December 22, 2014 | 1613 users online

Fragrances - Giorgio Beverly Hills - Red

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2014 4:29:00 PM More reviews by littlesparrows

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a really lovely fragrance. It does seem to bring to mind what the color "red" would be- power, passion, love, strength, fire, warmth- and even though it embodies all of those "strong" qualities, it somehow has a sweetness and softness to it, but it is definitely not one of the fruity floral sweet fragrances that have been popular of late, it is more of a sexy softness. This is a floriental and I get a little bit of the spice as well as carnation, but they do not overshadow the white flower, cherry, and powdery notes. This does not smell like the carnation and powder in L'Air du Temps, for ex., it is more a baby powder sweet note. I like it in cooler weather, and it always reminds me of Christmastime. Many fragrances from the eighties were very bold and over the top; some were just too much, but many of them were, and still are, very beautifully composed and worthy of a second look . Red is one of those.

The original Red was a bit more floral; I do believe it has been the victim of some reformulation, but it still retains enough of the original scent to keep its identity. It can be purchased online or sometimes at TJ Maxx. I actually found a set at Walmart.com that cost $19 for a 1.7 bottle, a miniature, and a small lotion. The lotion smells just as good as the fragrance, and that is not always the case, many lotions smell nothing like the fragrance.
This is one of those fragrances that you may not wear every day, but you can always come back to it and it is just as good as ever.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2013 1:05:00 AM More reviews by Shanplum

Love at first sniff I knew from the notes I would love it. This has the peppery spicy richness of Diors Farenheit and a lovely warm dryly sweet powdery base. Very strong though and is known to make people around me sneeze. So wear with caution!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2013 10:29:00 AM More reviews by kahou79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had smelled this years ago and after seeing a big 3 oz bottle on amazon.com for 25 bucks, I figured I'd give it a go. I really love it!! It's spicy, sutlry, and sophisticated. The bottle I got is a spray mist which I really like for this is a strong fragrance. If you like whimpy, fruity scents, you may not like this. I find myself reaching for it almost everyday for it has alot of personality unlike most of the newer scents. A classic from the 80's!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2012 1:14:00 PM More reviews by bassetmomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was feeling nostalgic. I wore "Red" 20+ years ago, when I was in college or grad school. I spotted a sale on "Red" this week in the Walgreens circular. 19.99 for a bottle. I picked up a bottle, wanting to walk down memory. I guess my olfactory nerve has evolved in the years since I wore this fragrance. It's dated, heavy. It's got that powdery, Grandma's perfume note to it, along with spice. Not a winning combo. If you are looking for a pretty fall scent, I recommend YSL Cinema. "Red' isn't awful. But with newer options out there, I say don't bother.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2012 2:22:00 AM More reviews by Pyrettablazed

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Loved it then, love it now. One spray lasts forever... another one that men drool when you wear it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2012 7:47:00 PM More reviews by CoconutCutie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this fragrance. I used to wear it when I was younger, and before that I wore "A Little Sexy" which is a knock off. Good stuff, tons of compliments. Must work with my chemistry.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2012 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Olfactoria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Your mileage may vary-- that explains the 71% repurchase rating on this one-- but for me, it is the most barftacular Super Scrubber ever. More so than Youth-Dew. I just cannot stomach this deep, ponderous '80s brew of sandalwood and heavy tropical flowers.
It may be classified as a chypre, but I don't get many of the notes I normally enjoy in chypres, like oakmoss and patchouli. I do get a loooot of sandalwood and indolic jasmine, two notes I dislike. There is also a sour aspect to Red, rather like (sorry to say) a washroom after someone's been ill. I suspect this is a side effect of the fragrance trying to hit too many notes and winding up in confusion. I find this scent nauseating, claustrophobic, dark, dated. But again-- ymmv. I know women who've worn it very well.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2012 12:22:00 PM More reviews by thomasania

This is by far one of my favorite fragrances, I love Tabu ( the cheapest thrill), Spellbound, White Diamonds, and Knowing. I remember receiving this bottle for the first time in the early 90's and I have been wearing it every since. IMO it has a really long lasting power and it is strongly scented. It has always worn well with my body chemistry. Just for a reference - I like musty, oriental spices with a light undertone of floral fragrances.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2011 9:56:00 PM More reviews by coffeekim

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

A classic beauty that is nice for fall and winter. I got the small 10 ml bottle the other day at Walmart. This doesn't seem to be strong in a bad way and sort of whispers a pleasing and warm lingering impression.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2011 9:50:00 PM More reviews by mmarrs

I got this for Christmas and love it. Strong Oriental Front notes drys down to baby powder scent mmmmmmm