September 19, 2014 | 983 users online

Eye Shadow - NARS - Pandora Duo

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2012 9:03:00 PM More reviews by ayreal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I wanted to have a solid matte black eyeshadow that was blendable and handy to travel with. I don't use the white a ton, but the pigment on the black is fantastic and has great staying power, especially when applied wet. I like to use it as an eyeliner and then trace over it slightly with a felt tipped black eyeliner. It gives me a soft and sexy cat eye. :) Another great Nars find!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2012 1:20:00 AM More reviews by bailokaye

I wanted to love this, but just couldn't.
First time around I received it in a swap- the black was so chalky and patchy, while the white was unpigmented and just pure shimmer. Bye bye.
I thought maybe I just got a dud so tried a new one a year or so later. Same thing. I don't get it, especially since there are so many good reviews. I just couldn't get it to work for me, even with the NARS eye primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2011 8:26:00 PM More reviews by msimplicity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love the intense black colour. I use it to smoke out my eyes or to line over my cream/gel eyeliner. Great black shadow!
Price is pricey but I think it's worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2011 11:02:00 AM More reviews by benny143

This is the BEST black eyeshadow in the universe. There is no other. You can blend it out for a soft black or use with primer for some intensity. I AM OBSESSED!!!!!! HG!!!! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2011 7:10:00 PM More reviews by cheyette

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like Pandora, even though I don't use it every day for a natural look. The black really is a saturated matte color and is so pure in color it's an excellent eyeliner... probably darker than most colors than a pencil could give you out there. If you want to soften the look up you can do a softer liner brush to do a winged look.

The white highlighter isn't chalky or dusty and can be blended in so the light hits right where it needs to under the brow bone or in the inner corners of the eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2010 6:19:00 PM More reviews by sdk

The first thing and the most important thing about this product is the fact that it is very practicle and for me i could use it almost everyday
the black used wet with a liner brush is perfect for lining my outer top lashline.. this is btw the ultimate black! you cant get any blacker than this and if used with a good primer its even more intense!
when i first saw the white i thought it would be a chalkey white eyeshadow but when swatch in store it was veryy sheer.. the complete opposite!
i brought this straight away because i knew it would not go to waste, even though it was expensive it would last me for ages.
the only thing i wish is that the white wasnt so translucent and had a bit more pigmentation. I like to put the white all over my lid and then line my eyes with the black

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2009 3:06:00 AM More reviews by phizzybee

a nice staple duo. the black is deep and strong to line with and smudge. the white is shimmery and fairly translucent. great with anything, brow highlighter, or nothing, just a dab in the inner corner of both eyes to make them sparkly and awake. i like it

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2009 8:17:00 PM More reviews by Sophia1105

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have medium olive skin, dark green eyes and black hair. I am constantly looking for something that can help me get the smokey, sultry cat-eye without looking overly made-up or harsh. This duo is a great addition to helping me achieve that. The black side is a deeply pigmented black with what I detected was a near imperceptible shimmer. The white side was a glowy, sheer white.

I use the white over my entire lid, concentrating at the inner corner of the lid and a little on my brow bone. I'll line my eyes with a kohl, smudge to make the cat eye using a brush that has been loaded with the black side of Pandora, then reline with a liquid and re-smudge with the same brush reloaded with black e/s. Often I'll use a touch of NARS Lovejoy blush or BB PR Milk Chocolate on my crease, as those both come closest to a deeper version of my natural skin tone, so I'm able to define my crease without looking made-up. At night, I'll use the black in the crease.

Love this duo. I thought I had enough black e/s, but there truly is something special about this one. What sold me on this was how heavily pigmented the black was without feeling heavy, and how sheer the white side was. Previously to get a white that sheer I'd use NARS Copacabana multiple on my lids, but unfortunately that would crease terribly on me. Would def. repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2009 11:36:00 PM More reviews by ulula

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

How can something so simple be so wonderful?
The sheerest, most luminous, virginal white with some subtle shimmer contrasted with the deepest, mattest, sootiest black ever ( way blacker than MAC Carbon). It is worth it just for the black alone. There is no more pigmented matte black on the market.
I'm surprised how many looks I can get from this. The colors are so different in texture but layer beautifully together. Obviously this duo lends itself to an Egyptian Gothic look or can also be used to turn any other color in to a smokey eye. But you can do other things with it as well. I'd suggest looking at a book like Kevyn Acouin's and trying out different patterns of light and dark contrast from different eras.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2009 11:00:00 AM More reviews by 01eternity

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Amazing eyeshadow duo! I bought it originally for the matte black which is SO pigmented and long-wearing. But the shimmery white is beautiful!! I actually ended up using the white more.. it looks really glittery in the pan but it's very wearable. Would definitely rebuy if I ever ran out.