Agnes B. Aqua Compact Foundation

3.2

I've been using the Aqua compact off and on for the last two years. I rate it a five because I always seem to go back to it after trying something different. I can appear thick and cake like but the key is to apply w/ a damp make-up sponge. Also it's been great for me as an eye shawdow base on my lids. My eye shawdow never creases or disappears during the day. I swear!!!! I've even used the Aqua compact as a concealer for under my eyes. Give it a try.

on 6/1/2004 11:53:00 AM

Heavy foundation that left my skin a greasy mess. One of the worst foundations I've ever tried.

on 12/24/2003 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Can you say Y-U-C-K?? I agree with the below post, this is very HEAVY on your skin, especially for something advertised as a "water" foundation. I have never worn a foundation that is heavy on my face, it felt like a thin lead blanket. Threw it away.

on 8/25/2003 12:29:00 PM

Great stuff that blends in and leaves you dewey. However, I can only use it when I have a tan. The lightest color is too dark, otherwise.

on 8/12/2003 2:55:00 PM

Yuk. Went on fine, easy to apply, looked pretty good after it was on. 10 minutes later I was a huge grease pit, my face was GROSS.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

i loved this stuff..very light, very smooth application. i have very oily skin, so it did sometimes have a tendency to make me a little greazy by the end of the day. but a really great product nonetheless. the packaging is very cute, although rather impractical. i think this one was kind of on the expensive side--$22 originally? i think i got it for free as part of some promotional offer at ccb-paris. when i use up my other foundation i'll buy this again.

on 6/13/2002 4:49:00 PM

This has got to be the WORST foundation I have ever used. It has fragrance, so when I applied it near my eyes, I immediately had an allergic reaction. It gave a dewy finish, but this is nothing compared to VLWC.

on 4/24/2002 1:14:00 PM

I was not impressed with this product at all. The application was fake looking and cakey on me. The colors are orange-y and there aren't any light shades for fair skinned people. It is not nearly as sheer as my VLWC. I agree that you only need to buy the refills and not the zippered pouch since the container they come in is sufficient. I guess this works for some but you could find an equivalent at the drugstore.

on 4/24/2002 1:02:00 AM

I bought this and was eager to try it but unfortunately the color was too dark so I didnt even try it. The color selection for this product is awful and until they come out with a better color selection I just get left out.

on 4/10/2002 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I received a coupon to buy items at CCB for 50% off. I have been wanting to try this foundation so I ordered it. This is a great foundation and I can't imagine ever spending the money on Vincent Longos Water Canvas when this is so similiar but at 1/4 of the price. The foundation goes on creamy and looks very natural. The only thing I did not understand at all was the ridiculous zippered compact that I paid extra for?? It was big and clumsy and for the life of me I don't know why they couldn't have found something sleek and light. I intend to just buy refills from now on.

Popular Crème Foundations