MAC Sheertone Blush - Breath of Plum

4.4

on 3/3/2015 1:26:00 AM

Love this blush! Perfect everyday color. The only downside is that the packaging broke almost immediately (the top broke off) and the product broke up into pieces when I was about halfway through the pan.

on 1/30/2015 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I have pale skin and very vibrant copper hair so I sometimes struggle to find blushes that suit my hair colour and don't clash. Breath of plum is gorgeous!!! On me it's a plum pink colour. The sheertone finish blushes are my second favourite mac finish (matte being my first). I love that they are pigmented and have no glitter or shimmer in them. Breath of Plum lasts about 8 hours on me and blends well. I love this blush so so sooo much and 100% will be buying this again when my current one runs out!!

on 8/24/2014 5:30:00 AM

I absoloutly love this blush, for me, it's the perfect winter blush.i have a very pale, cool skin tone and this lovely berry-plum shade does wonders to my dull complexion during winter.
it originally belonged to my mother, who isn't a big fan of makeup, so she passed it on to me, she has yellow undertones, and it suited us both lovely.wonderfully pigmented, but still sheer, so you can build it up, or just opt for a natural flush.
10/10, i'm about to buy it again.

on 11/30/2013 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hi! I am NW15 in the winter and NW20 in the summer, and this tone matches me throughout the year! This is a super-pigmented, soft and lovely blush. I have acne/clog prone skin and this doesn't upset it whatsoever. Breath of plum is lovely when I'm tan and when I am pale, which is fantastic and appreciated! A little goes a long way, so I can see this product lasting a very long time. I haven't made a dent yet and I've been wearing it since August (it's Nov. 30 today!). It lasts all day too, which I've never experienced before in a blush outside of Smashbox and Clinique. 10/10 would recommend.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have NC 5/10 skin for reference, and this blush, applied in a medium coverage is surprisingly pink on my cheeks. I have more yellow undertones in my skin, and this blush appears to be a medium toned plummy, dull pink colour on my cheeks with slight beige hues. In the pan, it looks awful; like it would only really suit darker skin tones, - it actually looks downright purple (plum purple), with strong brown tones in it and maybe the slightest bit of dusty pink - I'm greatful it throws more pink on me other wise I would not be able to wear such a cool toned, dark brown shade on my snow white skin, but even being so - i find it to be a very average colour. Looks great with purple lipsticks, as pure pinks can look kind of gharrish - but for the price, I find the colour to be personally very average. Different, ofcourse, but not in a good way. Also, MAC blushes really disappoint me in how long they last on the skin - I found this out after I bought 7 of them, then finally decided to try other brands, came across NARS, and realised that for an extra four dollars you can get such better quality/long lasting blushes.

on 6/23/2013 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Beautiful plummy blush, very pigmented for a sheer blush, so I just use a very little on a fluffy MAC blush brush. Colour lasts all day, no fragrance. Matte. Price is a little high, but this product will probably last me for a year, so well worth it.

on 12/4/2012 1:35:00 PM

I LOVE THIS BLUSH. it's fantastic. I've been on the hunt for a colour like this ever since I watched Essiebuttons pinterest look tutorial where she uses a cool toned blush (NARS sin, which is my next buy). I would totally buy it again (have already bought it twice). It's great, despite the minor issues I have with packaging and lasting power.

PROS:
-unique colour (cool toned plum/berry)
-great winter shade
-flattering on most skin tones
-rare colour
-Brightens complexion and looks sophisticated
-sheer, so you can control how dramatic your look is, IMO a huge plus! especially if you're new to blush and/or darker colours.

CONS:
-doesn't last very long (5 hours?)
-flimsy packaging

on 9/29/2012 12:02:00 PM

I'm so conflicted about this blush - it is a beautiful shade that suits my coloring perfectly, but it just doesn't last at all on my skin. My hair is very dark brown (almost black), and I have dark brown eyes and pale skin (NW20). This color is beautiful, especially in the fall and winter months. It's a dusty plum shade, and although it's a Sheertone, you can definitely build the color. However beautiful, this blush lasts only about 3 hours on my oily cheeks before it completely disappears. If this blush were more long-wearing, I'd probably wear it almost every day in the fall and winter months. But because it doesn't last, I hardly find myself reaching for it.

Even though I love the color itself, I probably wouldn't purchase it again simply because it doesn't stay on my skin.

on 5/30/2012 10:53:00 PM

. This is my first MAC blush and I, over all, really like it. It is a very pigmented power blush in a blue based purple. The blush can be used very sheer when applied with a light hand and fan brush. It is also easy to build up the color with this product. I personally do not think the price is a lot for this quality of blush and I plan to replace when I run out.

on 1/18/2012 2:26:00 PM

Very pretty plum color, that actually goes on my NW20 cheeks (with some natural pink to them) a bit reddish/brown plum. And perhaps that is where things first went wrong (reddish browns look awful on me). Sometimes the blush would really, really work. But mostly, it would feel like it was too much, too heavy...and this is a Sheertone! That was a weird thing. Which leads me to the second issue with this, it just does not apply smoothly. Of all the Sheertones I have used, this one seem to get stuck on my skin where the brush hit...and was kind of hard to blend out...it went on blotchy. So back it goes. It just wasn't cutting it.

Popular Blush Products