August 2, 2014 | 1233 users online

Lipstick - Christian Dior - Addict Lipstick in Stellar Brown

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2008 6:12:00 PM More reviews by Shadow_Witch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I fell for the rave reviews claiming this shade suited most complexions and I was duped. On my MACNW15 cool/neutral with red undertones and some slight freckling, this l/s goes on a drab mlbbrown. The shade and formula manages to make my full lips look flat and thin. It ages me instantly causing me to shriek in horror at my bathroom mirror in natural light. When I flipped the indoor lights on, it was all over. I placed it carefully back in its box and popped it on my swap list.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/11/2007 7:13:00 PM More reviews by Serenawm

My own darn fault. I bought this product based solely on the fact that many reviewers seemed to think that it looks good on skin of all colors. Sadly, while the formula is creamy and the scent is mild and pleasant, the color is HORRIBLE on me. Way too "deadening" on a blue/gray-eyed, freckled strawberry blonde.

My husband doesn't want to be seen in public with me when I wear this; he calls me "the corpse" or "the crypt-keeper." No doubt the color looks good on many people, which is why I'm giving it a 2 instead of a 1. But on me: DREADFUL.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2006 2:24:00 PM More reviews by blues69

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Too expensive compared to the way it delivers.
I found the formula to be kind of drying, not moisturizing, and the colour disappears on me in time, even without eating/drinking.
The colour itself is OK, it washes me out a little (fair complexion,blond/blue), very natural looking. I like the smell.
I'll be finishing this tube but won't be re-buying, since I have other lipsticks that suit me better, at a much more convenient price.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2006 3:28:00 PM More reviews by mauimere

I bought this after reading all the great reviews, unfortunately I hate it. It didn't last at all on my lips. Also the color made me look dead and I wear browns on a regular basis. This just didn't work for me colorwise or staying power wise - very disappointed and I was so excited to try it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2006 2:49:00 PM More reviews by Aligirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My search for a the HG Nude is finally over..Thought it was L'Oreal Aishwarya Beige till I discovered Stellar Brown..It's the perfect neutral mix of pink& brown with a pearlescent sheen.Doesn't give me that dead,washed out look that some nudes can nor does it turn orangey or fushcia as some pink based shades can on my warm complexion.And the formula...too die for!So smooth and creamy..Doesn't leave me feeling dry.Has earned instant HG status in my stash

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2006 3:50:00 PM More reviews by jasanna143

Great l/s and great formula! Lasting power is great and the package is ingenious! Love the pinky brown shade...goes well w/ any kind of m/u that you're doing! I can see myself wearing this year round and should be a staple in everyone's m/u bag! This is a shade they should NEVER discontinue. I always seem to fall back on this when I want a luscious lip look..looks great w/ any kind of l/g on top too...you just can't go wrong..FYI, drk hair/eyes, NC25-30. Run to get one of your own!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2006 5:52:00 AM More reviews by ninjalips

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased Stellar Brown from the duty free as a part of a trio and considered it a lucky break! It's creamy, soft and hydrating on the lips and it's a perfect colour for my light olive skin tone. It looks great if you top it up with clear gloss if you fancy more sparkle though its creamy consistency gives it a lovely sheen which is not overpowering. It's a fuss-free colour that goes really well with defined, dark eyebrows--as I use or as a part of a smoky eye ensemble. The packaging was sturdy yet creative, I thought, but then again I like most of the Christian Dior make up packaging. Even at the duty free it wasn't cheap but it's well worth it. I would surely buy it again and again as long as they go on making it. I strongly recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2004 2:02:00 PM More reviews by buttercupt

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a nice color, just doesn't work well with my skintone (NC20). As with all Dior lipsticks, the formula is amazing, moisturizing, wears well & looks great on (this one just didn't strike me as WOW on me, it was still nice, I just wear other colors more). They call these things "addict" for a reason.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2004 3:09:00 PM More reviews by lipstik

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Nice YLBB color. This formula is one of smoothest, silkiest ones around. Doesn't have that typical lipstick-y feel.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2004 4:52:00 AM More reviews by megalee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OMG!!!! I'm ADDICTed!! This, by far, is the best lipstik I have tried!! I got this in a pack of 3 at the KLIA dutyfree shop. I was initially in love with the gorgeous packaging. I'm a sucker for great packagings!! I kept the Stellar Brown (which is a shimmery pinky brown) and I gave the other 2 colors (Rose Mirage and Rose Interference, I think) to my mom and sister-in-law, before I had a chance to try it (well, now I regret I gave the other 2 away :oP). I was surprised when I first applied it. It glides on soooo smoothly on my lips!! And the color is just great, it's MLBB!! It gives the slightest shimmer on my asian PPP skin. It feels just sooooo comfortable on my lips!! I'll be purchasing this in other colors soon!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No