July 29, 2014 | 1753 users online

Blush - MAC - Sheertone Blush - Breath of Plum

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2013 7:14:00 PM More reviews by mjhicks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Hi! I am NW15 in the winter and NW20 in the summer, and this tone matches me throughout the year! This is a super-pigmented, soft and lovely blush. I have acne/clog prone skin and this doesn't upset it whatsoever. Breath of plum is lovely when I'm tan and when I am pale, which is fantastic and appreciated! A little goes a long way, so I can see this product lasting a very long time. I haven't made a dent yet and I've been wearing it since August (it's Nov. 30 today!). It lasts all day too, which I've never experienced before in a blush outside of Smashbox and Clinique. 10/10 would recommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2013 4:43:00 AM More reviews by wildcardinside

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have NC 5/10 skin for reference, and this blush, applied in a medium coverage is surprisingly pink on my cheeks. I have more yellow undertones in my skin, and this blush appears to be a medium toned plummy, dull pink colour on my cheeks with slight beige hues. In the pan, it looks awful; like it would only really suit darker skin tones, - it actually looks downright purple (plum purple), with strong brown tones in it and maybe the slightest bit of dusty pink - I'm greatful it throws more pink on me other wise I would not be able to wear such a cool toned, dark brown shade on my snow white skin, but even being so - i find it to be a very average colour. Looks great with purple lipsticks, as pure pinks can look kind of gharrish - but for the price, I find the colour to be personally very average. Different, ofcourse, but not in a good way. Also, MAC blushes really disappoint me in how long they last on the skin - I found this out after I bought 7 of them, then finally decided to try other brands, came across NARS, and realised that for an extra four dollars you can get such better quality/long lasting blushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2013 11:25:00 AM More reviews by katharineb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Beautiful plummy blush, very pigmented for a sheer blush, so I just use a very little on a fluffy MAC blush brush. Colour lasts all day, no fragrance. Matte. Price is a little high, but this product will probably last me for a year, so well worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2012 1:35:00 PM More reviews by Sannakn11

I LOVE THIS BLUSH. it's fantastic. I've been on the hunt for a colour like this ever since I watched Essiebuttons pinterest look tutorial where she uses a cool toned blush (NARS sin, which is my next buy). I would totally buy it again (have already bought it twice). It's great, despite the minor issues I have with packaging and lasting power.

PROS:
-unique colour (cool toned plum/berry)
-great winter shade
-flattering on most skin tones
-rare colour
-Brightens complexion and looks sophisticated
-sheer, so you can control how dramatic your look is, IMO a huge plus! especially if you're new to blush and/or darker colours.

CONS:
-doesn't last very long (5 hours?)
-flimsy packaging

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2012 12:02:00 PM More reviews by jmcoley

I'm so conflicted about this blush - it is a beautiful shade that suits my coloring perfectly, but it just doesn't last at all on my skin. My hair is very dark brown (almost black), and I have dark brown eyes and pale skin (NW20). This color is beautiful, especially in the fall and winter months. It's a dusty plum shade, and although it's a Sheertone, you can definitely build the color. However beautiful, this blush lasts only about 3 hours on my oily cheeks before it completely disappears. If this blush were more long-wearing, I'd probably wear it almost every day in the fall and winter months. But because it doesn't last, I hardly find myself reaching for it.

Even though I love the color itself, I probably wouldn't purchase it again simply because it doesn't stay on my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2012 10:53:00 PM More reviews by MarleyIsMyMan

. This is my first MAC blush and I, over all, really like it. It is a very pigmented power blush in a blue based purple. The blush can be used very sheer when applied with a light hand and fan brush. It is also easy to build up the color with this product. I personally do not think the price is a lot for this quality of blush and I plan to replace when I run out.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2012 2:26:00 PM More reviews by 1017

Very pretty plum color, that actually goes on my NW20 cheeks (with some natural pink to them) a bit reddish/brown plum. And perhaps that is where things first went wrong (reddish browns look awful on me). Sometimes the blush would really, really work. But mostly, it would feel like it was too much, too heavy...and this is a Sheertone! That was a weird thing. Which leads me to the second issue with this, it just does not apply smoothly. Of all the Sheertones I have used, this one seem to get stuck on my skin where the brush hit...and was kind of hard to blend out...it went on blotchy. So back it goes. It just wasn't cutting it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2012 10:58:00 AM More reviews by lareinarumbera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

color: in the pan, BOP appears to be a purply, "bruised" pinkish color. to be honest, i thought my local MAC artist was nuts when she asked me to try it with plumful lustre lipstick. on the cheek, when i get it right, it is an infintely flattering ruddy "snow bunny" reddish-pink shade, like your cheeks are naturally reddish from the cold.

pros: standard MAC packaging, can see the shade inside, available as a compact or as pans to fit pro palettes. silky, good quality powder.

cons: can result in a mottled application/uneven color if wrong brush is used, or you're accidentally heavy handed; can make you look feverish or sick if you use too much.

neither con nor a pro: matte/non-sparkly finish; on the cooler end of the spectrum.

comments after using the blush for a couple months: i'm a neutral toned fair-to-medium asian gal, more cool in the winter (NW20-ish), with black hair and dark brown eyes. i reach for this more when the weather is cold, or to wear with cooler makeup shades. i like the look this blush gives me when i get it right; however i have found it is a bit hard to get the application even - if i'm rushed in the morning, sometimes it can look mottled/patchy (for this i docked 1 lippie). the best, most foolproof method i have found is to apply it in layers, using a big stippling brush (e.g. MAC 187). i would not buy it again because i have discovered other cooler-toned blushes that work better on my complexion (NARS mata hari, MAC coygirl & pink swoon, chanel rose ecrin) - overall, it's a surprisingly wearable shade of purple on the cheeks, natural and pretty, but you may need to blend a bit more than with other sheertones. I do find in some lighting however, it makes me look a bit feverish or tired, however this might just be due to my coloring and as such i believe everyone should try it before they buy it, preferably in many different types of lighting.
continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2011 2:25:00 PM More reviews by GoddessIv

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Believe all the good reviews, this blush has beautiful, natural pigmentation. The staying power is not excellent, but not bad either. I've purchased two blushes for the winter; Breath of Plum and Coygirl. I am an NC 20 and both blushes look nice on my skin tone, but Breath of Plum looks the more natural. When I flush, my cheeks has really this color, so I am very happy with it. I usually apply it with the Elf Powder Brush (the flat top one), it fits perfectly into the round box of MAC blushes and applies them beautifully.

To me, Breath of Plum looks, well, plum with a hint of brown and pink (it reminds me of burgundy wine but lighter, if that makes sense), it is such a beautiful color, has a medium depth to it, definitely not muddy! Because of the added brown, it has warmer undertones vs. Coygirl (a light frosty lavender-pink). Both are gorgeous for the winter though!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2011 3:43:00 PM More reviews by doctordoom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

perfect plum colour. could easily overdo it so you have to use a light hand, but when you get it right it's perfect!