September 2, 2014 | 962 users online

Masks - Mario Badescu - Drying Mask

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2014 8:54:00 AM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a good clay based mask with some sulfur (which gives this mask a distinct stinky smell). Does a good job of drying out acne. Does not tingle like Queen Helene Mint Julep mask. Smooth application and rinses easily. Dry time is about 10 minutes for a thin layer. I just can't get pass the smell.

I just use it as on overnight spot treatment for acne.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2014 1:56:00 AM More reviews by McVeay

No it doesn't smell great but if it did it wouldn't be the refreshing nature of the fewer ingredient company. This is a basic clay mask, if drying mask help you with breakouts then you can't go wrong with this. Simple, smelly, but job well done.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2014 9:36:00 PM More reviews by ohdrdoctor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Sulfur smells like shit. I feel like I'm getting a cheap high from this mask. Oh well, it works for me! I would never tell someone to use this all over their face it's FAR too drying. But it's lovely as a spot treatment mask and for your gross, blackhead covered nose. Thumbs up!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2014 6:53:00 AM More reviews by Devildog4025

This is one of the best products I have bought in a LONG time. For the record, my skin LOVES sulfur and adapts to it rather nicely. All acne-fighting products that I use have some element of sulfur in them.
This one contains collidial sulfur, which I have never used before, Sulfur smells bad in general, but this type of sulfur is AWFUL. It smells like acetone and dirt. But, I was willing to tolerate it because I saw massive results. The first 5 or 6 times I used it, I thought I was going to throw up. Honestly. However, I pushed through it and now I don't even smell it anymore.
Like other reviewers, not only has it helped my breakouts, but I feel like it's helped the scars and the healing process. I DO NOT use this all over.. it is VERY drying. I also don't feel like it prevents anything, either. However, at the first sign of a spot, it WORKS. I'm talking the smallest sign; it's great.
I also get blackheads and clogged pores on my nose. NOTHING helps them.. and this does. I just cover my nose and leave it on for about 30 minutes. I use a wash rag to gently wash it off, an it takes the blackheads off.
I purchased this at Nordstrom incase I needed to take it back, and I recommend doing the same if you are unsure. Nobody wants to get stuck with a product they don't like. This will last you for quite sometime, but with limited use, it will dry up. If you have super-duper dry skin or super sensitive skin, proceed with caution. But rest assured, it got the job done for skin that is SOOOO stubborn (mine). Hopefully you will get the same results. Good luck.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2014 3:45:00 AM More reviews by supeng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This stuff seriously stinks. It smells terrible to the max, but it works like a charm everytime.

Flattens my pimples with no effort and quickly. Just two nights and most bumps would have went away by then. I have super acne prone skin so I would recommend once a week of this drying mask on the whole face for about 20-30 mins. (Thin coat pls) Keeps your skin clear!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2013 5:52:00 PM More reviews by blairXwitch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this product just as much as I love Mario Badescu's other 2 products that I tried - the Buffering Lotion and Healing Cream.

I don't know why the reviewer below is bashing these products, but it's obviously some lame marketing ploy. And even if this person's claims were true, these products actually WORK, and can be bought at decent prices. There are thousands of skincare products out there that do nothing, so if something can make my skin look awesome and heal my breakouts from one day to another, bring it on!!!

This mask has a strong scent that lingers after the mask is being washed off, which is the only thing I don't like about it. Other than that, it reduces my cystic pimples to almost nothing overnight. I use it mostly on pimples I popped, for the ones without a head I usually use the Buffering Lotion + Healing cream on top.

It just sucks that because of some useless skin care companies that would be better off putting more effort into improving their own products than bashing quality companies, we are left without brilliant products such as the Healing Cream.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2013 5:07:00 PM More reviews by esty731

Love this product! I use it 3 times a week on certain areas to prevent pimples from forming. Kinda stinky, but worth it!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2013 12:47:00 AM More reviews by mirandahoang97

I love the product so far. It's great because I've been breaking out so much and it just help drying up the pimple so fast. I hated the smell, so strong. The good thing is it has a nice nude color that gives coverage, so when I break out, I often use it as foundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2013 2:38:00 AM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

After much research I decided to take the plunge and purchase this mask to treat my hormonal acne. When I break-out its pretty minimal but its enough to stress me out. The smell of this is quite pungent but the end results make it worth it. I've used it once a week for a month now and I've experienced no issues with further breaking out. Immediately after removal I apply a rich moisturizer suited for oily skin as this mask is quite drying. I will definitely re-purchase this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2013 7:08:00 PM More reviews by enigmaze

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I got a sample of this from doing the survey on the Mario Badescu website. I like masks and this feels good going on and fine while it sits on your face. However, I have noticed a few small pimples - bumps more than anything else - after using this twice. I'm a little upset since my skin had been clearing up and this mask is supposed to treat, rather than cause, acne.