November 28, 2014 | 1066 users online

Skincare - Face - Arbonne - Entire Line

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2014 4:22:00 PM More reviews by acorsaut

I'm a makeup artist and I'm very familiar with so many brands of makeup and skincare, and what I do know is that makeup looks 100 times better when your skin is healthy and happy.

That being said, I recently started working with a girl who sells Arbonne products and I demonstrate the makeup line for her at her openhouses/parties because she's not trained in makeup. In exchange for payment, and because we've been friends for a looooong time, she's given me product at steeply discounted prices; she has also given me products (not samples, full size bottles) to try for a couple weeks before investing my money into them. I don't use the RE9 line because I am in my mid-twenties and it's aimed at a slightly higher age group. My skin is pretty dry, going to normal in the summer, and RED!! Like rosaeca (sp) red. It's not sensitive but just dry and red. Although I have used products in the past where my skin gets really hot when I use them and then itchy during the day - so I guess a little sensitive.

As a makeup artist, I will honestly say - not a fan of the makeup. It just cannot compare to brands like MAC and MUFE and even some Urban Decay products, but the skin care is better than most I've personally used. I use the calm line and I really like it. It's helped a lot with the redness and my skin has less bumps and dry patches on it. I also really like the ultra hydrating hand lotion because it doesn't leave your skin with that greasy feel a lot of other hand creams do. It also works really well in the winter for my skin - which gets really dry in the winter. I haven't used too many other products - I will say I tried the Pure Vibrance hair line (which my friend lent to me to try) and it was ok, but I already use a salon line (AG) anyways, so that isn't something I'm going to switch. Before using the calm line, I was using Simple and Live Clean products, which I thought were pretty good but after using this one I'm very happy with the line.

I know this line, or even brand, isn't going to be for everyone but that's why there are so many brands out there so that you can pick the one that's right for you. If I didn't get a discount on these products, I may think twice about purchasing them but with that being said, can you really put a price on your skin? I know I sound sales-y and I don't mean to, however I've seen how women age who do not take care of their skin and sometimes makeup doesn't fix it so it boosted me to make sure I take care of my skin now before it's too late. I don't tan and am very cautious of sun exposure because I'm very, very fair (if you wear MAC foundation I wear an NW13 is Studio Fix Fluid). I didn't try any of the nutrition based products because I believe lines should stick to what they know best and this brand started out as a skin care brand, which is what I feel they know and do best. I think it's definitely worth a shot, and maybe it doesn't work for you but maybe it will. You won't know until you try, just like everything else. You didn't know your HG product was your HG product until you tried right?

Further, regarding pushy sales. Since I know the person very well, she doesn't try to "sell" me on things. The first meeting we had about working together she brought me a basket of things, said here try them out and see what you think. Then we can see if we will work together. She said if you don't like the line, you can't fake that you do around others and it's not fair to people buying it if you're faking it. I told her I still prefer MAC but not everyone can wear MAC because the ingredients make some people really break out bad. So as a botanical line, it's pretty good but not my favourite and not the best I've worked with makeup wise. But back to sales, I think with any network or direct marketing you're going to get pushy sales people, it's part of the business and it's how they make money. Some of them are over the top, some of them get that you said no and if you want to try it you will contact them. I am lucky in that it's a really close friend of mine who sells it so she doesn't try to "sell" me but if she didn't I imagine I might have one of those people who tries to get me to buy absolutely anything she can.

Overall, I recommend trying it. It's not the most expensive out there but it's not the cheapest either. I think for the money, and if it works for you, you're making a great investment in the life of your skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2014 8:23:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Jayworldofbeauty - what a nasty review. Instead of bashing MUA reviewers you should stick to selling your Arbonne. Right, now that's out of the way ... I have three friends who sell Arbonne. One of them - being a very honest person who is not totally sold on the MLM thing - knows better than to try to sell to me and will only tell me about the product range if I ask her. Apart from the obvious angst that comes from occasionally feeling obligated to feign interest in what the other two are selling and being fought over as a cash cow (it being close to Xmas, I'm currently a cow with little cash to spare), I've tried various items but was never really impressed with any of them. The primer seemed good but it gave me tiny blisters after a few days' use. The RE9 line does not suit my skin at all and burned on contact. Wouldn't try anything else in this line for these reasons.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/4/2014 7:11:00 PM More reviews by NatachaXoxo

Arbonne is NOT "all natural" ladies... Familiarize yourselves with ingredients;)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2014 4:43:00 AM More reviews by bridgie93

hmmmm okay, so if youd like to hear a non-biased view, read on.

i rarely have skin problems, lucky me. ive used the entire skin care range and have had no problems...in fact its pretty good. i dont care about the whole organic/ paraben free / vegan stuff. HOWEVER for the crap price tag, there is a more than likely chance you can find an actual skincare range at a better price that actually works better. Arbonne 'consultants' to me just seem like money-hungry. if you claim that youre skincare range 'works', please show consumers your ingredients, and show us reliable, peer-reviewed information. i am gobsmacked to see how many people believe information that is just seen on the internet, or tv, or word of mouth, etc etc...

Again, the make up range - SO average. Pigments arent that great for photographing either. Being brutally honest, you really are better off buying professional stage make up full of pigments, and you can most likely find that other labels have a better price tag.

Do yourself a favour. BUY A DECENT SKINCARE RANGE, AND BUY REAL MAKE UP. All the hassle from buying from a consultant really isnt worth the hype it is. Sorry Arbonne.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2014 1:39:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

"Patrolium?" Oh, you mean "petroleum."

I have a friend who swears by this brand. No, I can't afford it, but my friend has been using it for years and her skin looks pretty good. She's about my age. I'd give it a try, if I could pay for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2014 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Jayworldofbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok some of these reviews are an absolute joke.
The one comparing arbonne to what was it Mary Kay?
Wow I have had extreme results using arbonne and love it! I've haven't had so many compliments since I was in my early 20s.
Also I had a Mary Kay lady try to sell me her anti aging products, and I'm not exaggerating when I say she had the face of a prune. So why would I trust that???

Don't even get me started on -kaylynncr89. You shouldn't be tooting your own horn because I am a established beautician and can tell you your testimonial was crap. U need to do a little more research honey.

All these people lying on her and over exaggerating on her should be ashamed of yourselves. This is a vegan product and I love with it!

And everyone else who is over exaggerating because of buyers remorse. Sorry u can afford to have the best for your skin :( stop being miserable and grouchy all the time and try to be a little more positive and positives will come your way trust me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2014 4:57:00 AM More reviews by TeresaR

I love Arbonne products. Like a few of you, when I first began using them I broke out but it seemed to be due to my pores releasing all of the toxins or getting use to the new products because after a few weeks it cleared up and I have had no other problems. I have found no place on their site where they say they are all natural, they state they are botanically based, but not all natural. Everyone will always have their own opinion but I for one love all of arbonnes products. I have one daughter who uses their Clear Advantage and her skin has cleared up from break outs and another who uses one of their other face products, the FC5 but I love the Re9 because I want to look as young as I can for as long as I can. It even feels amazing on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2014 2:56:00 PM More reviews by Kaycn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE the whole RE9 set! For everyone who is saying they broke out like crazy after the first week, you probably don't always use all natural cosmetics and skin care products! Just like our body detoxes, so does our skin! Once you switch from the normal make up and skin care products to products that are mineral oil and paraben free- your skin will break out, however, after about 2-3 weeks you will see a huge difference in your skin! I have been using nothing but Arbonne and Tarte cosmetics and skin care products for the last 5 years and if I use something else, my skin breaks out too. I absolutely LOVE the RE9 system. I am only 23 and technically don't have to use the RE9 system for a few more years (RE9 is the anti aging line) but this sytem makes my skin so soft and bright compared to the Arbonne FC5 line (generally for teens to early twenties- pre antiaging). I love it and will continue to use it! It can be a bit pricey but is worth it. You definitely get what you pay for and Arbonne has a few ways you can get the products at a discounted price!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2014 1:58:00 PM More reviews by Cocojadore

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I forgot to mention I had the worst breakout around my mouth and everywhere and had to seek professional help to get my complexion back! YOUVE BEEN WARNED!! Oh and my consultant had to take a break because her skin has gotten so bad....

rated 1 of 5 on 3/8/2014 1:00:00 PM More reviews by kaylynncr89

Okay, listen.... I'm not here to honk my own horn.... But I went to school for aesthetics 6 years ago and went back 3 years ago for medical aesthetics. In medical aesthetics you learn what each and every ingredient means, and what they do. So I have a very high knowledge in cosmetics, skin care and especially ingredients (again not trying to sound like I know more then most) I was invited to a facial party with a friend and was excited because I have a very high passion for skin care. Before the party I wanted to do a little research on the product online. On the actual Arbonne website they don't even list the ingredients for each product. HUGE RED FLAG! The ingredient list is on a separate page and only shows a generalization of what they put in all their products. Once at the party, the consultant began by bashing all other skin care lines, saying they are 'all' full of parabens.... Incredibly unprofessional in my eyes. During her spiel she was passing around some products. Being obsessed with ingredients as I am, i noticed some natural ingredients, along with some great fruit extracts, and oils (which are basic ingredients in most skin care products anyways). But also noticed 'polyparparaben' WHICH IS A PARABEN!!!!!!!!!!!! I also noticed 'premol' and 'mineral oil' WHICH ARE PATROLIUM! Which are actually not the worst thing to have in a product because it does help lock in moisture BUT! The company claims they are patrolium and paraben free!!! Then consultant was very nice and I can not say anything bad about her because she's just doing her job, but I have encountered several Arbonne consultants and they all have the exact same brain washed mind set. 'Arbonne changed their life, they all had a friend who was the most successful lawyer or plastic surgeon in the city who quit their job to be a Arbonne consultant and that their products are the absolute best on the market because they contain botanicals'. (Most products are going on the more natural side in the last 10 years anyways? What's the difference....?)

9 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No