August 30, 2014 | 1855 users online

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2014 12:22:00 AM More reviews by roxygirl234

Works great!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2014 2:23:00 AM More reviews by Doodleses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

"Rite of passage"! What a riot!
But yes, pore strips, for the uninitiated, are the baby steps into the world of skin care and makeup because pores and acne are what unite us all as humans. (Something to that extent.)

What the box doesn't tell you is that you should open your pores up before you wet the strip and place it on the place that is your face.

Steam your face. Splash with warm water or use a hot towel. Expose those black heads!
If the pore strips haven't been effective for you (I see a lot of 1-stars), you might just not be revealing those nasty pore boogers so the strip can latch on by the time the strip dries.

Anywho, my review and advice ends with "steam it, steam it good beforehand".

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2014 2:12:00 AM More reviews by Mollieismehehe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Biore pore strips are like a right of passage for beauty junkies. Everyone and their sister knows about this product, and there's a reason for that. It's fun! Biore's idea to extract blackheads and gunk from the pores on a white strip to be observed by the user is genius! They're popular because they're just so damn satisfying. I too enjoy seeing my white heads on display and knowing that i just removed this junk from my pores. However, this product is no miracle worker; at least, not for me. It removes some of the dirt and oil in your pores, but definitely not all of it. It works, to an extent, but it's not a life changer. I use these because they're an entertaining and fun way to clean my pores. I don't feel, though, that I have to have these strips as part of my routine.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2014 9:40:00 AM More reviews by Shony101

Boooo ! I didn't really have any blackheads before trying these but after using them twice I've been noticing blackheads on my nose so this stuff basically does the opposite of what it should. Will be throwing the rest of the pack out.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2014 3:39:00 PM More reviews by mmherman

These are just fun. I definitely don't think they do anything. Sure they pull out some white heads, but I could run my nail over my nose and get that gooky stuff myself. There is no pore shrinking. Those white heads fill right back up overnight practically.

I think these are just a right of passage. They are just a fun experiment, but no beauty staple.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/23/2014 3:34:00 PM More reviews by jenjenx2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried these out for fun with my sister for the first time when I was 18 .. even though I never even needed them.
I had a poreless nose (or rather not noticeable with the naked eyes as everyone has pores on their noses).
These have made them apparent and I was in a mini cycle where I had to use them once inawhile to open up my clogged pores, which have also caused blackheads.

I think this product makes pores larger as the product has to get into the pores to pull the suckers out and it basically.. .enlarges them.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/18/2014 6:45:00 AM More reviews by johnnsmithh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

strips don't really work. It claims to deep cleanse, but it doesn't. If you leave it on to long you can tear off some of your skin

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2014 1:17:00 PM More reviews by Alice000

I used these a lot as a teen, they are effective, but I recently found out that they can damage the small delicate blood vessels under the skin of your nose. Not a good look.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2014 3:01:00 AM More reviews by xkandiekissesx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros:
I am addicted to these pore strips. There is something psychologically satisfying seeing all the hardened sebum come out of your pores. I love staring at the cactus-looking strip after I'm done!

I also feel that after using a strip, the pores on my nose are visibly less noticeable for a few days. After that, it seems they gather enough dirt and grime from my daily make up use that they become enlarged again, but that's when I use another strip. No biggie.

I've been using these pore strips for a while and it takes a few times before you get used to how to best use them. I read somewhere that instead of using water like it says in the directions, you can try a toner and you may get better results. I would use a toner with a low content of alcohol to avoid too much skin irritation. I would also recommend using a strip after steaming your face, taking a hot shower, or washing your face with hot water for a few minutes. The strip has slits cut into them to give a better fit to various noses and fits my flat Asian nose just fine. When the nose strip dries, it will feel almost like paper mache. I get the best results from pulling very very slowly from each side of the strip (ex: left side first, almost to the middle, then the right side until the strip is completely removed).

I didn't feel that these are rough on my skin but i use them about 1-2 times per week and no more often than that. I think if I were to use to more often, then it would cause some unnecessary irritation and damage.

Cons:
They're a bit pricey. I wish they were cheaper. I've decided to try some Asian brands to see if I can find a better deal on an equivalent if not better blackhead strip.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 12:34:00 PM More reviews by honeyappleseed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

these are so great. i have such a problem with blackheads on my nose and this product pulls them right out . you can actually see the results. great find. love biore