October 31, 2014 | 1074 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sephora - Slanted Blush Brush

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2014 1:45:00 PM More reviews by Cheungc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I had this goat hair brush for a couple of months before I did an overhaul make-up brush upgrade to the Hakuhodo brand and gave my Sephora slanted brush to my sister.

This was the first slanted blush brush I've ever used (the Sephora Professionelle flat blush brush used to be my one-and-only): I had bought it with contouring in mind, but ended up using it to apply highlighter powder to the tops of my cheekbones.

I like the size of the Sephora Professionelle brushheads, as they suit the dimensions of my face. The hair density of this slanted brush is good, and the texture of the goat hair was firm enough for directional application (although there's definitely softer sohoko goat hairs out there), but I did notice that the hairs splayed after a few weeks' use and splayed further after a wash.

That said, I am insanely attached to the surprisingly durable plastic brushheads covers which come with Sephora brushes, which also does wonders for maintaining the brushheads shape. For the price-point, I'm happy with the quality and use the range for my "trial-runs" before spending more on a Hakuhodo version.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2013 1:20:00 PM More reviews by marianam14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

This brush is soft and very precise in the application of blush or bronzing powders.
I love its shape, because I consider it ideal for both countouring or getting a bit of color right on the cheeks.
It's a bit expensive, but at the same time affordable compared to the price of the brushes of other brands like MAC or Makeup Forever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2011 3:49:00 PM More reviews by lianegraham

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I find this brush to be very soft and just the right size for blush application. For reference, I like a more sheer wash of color on the apples of my cheeks. I don't really do any contouring, so I can't comment on that. This brush is easy to use for accomplishing the look that I like. This is on the more expensive side, but I like it much better than any of my cheaper brushes, so it's worth the price. The length of the handle is ideal for me, and it picks up and deposits color really well. I'm not 100% sure if I would repurchase because there are a lot of other similar brushes in this price range that I haven't tried, but generally I'm happy with it and am glad that I chose this and own it and get to use it every morning.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2010 2:30:00 AM More reviews by jbojangles

This brush is great for placing blush on the apples of the cheek and blending it out toward the temples. It also strikes a happy medium of being dense enough to pick up the product and fluffy enough to diffuse the color. The initial smell disappears after washing the brush regularly for a few months. Unfortunately, this thing sheds like crazy even with proper brush-cleaning technique. I have to pick off brush hairs from my face more often than I would like. I'm still looking for a better angled blush brush.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/19/2010 6:49:00 AM More reviews by snowbunnyUK

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Sheds like a mo'fo!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2010 3:43:00 PM More reviews by julvett

This brush is so soft, I love it! I've been wanting the MAC version of this brush for so long, but there are only Sephoras in my area. I was so glad to find an almost identical brush at Sephora- it's about the same price as they MAC and from what I heard, it's the same, if not better quality. I love it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2008 4:11:00 PM More reviews by babieedoll

This 49 blush brush is pretty good. The bristles are very soft doesn't hurt my face like my old MAC one. It grabs the right amount of blush and does a good job at blending. Overall good brush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2008 6:50:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

A very good brush and not over priced.
It's not a bargain either, but compared to BB or other brands, it has a fair price for the quality.
Very soft brush, hairs of the best quallity- it has not yet shed a hair and I have been using it for 2 months every day now).
You can really give a great shaping to your cheeks by using the short (angled) side to apply more intense colour and the longer side (softer) to blend it or to use it just to highlight the upper cheek. A very good tool!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2008 9:49:00 PM More reviews by enflmdphnx

I don't really like this brush. The MA at Sephora recommended it to apply a powder foundation -- WHY I HAVE NO IDEA. I was the idiot that bought it. I think the brush is too small. It was nice at first but after cleaning it, I have to admit... the brush hairs feel horrible.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2008 2:38:00 AM More reviews by angelyshis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

What a great brush! Dense, soft and is perfect for both countouring and getting a pop of color right on the apples. It has stood up to many washing without shedding one hair or any roughness at all. I love it! *pets brush*