Clinique Naturally Glossy Mascara

4.1

water - beeswax - copernica cerifera (carnauba) wax - styrene/acrylates/ammonium methacrylate copolymer - stearic acid - pvp - acrylates copolymer - tromethamine - peg-20 sorbitan beeswax - butylene glycol - glyceryl stearate se - hydroxyethylcellulose - ethylhexylglycerin - glycerin - lecithin - nylon-12 - sodium lauryl sulfate - isostearic acid - caprylyl glycol - c11-15 pareth-7 - potassium stearate - disodium edta - phenoxyethanol - sorbic acid - chlorphenesin- [ /- iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499) - chromium oxide greens (ci 77288) - carmine (ci 75470) - ultramarines (ci 77007) - titanium dioxide (ci 77891) - mica] [iln36361]; last checked 2015

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Let me preface this by saying I will no longer be buying this mascara as I only want to support cruelty free brands moving forward. But if that wasn't a deal breaker, I definitely would buy this mascara again and again.

Naturally Glossy is a solid, natural everyday look kind of mascara. It has never clumped on me and while it does lack in the volume and length department, it defines lashes beautifully and cleanly. Like the name says, it gives a very natural look, so if you're looking for something that gives amazing volume/length, look elsewhere.

The one caveat is that all non-waterproof mascaras make my lashes droop upon application, so my technique for counteracting the drooping is to overcurl my lashes.

IT'S NOT GLOSSY!
This didn’t really seem to condition my lashes either so I’ll be reverting back to my usual staples of L’oreal and Max Factor. The brush is also not particularly great at getting to the corner lashes.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

My search is finally over ! This is now my new HG mascara. I love it and can't say anything bad about this mascara... I am so surprised by some of the negative review on this mascara. It lengthens my lashes, separates them perfectly, gives me a beautiful "fanned" look and NO CLUMPS ! I have been trying to find a mascara that does it all, but I never was lucky. Also, I just had eye surgery and my eyes would get so irritated using any drugstore brand mascara... so I bought this one (it's ophthalmologist tested) and it doesn't irritate them at all. It gives me incredible results... before, I always had to use a comb to make my lashes look the way I wanted and always ended up with me irritating my eyes of even breaking my lashes ! But this, it applies to smoothly, I don't need to do any touch ups, no need to comb after.. it makes my lashes the way I've always dreamed.

However ! If you are looking for a bold look, THIS IS NOT FOR YOU. You could use it as your first coat because of just how nicely it separates the lashes,( and it holds a curl perfectly !!). But that's about it.... this mascara is for a "natural, I wish I was born with this incredible lashes" look. It sais exactly what it does.

This is my favourite mascara and I have repurchased it many times. It is pricey compared to drugstore mascara, but on the cheaper end for department store. It comes in an elegant silver tube. This isn't what I reach for if I am going out and want a little drama, but I have not found a better product for every day wear.

I wear Naturally Glossy in Jet Brown and it offers everything I want from a mascara for every day:
-darkens and enhances my eyelashes in a really natural looking way
-the application is smooth and free of clumps; the brush doesn't pick up too much product and is easy to use in the corners of my eyes
-doesn't flake during the day
-doesn't irritate my eyes
-not a waterproof formula, comes off easily at the end of the day when I wash my face

I tried this mascara thanks to my MUA fellow reviewers and I liked it a lot, in fact this is the only mascara I've ever repurchased. I have very straight and thin eyelashes, and before Naturally Glossy I had only tried drugstore brands, with such mediocre results that I tought all mascaras were the same, so I just stopped caring and used whatever I found at Walmart... until I fell in love with Naturally Glossy: it doesn't clumps, it separates the lashes and gives a cute natural look, it smeared on me a little bit, but nothing that my Double Fix couldn't... well, fix.

If you want a more dramatic look this may not be the mascara you are looking for. This is a good product for an natural/ every day/ wearable at work/ no makeup makeup look.

I don't know why doesn't this mascara gets any advertising at least in my country.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is the most natural-looking mascara I have ever found for my blonde lashes. The "Jet Brown" shade is a nice rich, dark, neutral brown (not so dark that it looks black, though.) When I wear it, it doesn't even look like I'm wearing mascara--it just looks like I was born with naturally dark eyelashes.

My main beef with this mascara is that it's difficult to apply, and not dark enough. I actually really like the final look it gives: long and luscious lashes that look natural-ish. But the formula is VERY dry (and I've had a few tubes, they've all been like this if you're wondering if I got a bad batch!) and takes a while to build up, and the building up doesn't go smoothly. And like...it's just not dark enough! Lol.

However, it works for a lot of others, and the formula is very gentle -- one of the only mascaras that has absolutely never irritated my contact-wearing eyes. It doesn't flake, and wears well for most of the day. The plain silver tube is beautiful, too. 3.5 lippies.

Lancôme definicils is my go-to black busty mascara but im fair with light hair and sometimes want either (a) a natural look or (b) a very subtle eye with darker lip. This is THE mascara for that look! In BROWN!!! It's sooooo perfectly natural for me cause I have naturally blonde brows and lashes. But I feel I can't go without.... Or I look like the Mona Lisa lol. This makes it look like I have nice lashes. Not like drag queen lashes. Perfection. I have oily eye are and doesn't smudge... I think cause it's not super pigmented!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Why don't I use this all the time? This mascara is the very definition of tried-and-true. It was great years ago, and it is great today. It is the Goldilocks of mascara--not too wet, not too dry, not clumpy but some volume, not flaky but some length. And it comes in such a gorgeous jet brown, just as it always has. And I can't believe they've kept the great packaging--an unmarked silver tube with the imprinted "C" on the endcap. I remember pulling it out of my bag in the back of a cab many years ago and feeling very classy, and it seems even classier today. Mascara has "evolved" since then, and there seems to be no end of clever wands, but this bristle brush works awfully well with the formula inside the tube, and on my lashes. Naturally Glossy forever!

Bought this approximately a year ago at the urging of a friend who loves Clinique, and I've loved it ever since! A lot of people have commented it's not a dramatic mascara - I'd disagree a little (by my standards) - it's certainly not a natural look, but it's not crazily over the top. Probably a little bit more than I'd wear as a subdued everyday look.

This a bit pricey by my Australian standards (think it was about $35?), as I usually aim for the cheaper end of the cosmetic pool. Looks gorgeous though, simple metal tube (only complaint - it doesn't have the product name on there!!! Had to look up packaging to figure out which one this was) and more importantly looks gorgeous once applied.

Would recommend to anyone wanting a strong but not dramatic look.

Popular Mascaras