August 22, 2014 | 1921 users online

Toners - Dr. Hauschka - Dr. Hauschka Facial Toner

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2014 10:10:00 AM More reviews by slc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Dang it -- I hate that these expensive Dr. H. products are so good! I got a sample kit of the whole cleansing ritual and I love every piece of it. I ended up buying the full sizes and was hoping to skip the toner, but it's really good and adds something essential to the process. I had very dry, easily irritated skin when I started using this and now it's smooth and moist and healthy. I was using gobs of moisturizer, but now I only need a little bit. The toner is soothing and seems to add some nourishing, protective quality to my skin.

Some have complained about the alcohol, but this is not the harsh rubbing alcohol you have in your medicine cabinet. Many organic products have to use organic, plant-based alcohol to extract the essences of the plants used in the formulas. This also serves as one of the safest organic preservatives. Believe me, this toner is not drying at all or I would not be able to use it.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2013 6:31:00 AM More reviews by aessop

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I didn't have a reaction to this toner or anything. The earth didn't move and neither did it come crashing down. It seems just fine. The only thing that bothered me was the alcohol in it. Why would anyone put alcohol in a toner knowing that it could dry out dry skins and potentially harm sensitive ones? I know there's probably a noticable amount of alochol in it because I work at a pharmaceutical company which uses medicinal alcohol and I'm familiar with the texture. It could be my imagination but it feels like I'm rubbing alcohol on my face and as soon as it's rubbed in, I get this sensation like it's evaporating or something. Some of the other reviewers could be right when they say this toner is nothing but glorified alcohol. I'm giving it 4 lippies because I didn't get a reaction. But I won't buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2013 6:57:00 AM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My favorite toner, absolutely love it! Does not leave skin greesy or oily. Only too expensive.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2012 6:59:00 AM More reviews by alexandraxy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

It's not a bad toner, but I wouldn't buy it again.
And I'll tell you why.
First of all, this is my first try with Dr Hauschka products.
I live in Germany and here you can find this brand very easily. It's usually sold in bio shops (i.e. stores for organic products).
The price is medium-high: higher than drugstore brands and cheaper than brands like Estee Lauder, Chanel and the like.
Since I bought the toner, I have tried samples of other skin care products of this same brand.
As far as the toner is concerned, the packing is fine:
it's a spray glass container, the contents doesn't get polluted or contaminated. I find glass the most hygienic choice, although I'm always nervous handling glass with wet or slippery hands. Despite the good quality packaging, the liquid (which I think doesn't contain preservatives) changed color and smell after a while, probably I didn't use it quickly enough. The toner itself wasn't neither good or bad, I didn't notice any positive or negative impact on my skin.
And this is true also for the samples I have tried: nothing bad and nothing good to say about these products.
For this reason I wouldn't spend ca. 17euro for this facial toner.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2012 1:07:00 PM More reviews by bethwisdom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This used to be my go to brand. And it was wonderful and couldn't sing it's praises loud enough. It really got my rosacea under control.

But after a few years I really started to prickle at the cost. Now I use Earth Science A D & E face cleaner - I actually like it better than Dr. H's creamy cleanser, rose water and coconut oil. I've been using these for two years. My skin still gets many compliments, and I have saved so much money.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2012 2:13:00 PM More reviews by RosemaryThyme

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a whim at whole foods a couple of weeks ago. This toner really feels wonderful when you spritz it on your face. It has the characteristic dr. haushka scent, which is light and refreshing. I haven't noticed any radical skin changes - positive or negative. So while I remain unconvinced if toners really have any added beauty value, I will probably keep reaching for this toner just because it feels good on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2011 4:40:00 PM More reviews by Arenal

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product--but it's so expensive! It's more of a treatment than a simple toner. and in warmer weather can double as toner/moisturizer.

I understand why it's packaged in glass, but I'd prefer plastic (fumble fingers).

Like all the Hauschka products I've tried, it's of the highest quality. If I ever get back to having more disposable income, I'd definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2011 2:06:00 AM More reviews by fillifelle

This is absolutely indispensable to my daily routine. To call this a toner would be to do it injustice. When my skin broke out while traveling (because of airplane dryness, long flight time, jet lag, etc) I was glad I brought along a sample size bottle of Dr Hauschka's facial toner. It calmed my hypersensitive and overreactive skin and helped bring it back to its original condition. Before that I was already using the facial toner as a daily spray-on toner after cleansing and before moisturizing. Sometimes when I feel like my skin needs a break from all the products I am using and needs to "breathe", I can just go to bed with just the facial toner and a light serum. No dryness or tightness. It is that good for the skin. Will never be without it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2011 10:40:00 PM More reviews by rnancy

This is a nice toner... I tried in a sample kit, and would like to try the full size spray version. It is a little spendy, but when I need another toner Dr. H is high on the list.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2011 9:33:00 PM More reviews by apparently

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've never been a toner user, but got this in a sample kit and really liked the scent and the freshness in my complexion after I used it, so I bought a large bottle. I like that it's a spray.