July 30, 2014 | 2007 users online

Moisturizers - La Prairie - Cellular Time Release Moisture Intensive Cream

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2014 4:58:00 AM More reviews by charlies04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a lovely very thick and creamy moisturizer. Its good for both day and night. The only thing I really don't like is the jar packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2014 6:40:00 PM More reviews by naynagirl

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I normally use Trilogy oil but received a sample of this moisturiser which I have been using for about five days. I noticed this morning how very smooth my skin was. It also seemed lighter (I have brown skin). In fact I had to go and check in better light. The difference is quite noticeable. Unfortunately I cannot afford it but it makes me wonder what the end result would be if I could continue to use it. Definitely recommended.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2013 7:48:00 PM More reviews by Sashaaaa

I got a sample from a store. After applying the cellular serum, which went ok, the cream burned my skin bad, I had to take it off after couple of minutes when the burn had not subsuded. Even chemical peels don't burn me so much and so instant. I never had such a reaction from a cream before!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2012 1:27:00 AM More reviews by barbie_c0ri

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This saved my skin from dry winter weather/conditions. I have very oily skin so I only use it when it's extremely dry usually due to traveling. Whenever I use it, my skin glows the next day! I get tons of compliments as well. Now I can't travel without it. Also, I do have sensitive skin and I am acne prone. No breakouts nor irritations.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2011 3:28:00 AM More reviews by cassyvoss

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this product for the past 2 years and I first fell in love with it when my sister gave it to me as a birthday present. I have combination skin and it's been a challenge trying to find a product that can help moisturize and yet not make my skin break out like mad. Looking at the other reviews, I seem to be quite lucky to be able to accept this product so well and I love love love this product so much. I have been living in an Asian city for the past couple of years so I thought it may not work when I went holidaying in Alaska but heck, I used more of it. There wasn't an issue and I enjoyed my holiday so much because I didn't have to worry about my skin getting dry and scaly. What I love most is definitely the texture of the product, how it melts into my skin and keeps it feeling so moisturized and plumped the whole day. If your skin can accept this product, it's definitely worth the price. For me, I simply canít find another product that works as well and each time I try something new (to cut down on the hefty price tag!) I just break out like crazy. I do hope that one fine day I can find something cheaper and as good.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2011 2:55:00 AM More reviews by ValentinaRUS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This cream burnt my face so bad that I actually had to wash it off. I didn't try to put it on another time. I will definitely recommend trying a sample first

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2010 1:17:00 AM More reviews by artisticrefinement

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This a great cream! I am a 22 year old male. I do not have any major skin problems or concerns. I have been using this cream for a week now and am happy with the results I am seeing. This is not a miracle cream and I doubt it would solve any major skin problems. It moisturizes nicely and is improving the appearance of my skin. It is very concentrated, and I only need a tiny bit each time I apply. I like this cream, but will continue experimenting after I am finished with the jar.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2010 6:50:00 AM More reviews by pilaras

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

a very expensive cream that works wrong in my skin.

fisrt of all, this product have too much fragance (smell like cheap creams like nivea or an air freshener!!!). The fragance only can use for to do an alergic reaction.

I have normal to dry skin, but this cream do a shiny film over my skin that don't absorb it. Moreover, don't moisturizer, for me, zero moisturizing.

Terrible, somebody want this horrible and filming cream?

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2009 8:53:00 PM More reviews by wowsite

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this cream. I have tried many before and this one works best for me. I use it in the morning and at night after La Prairie "Cellular Cleansing Water Eyes and Face". I like that it's not greasy and very light, but still gives necessary moisture, so skin feels just right - not too dry or to oily. I am finishing up 2nd jar and planning to buy more!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2009 5:17:00 AM More reviews by alicemclo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I tried the sample of this cream four months ago and was impressed by it's rich but non-sticky texture. I like the way it is absorbed so quickly. Immediately I got a bottle and felt happy about this fine product. A few weeks later, I started to note my acne-prone skin started to react. Serious breakouts were found around the mouth area. I did not relate this reaction to the cream at all, since I always have confidence in la prairie products (I also used the foam cleaner, the cellular radiance eye cream, anti-redness cream, and anti-aging complex). When I finished the bottle I got a second one, without realising the problem it caused. During those three months using the cream, my acne problem got so worse that all my friends questioned what had gone wrong with my skin. I took drugs from my dermatologist and it didn't help. Feeling hopeless and frustrated, I gave deeper thought to the whole issue and decided to stop using the la prairie cream as well as the foam cleanser. One month on, the acne problem is now almost vanished.

In short, the cream is so invisibly rich so that it's not suitable for my combination, sensitive and acne-prone skin. I'm sorry to say my confidence on the brand is lost. But I hope they'll work for most other ladies.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No