Biore Pore Cleansing Strips - Nose

3.0

Polyquaternium-37, Silica, Water, Glycerin, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide, Methylparaben.

I regret purchasing these twice, thinking maybe they will eventually work. They remove a bit of the nasty stuff, but barley anything for me. Over time, I think they made me produce more blackheads and whiteheads.

I also had a hard time getting the strip off my nose, like another reviewer mentioned. I tried everything, but it was always so painful and felt like I was ripping my skin off.

Overall, I think it would be much better to find a different method than these strips. They are only temporary, if they even give you any results. They eventually get pricey too.

The proof is in the strip. I use these 3-4 times a month to clear the gunk out of my pores. I've found that if my nose is too wet on application that the strip isn't as effective for me. A slightly damp nose results in more gunk on the strip.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I give this product a 4/5 review with consideration for what kind of product this is - namely a quick fix, "satisfying in the moment" kind of product. The 4 lippies are for how good this is compared to other pore cleansing stripes - not how good it is in "eliminating" pores, because no product like this can ever do that. That being said, these pore strips picks up more than the other strips I've tried have. Those would be Nivea's and Formula 10.0.6's. They harden more, they stick to your skin much more, and as a result much more comes out. I find that those blackheads it doesn't get are much easier to get to afterwards, due to the strip having removed any dead skin that was "in the way" before. I know a lot of people find them painful, but I'm not one of them. I just revel in the mixture of grossness and amazement, every god damn time. Good result, for what it is.

I find these strips can very helpful sometimes with keeping my nose clear, clean, and smooth. I usually use these on a Friday or Saturday (i.e. end of week). After I take a shower (I figure my skin and pores are more "open" and still damp after a steamy shower, ). I leave it on for about 15 minutes, and after the strip is dry and stiff I then slowly peel it off. I try to do it slowly so it can remove as much gunk as possible. A few things I have noticed is that a strip's effectiveness, and the amount of discomfort I experience when pulling it off, varies from box to box (I have repurchased several times over the years). My skin type is normal-to-oily, sometimes very oily, skin (especially around T-zone area). I imagine it can be irritating to those who have sensitive skin. My skin is fairly stable (thankfully). I guess it's thicker in texture, too (and I have enlarged pores near my nose.) However, I only use these once a week, sometimes every other week. I would never consider using these strips more often than once a week (the "glue" on the strips can stick to my skin really well and sometimes requires effort to pull off). All in all, I like this product and will repurchase again and again for as long as Biore manufactures it. It is a bit expensive though for a box of 6 - 8 strips, in my humble opinion (therefore, I always look to buy it on sale with additional discount).

Love these things. It's like a big sticker that pulls all the gunk out of your pores.

I absolutely hate this product. It removed a few blackheads, but it's painful as hell to remove (even when I tried wetting the strip) and it doesn't work very well. I would definitely not recommend this product to anyone.

I've been using this for a time and they do great! I have very stubborn blackheads and I still do, but I hope I can get them off soon.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

These work great on me - I only used them once a week max, though, and now only when I remember (I'm less particular about these things now, and my skin has calmed down some). I do see warnings that are really good to know - people saying that it can cause damage/irritation? I always pulled these off very, very, very, very slowly. Yanking wouldn't get all of the impurities out as effectively, imho - because I could see how it would stretch while I pulled on the strip, so I pulled very carefully to get it all out rather than letting it just snap off. If you are using these, maybe try pulling them off extremely slowly to avoid the problems others are having - I also held my skin taut to stretch the pores open while pulling. But if this is damaging to people long term, regardless of how they are pulling it off....then that's obviously not good! I'm glad I reduced my usage, plus I have brown skin, so maybe I just didn't see any resulting redness as well. I am very curious to see if people mention whether this is more damaging depending on how they pull it off.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I wish I had a brain when I was in my teenage years. I would have never touched these if I knew what I know today about skincare science.

Sure it is satisfying to see the gunk get pulled from your pores. However, you are potentially doing a lot more harm than good. The *only* people that should be using pore strips are those with thick, tough skin. For everyone else that's like me, with thin sensitive skin, you can burst a TON of capillaries when you go to yank the pore strips off. It's not worth that. Broken capillaries are only treatable by lasers. Clogged pores however... have a ton of options. I would suggest you use a chemical exfoliator. If alpha hydroxy acids don't work for you (glycolic acid/lactic acid/mandelic acid) then give retinoids (Retin A) a chance.

I have had to pay $$$$$ for laser treatments for the broken capillaries around my nose. I still haven't undone all the damage from abusing my skin over the years. Please learn from my mistakes.

I love Biore strips, I don't understand the bad reviews. When I use them I have a warm shower to steam my face and open up the pores. After my shower I wet my nose with hot water and put the strip on for 15-20 mins. When I remove it there is always loads of gunk/blackheads on the strip. There is a few left on my nose but I don't expect them to all be removed.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

DIY: How To Remove Blackheads and Clean Dirty Pores on Your Nose by Ann Le {Anneorshine}

Top Rated Biore Products