September 21, 2014 | 1590 users online

Polishes - Urban Decay - Toxin nail polish

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2009 12:27:00 AM More reviews by niclyf

UD Toxin is pure HOTNESS! I've never seen another polish like this .. and since it's discontinued I use mine sparingly .. but this sucker is DELICIOUS! It's a gorgeous sheer plum absolutely infused with loads of mutlicolored micro-glitter. This isn't the ideal polish to use solo .. because it's incredibly sheer on it's own .. for me this is better layered. This polish is stunning layered over a deep violet/purple, over black, over burgundy. During the fall, this makes for an ultra sexy pedicure color. I adore this polish .. still totally bummed this is discontinued .. so i'm constantly searching to get a couple backups of this one. Definitely worth having for it's uniqueness .. I've yet to find anything even remotely like my beloved UD Toxin!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2008 11:59:00 AM More reviews by gymnastgirly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I found Toxin on EvilBay for a really reasonable price, so I can't comment on the regular price...though it is now really HTF, it may be more pricey.

I'd never wear Toxin alone, it's just too sheer. As a layering polish, it's in my Top 20. It makes darks and purples pop, and the colour-shifting shimmer is just amazing. At different angles, you can see the red, orange, and green in Toxin's shimmer.

I'd recommend trying this over OPI Black Cherry Chutney, Zoya Yasmeen, or pretty much any dark purple/near black colour. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2007 10:39:00 AM More reviews by shoewhore

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

As others have said, it takes a lot of coats to get the beautiful color you see in the bottle (it took me 4 coats). The brush is too skinny also. Would not buy again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2007 12:07:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

I think this is a better layering polish than on its own. It's very, very watery and sheer. One coat gives you a light purple glaze with orange-red sparkles. You need about four thin coats to get bottle intensity. Fortunately, this polish dries relatively quickly. Final color is a bright grape or amethyst purple with lots or orangey-red glitter and a jelly-like shiny finish--very unique and funky. Definitely not safe for work. Especially gorgeous layered over a vampy like OPI's "Lincoln Park After Dark" or even a midtone color that has plum or purplish tones like MAC's "Toast of the Town"--Toxin will add dimension, depth and shimmer to the shade.

The design of the bottle is very cute, but I wish the brush were not so long and skinny. I think I might repurchase after finishing the bottle. It's not the most versatile shade but it is unique and good for punching up any of my million and one vampies.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2007 2:36:00 AM More reviews by violetcobra

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Received in a wonderful swap, I would repurchase.

THE COLOR... I agree the color is a velvety violet with sunny microglitter. The violet is very deep, closer to purple. The microglitter in this makes it very warm toned. It is sheer, so be prepared--the color you see won't show until you apply a few coats. If you bought this bottle because of its magical appearance, you will know that the violet is gorgeous and the sunny red to gold holo microglitter will rock your socks.

THE APPLICATION... I found the application to be excellent, glassy and dried quickly. I wore about three coats to get it to look like the bottle. But not a streak in sight. Very even, and very sheer so you can see your nail underneath. Correct any ridges before using. Actually, this product is a little light and runny so if you wanted to be crazy you could probably tinker with this by leaving the cap off. I wouldn't though. I really liked what I got. I was prepared for the sheerness.

I have a swatch pic to share and I'll refresh this review for any changes on the wear, etc. PM me for the pic.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2007 2:08:00 PM More reviews by Evanstar

I have to agree with Karrieleigh, this polish is fabulous to layer with. Alone it does take time to apply but is very pretty. When you put this on top of purple, black or vampy colors it just makes the polish "pop". It adds so much and toxin seems to really have a rainbow effect in that it changes colors and shimmers in different lighting. I normally use this on top of OPI Lincoln Park after Dark and get compliments everytime. The bottle shape also makes it easy to apply, for me at least.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2006 11:56:00 AM More reviews by karrieleigh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Yes, Toxin is sheer, and yes if you want bottle color it will take some work, but this polish really is a gem as a layering polish. In one coat it's a barely there purple with orangey-red shimmer. Try layering it over a purple. For instance, Zoya Yasmeen. Yasmeen is already a deep purple with orangey-red shimmer, layering a coat of Toxin over it really just adds another dimension to it. I also like Toxin over OPI Black Tie Optional, Lincoln Park After Dark, and a creme black. I probably won't ever use it alone, but it's a must IMO, and it's in my Top 20 for sure!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2006 1:29:00 PM More reviews by sh3ll3y

This color is just stunning IF you have the time and patience to apply at least 3 coats to get the color in the bottle. A eggplant purple with orange/red sparkle. In sunlight or direct light I can't stop staring at my nails. But it took me two days to achieve the effect and it gets too goopy after the second coat (plus base and top). I swapped for it, not sure if I would purchase it if I needed it again but the color is too hard to resist.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2005 6:36:00 AM More reviews by glowfishglow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't know what the rave is all about. I found this nailpolish to be such low quality! I had to put 5 coats on to get the same shade as the bottle!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2005 11:50:00 AM More reviews by star811

Toxin is one of my favorite nail colors! It looks exactly like MAC Ruby Red pigment mixed with clear polish, which is what I wore often before I found Toxin. Urban Decay polishes are of wonderful quality-- they stay on without a top coat and without chipping for a few days (and then a top coat usually extends its life by a few more days.) The color is rich and perfect in consistency.