MAC Sheertone Blush - Breath of Plum

4.4

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Gorgeous colour. I'm an NC20 and it's surprisingly flattering on my skin tone, a plummy mauve that also works nicely as an eyeshadow. As it is a sheertone it is very buildable, I can wear it as sheer or as pigmented as I want to. Love that there is no shimmer in it either. Only con is that I don't find it to be that long lasting (I have this issue with all MAC blushes).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a beautiful plum blush that is sheer and pigmented at the same time. Goes on extremely natural with a matte finish that allows your skin to show through the color (like all of the sheertone blushes). I am between NC20 and NC25 and this looks extremely similar to Blushbaby on my skin, although slightly cooler - I would say if you own one you do not need the other, but I do love them both! Eczema friendly.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is my favorite blush that I have ever tried! I honestly love it so much. I will probably use this blush for as long as MAC makes it.

Pros:
-A lot goes a long way for my skin tone. I don't have to use too much to get my desired look.
-I love the texture. It is so smooth, and it feels very light.
-The color is absolutely perfect. Not too pink and not too dark!

Cons:
It fell apart quite easily. I was about halfway through the product when the compact broke apart. I was on a vacation when the blush fell from the counter into the sink and all of the blush broke apart. I was devastated! I even tried a diy on Pinterest to try and save it (which worked surprisingly well, besides the point.)

Either way, it is wonderful, and I will continue to use this product as long as it can!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This blush is beautiful on my skin and I'm an NC20 skin tone.

It's perfect for the fall and winter, but if I want to pull it off in the summer months I can definitely sheer it out. This is very pigmented and will last a long time. I've had mine for over a year and I haven't even hit pan on it and at a time this was the only blush I owned so I used it everyday for months. This is definitely a great value and an ideal option for someone who's looking for a cool-tone blush.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this, on my arm/hand, it can be a very soft pretty neutral pink. On my cheeks it's very dark, heavy, mottled, and doesn't lift my face like other blushes. I suspect it's because I have drier skin and prefer a more dewy look on my face (I would never use powder on my face), and the dewiness I work so hard to have, in turn, makes this dark on me. I could see where, on very light or very dark complexions, this would be a really fantastic color - particularly, if they wanted a soft, neutral look - but on me, it's mud.

Love this blush! Perfect everyday color. The only downside is that the packaging broke almost immediately (the top broke off) and the product broke up into pieces when I was about halfway through the pan.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I have pale skin and very vibrant copper hair so I sometimes struggle to find blushes that suit my hair colour and don't clash. Breath of plum is gorgeous!!! On me it's a plum pink colour. The sheertone finish blushes are my second favourite mac finish (matte being my first). I love that they are pigmented and have no glitter or shimmer in them. Breath of Plum lasts about 8 hours on me and blends well. I love this blush so so sooo much and 100% will be buying this again when my current one runs out!!

I absoloutly love this blush, for me, it's the perfect winter blush.i have a very pale, cool skin tone and this lovely berry-plum shade does wonders to my dull complexion during winter.
it originally belonged to my mother, who isn't a big fan of makeup, so she passed it on to me, she has yellow undertones, and it suited us both lovely.wonderfully pigmented, but still sheer, so you can build it up, or just opt for a natural flush.
10/10, i'm about to buy it again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hi! I am NW15 in the winter and NW20 in the summer, and this tone matches me throughout the year! This is a super-pigmented, soft and lovely blush. I have acne/clog prone skin and this doesn't upset it whatsoever. Breath of plum is lovely when I'm tan and when I am pale, which is fantastic and appreciated! A little goes a long way, so I can see this product lasting a very long time. I haven't made a dent yet and I've been wearing it since August (it's Nov. 30 today!). It lasts all day too, which I've never experienced before in a blush outside of Smashbox and Clinique. 10/10 would recommend.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have NC 5/10 skin for reference, and this blush, applied in a medium coverage is surprisingly pink on my cheeks. I have more yellow undertones in my skin, and this blush appears to be a medium toned plummy, dull pink colour on my cheeks with slight beige hues. In the pan, it looks awful; like it would only really suit darker skin tones, - it actually looks downright purple (plum purple), with strong brown tones in it and maybe the slightest bit of dusty pink - I'm greatful it throws more pink on me other wise I would not be able to wear such a cool toned, dark brown shade on my snow white skin, but even being so - i find it to be a very average colour. Looks great with purple lipsticks, as pure pinks can look kind of gharrish - but for the price, I find the colour to be personally very average. Different, ofcourse, but not in a good way. Also, MAC blushes really disappoint me in how long they last on the skin - I found this out after I bought 7 of them, then finally decided to try other brands, came across NARS, and realised that for an extra four dollars you can get such better quality/long lasting blushes.

Top Rated MAC Products