April 17, 2014 | 1925 users online

Crème - Agnes B. - Aqua Compact Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2005 11:01:00 PM More reviews by JenniferStewart

I've been using the Aqua compact off and on for the last two years. I rate it a five because I always seem to go back to it after trying something different. I can appear thick and cake like but the key is to apply w/ a damp make-up sponge. Also it's been great for me as an eye shawdow base on my lids. My eye shawdow never creases or disappears during the day. I swear!!!! I've even used the Aqua compact as a concealer for under my eyes. Give it a try.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2004 11:53:00 AM More reviews by lindsey835

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Heavy foundation that left my skin a greasy mess. One of the worst foundations I've ever tried.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/24/2003 11:39:00 AM More reviews by JillieG

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Can you say Y-U-C-K?? I agree with the below post, this is very HEAVY on your skin, especially for something advertised as a "water" foundation. I have never worn a foundation that is heavy on my face, it felt like a thin lead blanket. Threw it away.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2003 12:29:00 PM More reviews by jennwebb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great stuff that blends in and leaves you dewey. However, I can only use it when I have a tan. The lightest color is too dark, otherwise.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2003 2:55:00 PM More reviews by Nikk

Yuk. Went on fine, easy to apply, looked pretty good after it was on. 10 minutes later I was a huge grease pit, my face was GROSS.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2003 12:43:00 PM More reviews by goblin_king_groupie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i loved this stuff..very light, very smooth application. i have very oily skin, so it did sometimes have a tendency to make me a little greazy by the end of the day. but a really great product nonetheless. the packaging is very cute, although rather impractical. i think this one was kind of on the expensive side--$22 originally? i think i got it for free as part of some promotional offer at ccb-paris. when i use up my other foundation i'll buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2002 4:49:00 PM More reviews by YolandaMC

This has got to be the WORST foundation I have ever used. It has fragrance, so when I applied it near my eyes, I immediately had an allergic reaction. It gave a dewy finish, but this is nothing compared to VLWC.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2002 1:14:00 PM More reviews by charlita

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was not impressed with this product at all. The application was fake looking and cakey on me. The colors are orange-y and there aren't any light shades for fair skinned people. It is not nearly as sheer as my VLWC. I agree that you only need to buy the refills and not the zippered pouch since the container they come in is sufficient. I guess this works for some but you could find an equivalent at the drugstore.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2002 1:02:00 AM More reviews by amyaub

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this and was eager to try it but unfortunately the color was too dark so I didnt even try it. The color selection for this product is awful and until they come out with a better color selection I just get left out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2002 9:35:00 PM More reviews by PeggyA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I received a coupon to buy items at CCB for 50% off. I have been wanting to try this foundation so I ordered it. This is a great foundation and I can't imagine ever spending the money on Vincent Longos Water Canvas when this is so similiar but at 1/4 of the price. The foundation goes on creamy and looks very natural. The only thing I did not understand at all was the ridiculous zippered compact that I paid extra for?? It was big and clumsy and for the life of me I don't know why they couldn't have found something sleek and light. I intend to just buy refills from now on.