October 2, 2014 | 1421 users online

Scrubs - Kiehl's - Kiehls Papaya and Pineapple Face Scrub

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2014 8:07:00 AM More reviews by brxkenpetal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have oily skin so I usually try scrubs that are a bit more aggressive but I quite like this one. It's really gentle allowing me to use it three times a week and it leaves my skin really matte and clean.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/30/2013 8:03:00 PM More reviews by asiblini90

I don't really have a yay or nay opinion on this product. I use it as suggested at MUA; I cleanse then semi-dry my face, use a pea-size amount all over and let it sit for 20 minutes or until dry. I don't see a difference after using it, my face feels fresh but it usually does with any product. My skin has been extremely dry lately and this product doesn't improve or worsen my condition. It's nice to put on if you feel like pampering yourself on a saturday, but I wouldn't buy it again. It's extremely expensive and Ive actually found my HG exfoliant already - the clean & clear advantage oil absorbing treatment, recommended on paula's choice. I think it does a better job at brightening my skin tone and getting rid of those pesky whiteheads than a simple enzyme-based exfoliant.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2013 5:37:00 PM More reviews by shi1

I'm on the fence about this product. I love that its gentle but then again I feel like it doesn't do enough on its own. I have sensitive skin that breaks out easily. I've learned that my skin really needs regular/gentle exfoliation to keep it clear so I've been using cleansers/moisturizers with AHAs and BHAs nightly and I have seen more results by doing this than by using this scrub 3x a week in combination with a regular cleanser/moisturizer. I guess now that my daily skincare products are doing the exfoliating for me, I would want a scrub that offers more dramatic results for the rare occasions that I would need to use one (once a month maybe). I think if your skin is very good to begin with, then this would serve the purpose of a gentle exfoliator that you can use pretty regularly. It is not drying or irritating, and it helps loosen dead skin off your face. However, I don't think this exfoliator will offer any drastic improvements if you have problem skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2013 3:09:00 AM More reviews by cherisecheeks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Saleswoman at Kiehl's recommended this for me. She was very nice and helpful but tried this on my hand and said "look those are the dead skin cells being removed" when actually it was just the product. She said she'd call to see how I was liking it and never heard from her. I used this on my nose for a long time until I came to the realization that it was breaking me out in tiny little red and white bumps all over the spots I used it on. I am allergic to apricots, so that could be the reason. I am going to try and return or exchange this product even though its been so long.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2012 10:26:00 PM More reviews by joanieisverynice

this is a great enzyme cleanser. I use it as a mask rather than a scrub-like-crazy-and-rinse scrub. the best way to reap the benefits of this cleanser is this:
1. dampen your face by patting water on it. it's perfect if your face is wet but doesn't drip.
2. put about a pea sized amount (or 2 peas if you want to treat your neck) on your fingers and start to massage your face.
3. while massaging, imagine all the little pineapple enzymes snacking on your dead skin cells and all the little scrubby bits smoothing away your troubles. fun fact: the enzymes in pineapple and papaya degrade proteins. this is why you can't put them in jello, because it'll just liquefy everything
4. leave on for 10-15 minutes. I usually do this scrub every other day, and I put it on in the bath. this is the point where it's nice to have a book nearby to pass the time
5. rinse with warm water and pat dry, and voila, lovely dewy skin.
after I rinse it off, my skin is tight (in a good way!), clean, and glowing. I love that there aren't any artificial fragrances added, so it's nice and non-irritating.
the only problem with this is the price. it's crazy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2012 10:23:00 AM More reviews by Ethabella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm really on the fence about this product. It was alright, I like how it felt on my skin. And my skin hasn't had any problems while I've been using it, but I do feel that I've used scrubs that I liked better. It did feel pretty gentle which is maybe why I didn't like it as much.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2012 4:36:00 PM More reviews by nb55

This is a tried and true excellent product that is priced well for a high-quality product. There is a Jason pineapple scrub that is around a quarter of the price but it is way less effective. I have somewhat sensitive skin and this gently exfoliates if you just leave it on for the 5 recommended minutes or gets a lot off if you leave it on for 15 min. It has never burned me or caused damage (like Exfolikate, which left me with open sores on my face). The actual grain in the product doesn't really do anything if you massage it in, the enzymes from the pineapple and the papaya are what gets the dead cells off. It smells nice and it comes out as a kind of gel. Get the tube, it will last you a long while since you only need a little bit to cover your whole face and neck. Love it, worth the money.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2011 11:46:00 AM More reviews by Mignon1977

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for about a month and I really like it. Looking at the reviews I think they way you use the products weighs on your opinion. I too dampen my face, gentling scrub on and leave on for about 10-15 minutes. I have seen a noticeable difference in my skinÖsmoother, less breakouts and a little more even tone and I have sensitive, acne prone skin. This is the first time Iíve used a Keihlís product on my skin and Iím looking forward to using more.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2011 1:00:00 AM More reviews by Magnificus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

On my quest for a hydrating eye-cream without anti-aging properties, I was introduced to the Kiehls line. I loved their avocado eye cream, so I wanted to explore the rest of their products.

I was looking for a facial scrub that would slough away my dead skin but moisturize my face at the same time. I found that when I used exfoliating face washes or scrubs that had scrubby beads, I was always left with flakes of skin on my face that wouldn't come off even after I used the scrub again immediately after the first time. My skin also felt drier.

After looking through the Kiehls online catalogue, I narrowed it down to two scrubs, this one and the rare earth pore-cleansing scrub. I figured that even though my skin was oily, it was also sensitive and can get very dry if the products were too harsh. So I went with the papaya and pineapple facial scrub 'cause it seemed gentler and more moisturizing than the other one.

I am so, so glad that I found this. This product makes my skin feel so smooth! There are papaya and pineapple extracts in this product and the enzymes in those fruits are known to whiten and break down protein. "Break down protein" sounds scary, but that means that it basically eats away all the dead skin and helps to reveal newer, softer, smoother skin. I noticed that my skin was brighter and that my skin absorbed my moisturizer a lot faster and easier.

Another plus is that it doesn't really have much of a scent, so if you're sensitive to fragrance then you should definitely try this product out. I don't like using heavily fragranced products on my face anyway, because I feel like they irritate my skin and cause me to break out.

The consistency of the scrub is very creamy. It's actually more of a cream cleanser that doesn't foam than a scrub because there are very few scrub particles.

Even though this scrub was $28 for 3.4 oz which is very pricey, in my opinion, for how much product you get, a little goes a long way! You only need a about a pea-sized amount for your entire face. Plus, you shouldn't use this product more than 2-3 times a week anyway. Too much of a good thing is bad.

TIP: After you wet your face (damp), take a pea sized amount of the product and rub it t all over your face, then let it sit (it will dry transparent) for about 15 minutes, and then wash it off. One time, I left this one for about 30 minutes to an hour and when I washed it off my skin was not irritated at all! My skin felt incredibly silky and smooth, more so after I applied moisturizer.

I know this was long, but I hoped that it helps whoever took the time to read through it all! Haha.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2011 8:57:00 PM More reviews by blondebohemian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This didn't do anything for me. I let it sit on my face for 10 minutes then rinsed off. I like a more traditional grainy scrub where I get that instant clean feeling. The only positive is that it smells nice.