August 2, 2014 | 1088 users online

Mascara - Clinique - Naturally Glossy Mascara

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2014 10:16:00 PM More reviews by taygete05

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I find this mascara to be smooth and long lasting, easy to apply, and good for a medium-impact look - it doesn't do anything crazy, but I would describe it as a "normal but better" look.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2014 3:19:00 PM More reviews by ghostofcpast

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this mascara as part of a gift set, and it's certainly good (doesn't smudge or fade away) but not excellent. I have very small, thin eyelashes so I tend to use a lot of mascara, and while this wand did a better job reaching all of my lashes than my go-to Maybelline Colossus, the volume was not as impressive alone. I tend to use it in conjunction with the Maybelline one for special occasions, and my lashes look more even and bigger. However, it's expensive and I certainly wouldn't be repurchasing it; I'll use that Sephora money on some glide-on pencils thank you very much.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2014 2:35:00 PM More reviews by francoiseb

This is my favourite mascara and I have been repurchasing this one for years. I prefer a natural look and this is perfect. Probably not the mascara for you if you are after very dramatic eyes but I find that it adds just enough definition for me for every day (though I have worn this in evening too).
One of the reason I first got this was the shade. I find black too harsh most of the time and this is available in Jet Brown which is a dark cool brown which I prefer to warmer browns when it comes to mascara.
I wear contact lenses and have sensitive eyes and never had any issues with this product. I cannot say as much for other mascaras allegedly suitable for contact lens wearers which caused irritation as soon as I applied them and went straight into the bin.
Another positive point for me is that it doesn't clump. I am always careful to scrape off excessive product before applying but this applies better than other mascaras I have tried.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2014 11:12:00 PM More reviews by jmazzeo192

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Very nice product for a naturally polished look. I purchased this on my way to the Chanel counter for their Unimitatable mascara, but because I read several favorable reviews on this product decided to give it a try, especially since it is less than 1/2 the price of the Chanel mascara, and I must admit I am happy I did. After years of using Unimitatable I have made Clinique's Naturally Glossy my mascara of choice.

The mascara goes on smoothly and evenly and if I should feel like I'd like my eyes to look a little more made up, I just apply a second coat to the outside of my lashes and they do pop.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2014 9:05:00 PM More reviews by Painter94x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I literally just bought this yesterday at sephora. I like the packaging it's simple and sleek. Not disappointed with it at all. It's pretty lightweight and low maintenance. My first ever mascara was a Clinique one but the brush was curved I cannot remember the name though. I decided to try a straight brushed one and it seems to work pretty smoothly. When I run out and when I can afford it (cuz it's $16!) I will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2014 3:50:00 AM More reviews by charstone

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a fabulous mascara if you crave a very natural look. It reminds me of Maybelline Full N Soft. No volumizing here which also means absolutely no clumps. It does transfer a bit and lordy don't get your face wet in the rain as it will come off. It will be good for you girls with lots of lashes but age has withered me in that department, so I must continue to hunt down the perfect lash enhancer.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 11:08:00 PM More reviews by Tashi09

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have used this mascara for years. It's what I always buy at bonus time. The formula is so problem free! No fibers, no gunk. By the time I'm putting on mascara, I'm usually in a desperate hurry. I truly hate to have to comb through to get rid of clumps, or to have to clean up or mess with my mascara in any way. This is just a clean, natural look that is very low maintenence. A few swipes and I'm good to go. The brush suits me; I never jab myself or get mascara where I don't want it with this one. And I find that this formula stays the same over time. It doesn't thicken up or get gunky like some others I've tried.

Okay, it doesn't give me fabulous, long, thick lashes. It just defines and darkens the ones I have in a very natural-looking way. People who crave a really dramatic look shouldn't bother with this one -- unless their lashes are naturally fabulous to begin with.

I had hoped Maybelline Featherlash might be comparable, but it seems to straighten my lashes and I don't like it. I always like L'Oreal Full Definition when I first open the tube; it gives me a little more drama. But that one seems to thicken up and stops working as well for me very quickly. Naturally Glossy rules!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2014 11:19:00 PM More reviews by Shopah0lic21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is perfect for a natural sleek look. Wonderful for days when I don't feel like being too bold with the lashes

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2014 7:58:00 PM More reviews by KLynn88

Great mascara. Very lightweight, low maintenance product. I'm not sure if it's just a good mascara or what, but i feel as though my lashes have actually gotten fuller and longer since I started using this. Since it's Clinique, I wouldn't be surprised if there's some magic potion in there to keep lashes healthy.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2014 1:28:00 PM More reviews by yalcrab

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Pros:
-not clumpy
-perfect for a "no-makeup-makeup" look
-lightweight, easy to layer

Cons:
-melts/smears if you get it even slightly wet
-bristles are dense so it's not a quick, one-stroke application (needs to be worked in)

If you already like your natural eyelashes and/or hate the look of obvious mascara, then this product is for you. This mascara subtly enhances your lashes--that's it; if you expect anything else from it, you're going to have a bad time. This is my everyday mascara and I love it. My only issues are that it's not the quickest application and it's risky to either cry or take a nap with it on (major smearing). Holds a slight curl on my straight lashes, but don't expect miracles.