October 21, 2014 | 1991 users online

Masks - Mario Badescu - Drying Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2014 9:50:00 PM More reviews by hopeintheink

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Honestly, the smell isn't THAT bad. I drop serious money on my skin care. Very serious. I went to Ulta (which I hate those soul sucking pricks) in order to try a new acne regimen. They didn't have the one I wanted but I just happened to see the Mario line. The acne kit (I always buy the trial sizes first) was the same price as the one I was looking for so I decided to give it a go. Some background: I am a two time cancer survivor and anyone who has ever been through chemo and radiation will know how much it royally messes up your skin. As well as many other things. I have been in remission for 3 years since the last round and for 3 years my skin has been a disaster. I won't lie and say I have tried everything because I am picky but I do have a Pinterest account so you can imagine what things I have tried (go ahead and nod since I know you have tried some crazy shit on there). I am really surprised how well this line works for me. This mask is amazing and I really like it. I use a old (clean) foundation brush to put it on to cut down on germs by sticking my hands in the jar. I do not use this every night but rather every other night. I use it on my entire face. On my off nights I use PTR's cucumber detox mask and leave it on all night. Nothing and I mean nothing will be more moisturizing and calming than that mask all while NOT breaking you out. I digress... This in combination with the acne line and other Mario products have been awesome for me. This isn't an overnight miracle but you don't wake up the next morning with your skin looking worse. Trust me, that is an accomplishment. So try it. If you don't like it, it isn't like it cost you an arm and a leg. Pass it on to others. What may not work for you might be a super hero for someone else. Good things take time so don't look for a instant cure because there isn't one. Don't convince yourself that you aren't pretty or are gross. Mama June has a boyfriend so let that sink in.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2014 7:19:00 PM More reviews by snowprinc3ss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS MASK! I usually buy masks just for fun, hoping that they will do something for my skin but this one actually makes my pores look like they never existed! It does dry out the skin though, so I moisturise heavily afterwards, thank goodness that I have oily skin. In regards to pimples, I am not sure if it does anything because my pimples heal very slow and I use other treatments for my acne as well. But I think it does prevent new ones from forming by clearing out your pores. Definitely worth a try! Oh, beware of the scent; it smells horrible!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2014 8:54:00 AM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a good clay based mask with some sulfur (which gives this mask a distinct stinky smell). Does a good job of drying out acne. Does not tingle like Queen Helene Mint Julep mask. Smooth application and rinses easily. Dry time is about 10 minutes for a thin layer. I just can't get pass the smell.

I just use it as on overnight spot treatment for acne.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2014 1:56:00 AM More reviews by McVeay

No it doesn't smell great but if it did it wouldn't be the refreshing nature of the fewer ingredient company. This is a basic clay mask, if drying mask help you with breakouts then you can't go wrong with this. Simple, smelly, but job well done.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2014 9:36:00 PM More reviews by ohdrdoctor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Sulfur smells like shit. I feel like I'm getting a cheap high from this mask. Oh well, it works for me! I would never tell someone to use this all over their face it's FAR too drying. But it's lovely as a spot treatment mask and for your gross, blackhead covered nose. Thumbs up!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2014 6:53:00 AM More reviews by Devildog4025

This is one of the best products I have bought in a LONG time. For the record, my skin LOVES sulfur and adapts to it rather nicely. All acne-fighting products that I use have some element of sulfur in them.
This one contains collidial sulfur, which I have never used before, Sulfur smells bad in general, but this type of sulfur is AWFUL. It smells like acetone and dirt. But, I was willing to tolerate it because I saw massive results. The first 5 or 6 times I used it, I thought I was going to throw up. Honestly. However, I pushed through it and now I don't even smell it anymore.
Like other reviewers, not only has it helped my breakouts, but I feel like it's helped the scars and the healing process. I DO NOT use this all over.. it is VERY drying. I also don't feel like it prevents anything, either. However, at the first sign of a spot, it WORKS. I'm talking the smallest sign; it's great.
I also get blackheads and clogged pores on my nose. NOTHING helps them.. and this does. I just cover my nose and leave it on for about 30 minutes. I use a wash rag to gently wash it off, an it takes the blackheads off.
I purchased this at Nordstrom incase I needed to take it back, and I recommend doing the same if you are unsure. Nobody wants to get stuck with a product they don't like. This will last you for quite sometime, but with limited use, it will dry up. If you have super-duper dry skin or super sensitive skin, proceed with caution. But rest assured, it got the job done for skin that is SOOOO stubborn (mine). Hopefully you will get the same results. Good luck.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2014 3:45:00 AM More reviews by supeng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This stuff seriously stinks. It smells terrible to the max, but it works like a charm everytime.

Flattens my pimples with no effort and quickly. Just two nights and most bumps would have went away by then. I have super acne prone skin so I would recommend once a week of this drying mask on the whole face for about 20-30 mins. (Thin coat pls) Keeps your skin clear!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2013 5:52:00 PM More reviews by blairXwitch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this product just as much as I love Mario Badescu's other 2 products that I tried - the Buffering Lotion and Healing Cream.

I don't know why the reviewer below is bashing these products, but it's obviously some lame marketing ploy. And even if this person's claims were true, these products actually WORK, and can be bought at decent prices. There are thousands of skincare products out there that do nothing, so if something can make my skin look awesome and heal my breakouts from one day to another, bring it on!!!

This mask has a strong scent that lingers after the mask is being washed off, which is the only thing I don't like about it. Other than that, it reduces my cystic pimples to almost nothing overnight. I use it mostly on pimples I popped, for the ones without a head I usually use the Buffering Lotion + Healing cream on top.

It just sucks that because of some useless skin care companies that would be better off putting more effort into improving their own products than bashing quality companies, we are left without brilliant products such as the Healing Cream.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2013 5:07:00 PM More reviews by esty731

Love this product! I use it 3 times a week on certain areas to prevent pimples from forming. Kinda stinky, but worth it!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2013 12:47:00 AM More reviews by mirandahoang97

I love the product so far. It's great because I've been breaking out so much and it just help drying up the pimple so fast. I hated the smell, so strong. The good thing is it has a nice nude color that gives coverage, so when I break out, I often use it as foundation.