September 1, 2014 | 2002 users online

Lipstick - Bloom - Lipstick

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2013 7:43:00 PM More reviews by Ancatje

I only have one of these, in the loveliest MLBB pink shade - Honeysuckle. But as much as I love the shade, it only lasts about half an hour on my lips before fading and leaving dried up bits on my lips - and that's without eating and drinking!
It's also drying on my lips, even though my lips aren't particularly dry and I don't usually have that problem, and also the lipstick is meant to have a moisturising formula!
They are expensive, at 12, and I won't be wasting my money again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2011 12:44:00 PM More reviews by dzehnie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this lipstick in ragtime and I can't praise it enough. It's a berry red colour that is very flattering on my nc45 skin. It's really long lasting and moisturising. My only prob is the price. I think 12 is quite much for a DS brand but with the quality, I can't complain. Would definitely repurchase. I've tried ragtime on different woc and it looks fabulous on each and every one of them

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2010 5:57:00 AM More reviews by dairyoukojin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this lipstick is great! I got the dusty pink and it really spreads out evenly. Though a little bit pricey..but i think it's a good buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2010 2:19:00 AM More reviews by minerva1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My favourite ever lipstick was The Body Shop's Clover Pink, but since they are now owned by L'Oreal (the world's worst animal testers) I don't buy from the Body Shop any more. So I had to find something to replace my Clover Pink.
Anyway, after a long and exhausting search - filled with disappointments because the others just weren't right- I came across Bloom's matte range of lipsticks. I did already own some Bloom's (pout and vixen) but DUSKY PINK in the matte is perfect.
Soft, easy to apply, lasts a while without needing a touch up and wipes off without the need for removers.

In fact, I think that it is better than the Body Shop's because they used to get waxy and difficult to apply as I got to the end of the tube - and they had started to taste rancid. Dusky Pink is great until the end. At $24 (Australian) it is a bargain.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/24/2008 5:39:00 PM More reviews by amna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

ordered two, sweet pea and pout..sweet pea hardly shows up...its a very light , sheery mauvy color... and pout is a light brick red color... its nice but not what i wanted..

both lipsticks are way toooo greasy... i would need lipliner before wearing either...

kinda disappointed.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2008 4:35:00 AM More reviews by tv123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this in the color Indulge. I like it a lot because it's very similar to my natural lip color only it's better. This color seems to be more sheer than some other colors in the line such as Pout. I really like sheer colors because it looks more natural. I also have very dry lips so I can only wear sheer glossy lipstick and this lipstick fits the criteria. For a sheer lipstick, the staying power is decent. The packaging is also pretty cute. However, I feel a little conflicted about this product because it contains Mandarin oil which is photosensitive. The color Indulge also contains carmine, which is from ground up beatles. Although this ingredient is found in many beauty products, I still find it to be pretty disgusting.The good news is that not all the Bloom lipstick colors contain carmine. If the addition of carmine does concern you, you might want to look at the ingredient list on the box first to see which color is carmine-free. Also, London Drugs in Canada often has good deals on Bloom products.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2008 11:20:00 PM More reviews by the_hostess

While I think Bloom is outrageously expensive, I somehow keep going back. For those who can't find Bloom counters at Sephora anymore, check Ulta; they have one there. Anyway, I purchased a lipstick in "Kissable" which is a very shimmery, baby pink. Very pretty and great for a natural look. I think it would mostly suit fair skinned ladies. It brings out the eyes and looks divine with brown eyeshadow, dark lashes, and peach blush. Looks effortless while still offering glamourous shine. Deducted a lippie because of the steep $20 price, but I love the packaging. Happy hunting!

UPDATE: I wore this more often, and I realized it was WAY too frosty and made my teeth appear yellow. (Yeah, it was one of THOSE pinks). Traded it in for Smashbox's O-Gloss.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2006 7:17:00 AM More reviews by abigail80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My all-time favorite lipsticks are Bloom's. I have been using Bloom's lipsticks for over six years now, and love the fantastic mandarin orange-vanilla scent, the packaging, and the lovely colors. I am so sad Sephora no longer carries this brand, but I did stock up when the brand was on sale last winter and got some great deals. I have this lipstick in sweet pea (my lipstick HG), sweety, and sweetheart. I also tried sheer pout a few years ago and loved that shade too. These lipsticks are a pleasure to use, long-wearing, and very moisturizing.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2006 1:32:00 PM More reviews by sukhveta

I generally don't use red lipsticks, but Bloom's Babe is such a rich and beautiful colour that i just could't resist! I was a bit skeptical when the salesgirl recomended it as red lipsticks tend to make me look older than I am. But this shade is gorgeous! Goes on smooth and doesnt dry lips out either. And smells divine! Only drawback is Bloom is quite highly priced in Malaysia. But shelling out for this was a pleasure. Am gonna try out other shades soon.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2005 3:25:00 AM More reviews by Scarlettfish

I bought this in 'Vixen', which is part of the 2005 Hollywood Glamour collection available in Australia. It is a gorgeous reddy-plum shade that is perfect for both day and night. It is thick, creamy, easy to apply, and it lasts. Cute packaging, too. I have been very impressed by all of Bloom's products thus far.