November 25, 2014 | 1853 users online

Polishes - Maybelline - Wet Shine in Succulent

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2006 11:12:00 PM More reviews by kittybrmow

This is worst nail polish. I love the color, but this has a gooey consistency and looks streaky on my nails. I will never buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2006 11:40:00 PM More reviews by chinadoll617

I bought this color to try out the vampy look without spending too much money. It is a deep deep red/plum. It is pretty streaky compared to other Wet Shines and I had to use two or three coats to even it out but I really like the color. Do your nails a favor and use a base coat to prevent staining.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2006 2:27:00 AM More reviews by mudpud

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've never tried Chanel's famous polish and I'm brand new to the whole "vampy" color range, but I *adore* this shade. It's a dark, dark red w/ a purplish undertone that still looks great against my warm/sallow MMM skintone. I am very skittish when it comes to colors in general on my fingernails (usually go for neutral fleshtones or clear polishes), but I have no reservations about using this for a manicure. From 0 to 100, yes, but they make my short nails look anything but boring.P.S. It takes 3 coats to even out any streaks. If you're a novice like me, anyway--YMMV. I am very haphazard and slop my nail polish on. Also, as w/ any darker color, do your nails a favor and wear a basecoat. This will sound dumb to those who are used to wearing reds and purples, but I was dumb and put this straight on my nails. Can we say staining? continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2006 12:36:00 AM More reviews by fivezero

Deep, deep red which looks a wee bit nicer in the bottle than it does on my fingers. Not sure why, but it dulls when applied. The finish is still nice and shiny, though. The application for this was far streakier than for the other Wet Shine polishes I have, and I needed to put on three coats to even it out. Wouldn't repurchase but I like this colour while I have it.

Pics:Nails continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2005 8:52:00 PM More reviews by ladykestryl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the vampy colors and I must own about four or five different ones. I love this color. I love the quality of this particular type. I have gone through one bottle, and plan on going through another. I like Revlon Vixen, Essie Wicked and a host of other Vampy type of colors better, if I have to take the full sized bottle on trips and I leave it I will not be upset. I usually fill a smallish bottle with this nail polish and take it with me on trips. I usually can find this for about $1-$2 (USD). Many of the dollar stores in my area carry this color, and so does the Odd Lots near me. I pair this with a shiny topcoat. This does dry 'wet' looking but I usually use a good topcoat. This doesn't go on blotchy or streaky. Overall a good buy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2004 1:18:00 PM More reviews by radekal19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Beautiful red burgandy color- looks beautiful on my MMM-GGG skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2002 5:26:00 AM More reviews by nakobear

This nailpolish doesn't chip at all and is a great deep red color. And it is cheap! I'll be looking into more Maybelline nail polishes from now on.