Giorgio Beverly Hills Red

3.6

on 7/8/2013 1:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Love at first sniff I knew from the notes I would love it. This has the peppery spicy richness of Diors Farenheit and a lovely warm dryly sweet powdery base. Very strong though and is known to make people around me sneeze. So wear with caution!

on 3/7/2013 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I had smelled this years ago and after seeing a big 3 oz bottle on amazon.com for 25 bucks, I figured I'd give it a go. I really love it!! It's spicy, sutlry, and sophisticated. The bottle I got is a spray mist which I really like for this is a strong fragrance. If you like whimpy, fruity scents, you may not like this. I find myself reaching for it almost everyday for it has alot of personality unlike most of the newer scents. A classic from the 80's!!

on 9/30/2012 1:14:00 PM

I was feeling nostalgic. I wore "Red" 20+ years ago, when I was in college or grad school. I spotted a sale on "Red" this week in the Walgreens circular. 19.99 for a bottle. I picked up a bottle, wanting to walk down memory. I guess my olfactory nerve has evolved in the years since I wore this fragrance. It's dated, heavy. It's got that powdery, Grandma's perfume note to it, along with spice. Not a winning combo. If you are looking for a pretty fall scent, I recommend YSL Cinema. "Red' isn't awful. But with newer options out there, I say don't bother.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Loved it then, love it now. One spray lasts forever... another one that men drool when you wear it.

on 1/31/2012 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love this fragrance. I used to wear it when I was younger, and before that I wore "A Little Sexy" which is a knock off. Good stuff, tons of compliments. Must work with my chemistry.

on 1/21/2012 2:22:00 PM

Your mileage may vary-- that explains the 71% repurchase rating on this one-- but for me, it is the most barftacular Super Scrubber ever. More so than Youth-Dew. I just cannot stomach this deep, ponderous '80s brew of sandalwood and heavy tropical flowers.
It may be classified as a chypre, but I don't get many of the notes I normally enjoy in chypres, like oakmoss and patchouli. I do get a loooot of sandalwood and indolic jasmine, two notes I dislike. There is also a sour aspect to Red, rather like (sorry to say) a washroom after someone's been ill. I suspect this is a side effect of the fragrance trying to hit too many notes and winding up in confusion. I find this scent nauseating, claustrophobic, dark, dated. But again-- ymmv. I know women who've worn it very well.

on 1/14/2012 12:22:00 PM

This is by far one of my favorite fragrances, I love Tabu ( the cheapest thrill), Spellbound, White Diamonds, and Knowing. I remember receiving this bottle for the first time in the early 90's and I have been wearing it every since. IMO it has a really long lasting power and it is strongly scented. It has always worn well with my body chemistry. Just for a reference - I like musty, oriental spices with a light undertone of floral fragrances.

on 10/3/2011 9:56:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

A classic beauty that is nice for fall and winter. I got the small 10 ml bottle the other day at Walmart. This doesn't seem to be strong in a bad way and sort of whispers a pleasing and warm lingering impression.

on 1/24/2011 9:50:00 PM

I got this for Christmas and love it. Strong Oriental Front notes drys down to baby powder scent mmmmmmm

on 11/19/2010 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Oh my God. Terrible, terrible, terrible! Absolutely the most sickly sweet smell I have EVER smelled. Just like rotting fruit .. or fruit already dead and full-rotted and in hell. I love Tabu (one of my top five favorite fragrances), but Red I just can't stand. I can't. I wouldn't be caught dead wearing this.

Popular Fragrances