April 17, 2014 | 1492 users online

Skincare - Face - Arbonne - Entire Line

rated 1 of 5 on 3/8/2014 1:00:00 PM More reviews by kaylynncr89

Okay, listen.... I'm not here to honk my own horn.... But I went to school for aesthetics 6 years ago and went back 3 years ago for medical aesthetics. In medical aesthetics you learn what each and every ingredient means, and what they do. So I have a very high knowledge in cosmetics, skin care and especially ingredients (again not trying to sound like I know more then most) I was invited to a facial party with a friend and was excited because I have a very high passion for skin care. Before the party I wanted to do a little research on the product online. On the actual Arbonne website they don't even list the ingredients for each product. HUGE RED FLAG! The ingredient list is on a separate page and only shows a generalization of what they put in all their products. Once at the party, the consultant began by bashing all other skin care lines, saying they are 'all' full of parabens.... Incredibly unprofessional in my eyes. During her spiel she was passing around some products. Being obsessed with ingredients as I am, i noticed some natural ingredients, along with some great fruit extracts, and oils (which are basic ingredients in most skin care products anyways). But also noticed 'polyparparaben' WHICH IS A PARABEN!!!!!!!!!!!! I also noticed 'premol' and 'mineral oil' WHICH ARE PATROLIUM! Which are actually not the worst thing to have in a product because it does help lock in moisture BUT! The company claims they are patrolium and paraben free!!! Then consultant was very nice and I can not say anything bad about her because she's just doing her job, but I have encountered several Arbonne consultants and they all have the exact same brain washed mind set. 'Arbonne changed their life, they all had a friend who was the most successful lawyer or plastic surgeon in the city who quit their job to be a Arbonne consultant and that their products are the absolute best on the market because they contain botanicals'. (Most products are going on the more natural side in the last 10 years anyways? What's the difference....?)

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2014 2:56:00 PM More reviews by janemarieo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I drank the Kool-Aid on this one .... Short story before the long, skin broke out like crazy, my skin was a grease slick when I don't have oily skin, makeup didn't stay on for a min.

My friend invited me to her friends place for a "facial night" which was hosted by an independent consultant for Arbonne. I'm in the health care field and conscious about toxic chemicals and how to check my labels for things like parabens etc. To me Arbonne sounded so nice, wow good quality products that I don't need to scour the label to determine if I could buy. After about 3 follow up phone calls and emails from the "consultant" I bought the whole RE9 set as well as the Cellular renewal mask which I really liked during the facial.

My first reg flag warning me that this may not be the best idea was when I asked the "consultant" about her skin care background and how she would recommend a certain product over another, and her answer was "I came from the corporate world and Arbonne changed my life blah blah... just look to the catalog for suggestions"

I used the RE9 set for under a week and my skin went insane. Every pore on my face was clogged... seriously. Even pores on my forehead which I have almost NEVER gotten pimples. My pimples generally crop up around the mouth and jaw (those hormonal ones) but this was something else... it was EVERYWHERE on my face!! It took me about 2 years and experimenting with every OTC, RX and herbal treatment in the world to finally nail down my skincare regimen to get my acne under control, so I stopped using right away and checked the ingredients label.

I don't think Arbonne is as "natural" as they claim to be and their ingredient list a mile long kind of confirms it. Just because you use a lot of botanical substances mixed in with other common chemicals that all other cosmetic companies use doesn't mean you can say you are better right?? I think for me what did it was the excess use of oils like safflow and sunflower and oil of this and oil of that.. and it wasn't just in one or 2 items from the set it is in every single one!! From my dabbling in the essential oil cleanse phase I've learned my skin only likes jojoba, argon, tea tree and lavender oil.

Since I spent so much money on the RE9 set I was given a free gift so I chose the CC cream. This is the WORST CC cream I have ever used. It is so greasy. Combined with the greasy oily feel of the RE9 products my makeup basically slid off my face in a wet sheet moments after putting it on.

Needless to say I've went back to my normal routine, things are starting to clear up and I'm kicking myself for wasting my money. Thankfully Arbonne has a very forgiving refund policy so I wont lose all my $ but I think I will forever be hounded by the "consultant" .........

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2014 2:17:00 AM More reviews by Clairce1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried out a sample set from a friend who is one of arbonnes consultants. Wasn't overly impressed with face wash, toner stung my face and serum - seemed ok but guess you need more than a few days to see the effects. I will say though the moisturiser (R9) was fantastic!! Sunk into my skin immediately and made the makeup on top look great. I went on the website to order it immediately. Opted to be a preferred customer - I was willing to pay £40 for a moisturiser so good and even picked a few more things which soon knocked the price to over £140. Then I noticed the p@p charge and immediately shut the page down. What a rip off company. Yes the stuff is good but to justify the high prices and then stick on so much P@p - nope not for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2014 7:41:00 AM More reviews by BYJ

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchase and use Arbonne products not just because they are effective BUT more importantly for me, that they are free of harmful ingredients. I don't believe that most people research what they are slathering on their skin and almost every brand that of cosmetics contain cancer causing ingredients.
Baby Oil, or mineral oil, sits on your skin like saran wrap and does not hydrate your skin and causes deeper wrinkles yet it is sold as the miracle moisturizer for your babies! Anything petroleum based should not be used as skin care.
People should be more concerned with looking for skincare that is good for your health. I personally have used this line for years and while I don't love everything in the line I love that I know that it is safe for me and my family.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2013 6:00:00 AM More reviews by coylilfox

Let me begin by saying that I used to sell this line, but don't anymore. I've tried most of the products. When I 1st tried the former Intelligence skin care line, I loved it - my combination skin seemed to become more "normal" from the Intelligence Balancing Mist (toner). That's the 1st thing I noticed.

Now I use the entire Re9 Advanced line.

Re9 Cleanser - This is the 1st cleanser that's ever cleaned OUT my pores. I noticed that my blackheads & whiteheads get washed out. I love the way it lathers. I only use about 1/3 to half a pump each time, and it it takes off all my make up (but not waterproof make up)

Re9 Toner - Love love love. I'm a toner girl, and this is my fave. Works great to balance out my combination skin - my T-Zone got less oily and my cheeks got more moisturized! The 1 thing I wish it did more was minimize my pores. It does a bit, but not as dramatically as I would like.

Re9 Serum - This feels great on my skin and it's supposed to speed up the turnover of skin cells. I don't actually know if it actually does, but I still use it as part of the whole system, and it feels like I'm missing something if I accidentally miss it once in a while.

Re9 Eye Cream - I can definitely notice a difference that this stuff makes overnight. It really helps to tighten and de-puffify eyes.

Re9 Day Cream SPF20 - I love how this isn't oily or thick-feeling like the old Re9 day cream used to be. It feels great.

Re9 Night Cream - I LOVE this. Having said that, I sometimes sub in the Arbonne Intelligence Rejuvenating Cream as my night cream just for variety (and it's more cost-effective)

The whole system takes me less than 3 min, and doesn't feel like there's anything on my skin afterwards. Because there's no mineral oil, it all soaks into skin, and is so breathable.

365 days of the year, I follow my skin care regimen with the Arbonne waterproof SPF 30 sunscreen, which I LOVE. It's the only sunscreen that I hope to ever wear as it's so amazing!!!

I follow that with either the FC5 Mattifying powder (when I don't wear make up) or the Arbonne Make Up Primer (makes your face feel divine, and doesn't clog pores).

I then put on either the Perfecting Liquid Foundation or the Mineral Powder foundation.

Arbonne Perfecting Liquid Foundation - I love this. It's such a lovely colour (I am a Rose Blush - for referance, MAC NW20). This is the only foundation I've ever used where I can just pile it on if I need more coverage (and dab it onto spots). Ever since I started using this foundation, I stopped using concealer. It can be as little or as high coverage as you need. Best of all, it's so so light that it just feels like you're wearing no make up, and I don't break out after 5 hrs like I did with all other high-coverage foundations I've used. (I modelled for 5 yrs, and always started breaking out after 5 hrs of wearing foundation!)

Arbonne Mineral Powder Foundation - I love how it's so photogenic - somehow it just makes you look airbrushed in photos. However, I find that it doesn't do justice for my oily zone - it looks AMAZING for the 1st couple of hours, and then when my T-Zone starts getting oily, the powder sticks to the oil, and even if I blot with FC5 mattifying powder, it just looks worse and caked on, especially close up. If you have dry to normal skin, go for it! If oily or combo, I'd suggest you stick to the liquid foundation (I know it's counter-intuitive, but with the liquid foundation, you can just blot with mattifying powder, and get on with your life instead of agonizing over how to make the oily spots less make-upey). I also find that with this mineral powder foundation, the colour is a bit golden, especially if you pile it on. It doesn't lend itself to pileage, especially in comparison with the liquid foundation. Maybe it's the colour I use (Light), but the more you pile it on, the more golden/yellow I look. If you try to put on more in the afternoon, it looks caked on.

Shimmery Highlighter - this is the stuff that comes in a tube that you squeeze. I don't notice a lot of difference, but I use it as an eye primer after foundation. I put it from my lashline to my browline.

It's a Long Story mascara - I alternate this with my Sephora mascara with lenthening/thickening serum. I have to layer it on in thin layers (instead of piling it on) or else my curl doesn't hold. This is a good every-day mascara, but for night time lashes, I prefer a more dramatic look like I get with waterproof Maybelline Falsies drug store mascara.

SPF 30 sunscreen lip balm - it's a good one, and I love how it has SPF, but if I have extremely chapped lips, I usually use an aloe vera lip balm (like Forever Living Aloe Vera lip balm).

Arbonne lipstick - I love it! It's highly pigmented, moisturizing, and long-lasting, but comes off pretty easily without staining when you wipe it off! This is a winning lipstick! I love how Arbonne uses good ingredients because I would hate to eat toxic ingredients. In fact, this is what keeps me using Arbonne lip products routinely because not only does it work well, but I know I don't have to worry if I accidentally eat some of it.

Arbonne Lip Polish - I regularly use the one named Posh. I like how it's not too sheer, but is moisturizing and not sticky. I would like it even more if it was shinier and lasted longer (like Sephora brand lip glosses which are super shiny and not really sticky).

Arbonne eye liner pencil - I like how it goes on, but I have issues with my eyeliner transferring and smudging. Unfortunately, this is no exception. I wish Arbonne made an eyeliner pencil that's waterproof and smudge-free.

Arbonne liquid eye liner - I don't use liquid eye liner, but my mom says it's quite good. I think she keeps going back to it because of the good ingredients, not because it looks extraordinary or anything.

Back to skin care for a bit:

FC5 - I used the line for combo skin of course, and it smelled really nice, but did

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2013 11:27:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am new to Arbonne and I do NOT sell it - but a lady at my work has clearly "drunk the kool-aid" so I caved and bought a few things.

So far there are products I love and others that I merely like. All of it is over priced - they have to mark it up so the "Independent Consultants" get their cut. I do not like there pushy marketing style.

Meanwhile, I am a Preferred Customer (NOT a Consultant) and in for the next year - so i will play around, but I am not signing up as a consultant.

The Intelligence Rejeuvenating cream is excellent. The scrubs smell nice and work well - but are not HG status.
In general the products are OK to good - not great and way overpriced.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2013 8:34:00 PM More reviews by ikeman

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Like any product, there will be those who love it and those who hate it. I, personally, love it! I was getting my haircut where they had a woman with a small area dedicated to selling Arbonne. While my foils were processing, she set me up with several samples. I was VERY reluctant to like it, just because I wasn't seeking anything new.

My skin breaks out in tiny pimples with most products that I've used in the past. So far, Glo Minerals liquid foundation was all that I liked in the foundation department. This all changed when I tried the Arbonne Perfecting foundation in honey beige. I have NEVER found a color that matched my skin tone as well and blended on my face like this. I then proceeded to try the skin care too. Oh, I love it as well. It felt like it had a firming quality to it. The eye cream was great as well. The foaming cleanser smells good and feels wonderful after using.

I purchased one product from the woman but found by going on Ebay I could by the samples cheaper. You don't need a lot of product for this to work. I mention this to avoid the pushy consultants people have mentioned and those who are budget worried.

As a result, this product line is very good. Are there skin care products that work just as good? Probably, but I like the foundation and then got hooked on the skin care as well. I am very picky about this kind of stuff and don't buy over-the-counter products too often. I like Clinique too but not their make-up.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2013 6:40:00 PM More reviews by enigma12

Just don't bother! I don't sell the product so don't need to fabricate a review! Arbonne doesn't work and is full of fillers that work! I think it's a marketing type product with cheap ingredients! All I know is I followed the regime faithfully for over 6 months and spent a lot of money on these products and my wrinkles got worse and age spots begun to appear because I stopped using my original skin care, which actually works!

If you want to age quickly and waste a lot of money, then try Arbonne! Again, I don't sell the product so don't need to embellish my review! All of my friends who tried the product feel the same!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/10/2013 7:18:00 PM More reviews by Tearbag1969

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Got suckered into buying this. Too many steps and leaves my face super oily and broken out. Wayyyyy too expensive. Will never purchase again

rated 2 of 5 on 4/23/2013 12:05:00 AM More reviews by princessp87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

For the entire re9 line. I had the worst reaction! I noticed a little redness the first day but just thought it was from scrubbing. On the second day, my face was on fire and extremely dry my lower eyelids got all red and swollen and my eyes were runny the entire day and would not stop. Needless to day i did not use it that night. Today is the third day since I used it my face is burning still extremely dry and sore to the touch. I couldn't even put makeup on for work as i didn't want to touch my face. I was recommended to try diaper rash cream on my face overnight and it should help it felt refreshing instantly. I will say though that before my face reacted so badly that it felt amazingly smooth and soft. I was falling in love with it until i couldn't touch my face anymore.