Kiehl's Kiehl's Deluxe Hand and Body Lotion with Aloe Vera and Oatmeal

on 4/4/2014 3:41:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

I have a travel size version of the grapefruit lotion. The moisturizing aspect of this lotion is ok. This won't help you in the middle of a very dry winter but as a non sticky summer lotion it is great. But the main reason I would buy again is the scent. It is a soft, sweet smell that is nice without being cloying. I use it almost every day to give some of my favorite spicy perfumes a sweet note and it combines well with other scents as a fairly long lasting base.
I got mine as a gift but they run about $20 USD for the full size bottle in stores and on their website.

on 10/13/2012 4:27:00 AM

I received a full-size gift bottle from Kiehl's on my birthday and I was surprised at how good it was. I think it is insanely expensive but BOY is it an excellent lotion. I think it is probably the best lightweight lotion I've used, and that's no hyperbole--it is non-greasy but moisturizing and the cucumber scent was the BEST. I am so sad they discontinued it. I liked the coriander well enough, but it's no cucumber. As someone else said, it doesn't smell at all like real cucumbers, but it's fresh and lovely. Well, I guess I should say it was.

on 12/26/2010 9:15:00 PM

This is hands down my favorite lotion! So far, this is the only lotion that I can apply at night and it never gives me that uncomfortable sticky feeling that other lotions do. It's pretty lightweight, sinks in fast, not greasy at all and moisturizes great! The almond scent is my favorite. I've also tried it in cucumber, which is a nice fresh scent, but smells nothing like cucumber to me. I think this is on the pricey side though, at $20 for an 8.4 fl.oz. bottle and I go through this stuff super fast. I splurge on this whenever I can!

on 5/6/2010 7:26:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I am not a big fan of Kiehls because of the price, and because I feel that their products don't do much for how much they cost.

Only plus: They give you lots of samples and give you full-size products for your birthday! This was one of them.

I choose the Almond-scented one, and was amazed they would give me an 8-oz bottle of it. I was happy to have a free, high-end lotion, but after using the entire thing, I decided it wasn't worth $20 CAD. The formula is quite thin (it's advertised as a "light moisturizer"), absorbs nicely, but I thought Aveeno could do just as good a job for less.

on 2/15/2009 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I have the Cucumber scent and love it! I get so many compliments on it. Cucumber and Oatmeal sounds like an odd scent but really its wonderful and light. Also this lotion doesn't leave you feeling oily which is nice.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I purchased the body lotion to moisturize my hands and feet before bedtime, and itís incredibly soothing and gears me for another hot weekend in strappy sandals.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Other Kiehl items I like: http://theconscioussnob.com/index.php/conscious-beauty/relieve-dry-skin-with-superb-kiehls/

on 3/29/2008 8:22:00 PM

Like other users, I think this product would be best suited for the summer months. I live in the midwest and it is not moisturizing enough for the winter time. However, I love the scent and would definitely buy again.

on 12/9/2007 7:31:00 AM

this product moisturizes really well, is absorbed really fast, and is well suited for those summer months (and winter months too, if you happen to live in a part of world that's not extremely cold from december to february) when you don't want a sticky gooey mess on your arms and legs. it works well as an all-over body lotion, and leaves my skin so soft. i usually use the lavender and the french rose - the scent is to die for, especially the lavender. it's a very calming scent that's great to apply after showers and before bedtime. price is a bit on the expensive side for a body lotion, but the best part about kielh's products is that they aren't tested on animals, aside from the fact that they do work really well :) will purchase again, and i'm very interested in trying the LE cherry-almond and forest rain too.

on 11/6/2007 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Light lotion good for summer months if your skin is not super dry. This is just an average lotion and not up to the high quality I expect from Kiehls. Loved the Grapefruit scent and got a couple of compliments on it but the French Rose was too sweet for me. Felt this was expensive for what it is and would not repurchase because there must be a cheaper drug store lotion that does the same for less.

on 8/7/2007 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Decent all-around body lotion. Big plus: it is unscented and doesn't cause skin irritation or breakouts (esp. on the back area, where I am prone to breakouts). Minuses: it is fairly expensive and not as effective in the winter time, when I have to switch to something heavier. Unless I find something better (and cheaper) I will continue to buy this.