store brands. i have a brush set from ecotools, but i guess you can pretty much tell that the difference between ecotools and this is pretty wide. Ecotools brushes are denser, but they dont pick up as much pigment as this one does. Also, there's something luxurious about the red handle that I like. Oh yeah, the middle part of the handle is kinda chunky. It's not straight cut like some brushes, but I like it that way. i'm thinking about getting another brush from smashbox, it's great! Or maybe I can splurge on a MAC eyeshadow brush? hmmm... If anyone can give me suggestions on essential eyeshadow brushes, please do send me a message! I wont buy this again coz I have a feeling this will last me a long time. =D Oh yeah, got this from ebay for $8.00 from auction. lol Okay, I've had a couple of mac brushes now, BUT I still prefer this one. Unlike the mac ones I have, the bristles stay nice and shiny after wash. Also, the bristles stay quite soft! after several washings! Saves a lot of time too! I like that the print doesnt rub off like MAC. Great brush! totally recomend!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2011 11:25:00 PM More reviews by octoraro

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

love, love, love! One of my all-time favorite brushes.
Best investment!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2010 3:44:00 PM More reviews by iuhooch625

Amazing brush. I can't believe I ever lived without it. I use it mainly for blending. A couple swipes over my eyes with this brush after I have applied shadows, and it looks like an expert did my eye makeup. There is nothing negative about this brush. It's also great to apply an allover color to your eye - it's big enough to cover everything quickly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2009 3:22:00 PM More reviews by ktdetails

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

How much time has this brush saved me?
Really.
How many times have I used my MAC 239 or 213 to apply my all over lid color - dipping and redipping into shadow - just to get Brule as my base color.?
With the Smashbox #3 - one swipe - and I'm good.
It might seem like a fraction of time - but I swear I've been getting my eyes done like 2 minutes faster since using this brush. Which matters to me. I love putting on makeup - I think it's fun and creative - but sometimes you just wanna get it done. This brush is kinda pricey but so worth it to me.
It's soft, it doesn't shed.
It's like a hybrid of a 239 and a 227 - less dense than the 227 but wider and longer than the 239 --- but with a slightly tapered tip - which is good to get in the inner corner of your eye. Great brush.

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2009 6:50:00 AM More reviews by pinksnowbunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

love this brush, perfect for blending or applying color all over the lid.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2009 5:44:00 PM More reviews by designedbylife

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just bought the Decadence Vanity Brush Collection a while ago and this brush was included. I'm really happy with this brush, out of the seven brushes I got this is definitely one of my favorites. At first I thought that it was a little bit on the large side, but then again that's really good for applying eyeshadow all over the lid since it only takes a few strokes and you're good to go. It's not too dense, not too fluffy, not too soft and not too firm - if you would only buy one eyeshadow brush, this is the kind of brush to get.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2008 7:29:00 PM More reviews by masaya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This brush is incredibly soft, yet dense enough to do the blending. This is the first eye brush that I bought and used for everything. Now th at I have some MAC eye brushes, I still turn use this brush a lot. If I'm in a rush that I can't be bothered to switch brushes, this is the one brush I use. Picks up pigment well, applies the color smoothly and blends harsh lines easily. Since it's a wide brush, I use the tip when I need to apply to a smaller area. Even though I already have some travel brushes, I still bring this along instead because I can do a whole eye look with this brush alone. I can't get over how soft this brush is! Makes me enjoy doing eye makeup more.